31. Sunnat’s regarding entering the house
1. To recite any Dhikr whilst entering ones home. (Muslim)
2. Enter the home with the right foot and Recite the following:
Allăhumma inni as’aluka khayral mawliji wa khayral makhraji, bismillâh walajnâ wa bismillâhi kharajnâ wa-alallahi rabbinâ tawakkalnâ.
O Allah, I beg of you the blessing of entering and leaving With Allah‘s name do we enter and with Allah’s name do we leave, and upon Allah, our Lord, do we rely. (Abu Dawud)
"بِسْمِ اللهِ وَلَجْنَا، وَ بِسْمِ اللهِ خَرَجْنَا، وَعَلَى رَبِّنَا تَوَكَّلْنَا".
Bismillaahi walajnaa, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa, wa 'alaaRabblnaa tawakkalnaa
In the Name of Allah we enter, in the Name of Allah we leave, and upon our Lord we depend [then say Asalaamu 'Alaikum to those present]. (Abu Dawud 4/325)
3. To greet those present at home with the Islamic greeting whether it be parents, wife, children etc (Abu Dawud)
4. To announce ones arrival at home by knocking or coughing etc (Nisaa’i)
Note: Reason being that incase one enters home or room where ones family member maybe sitting in an embarrassing position etc.
5. One should not sleep before praying Isha Salah (Mishkaat)
This may cause one missing Isha Salah with Jamaat or even miss it altogether if one ends up sleeping throughout the night.
Note: One should spend this time in the evening teaching children about Islam and doing taleem (Teaching) at home even if it’s for a short while as this will bring peace and blessings into the house.