Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Difference in the shafi and the hanafi system

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Post Difference in the shafi and the hanafi system

Sunni muslims have 4 sects. Among them i want to know the difference between the shafi and the hanafi sects. There are difference in the method of praying and many more which i dont know. Does anyone know about this?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Difference in the shafi and the hanafi system

Slm,

Firstly, Shafi and Hanafi are not 'sects' but thought schools within Ahle Sunnah wal Jamaa (Sunni/orthodox Islaam.) They (like the other two schools - Maliki and Hanbali (named after the respective imaams), only differ slightly regarding matters of fiqh. A sect in sunni terms would imply differing from the established opinions as formulated by the above 4 schools/madhaabs.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Wa-alaikum assalaam,
    Thanks brother for replying. Actually i wanted to know about the differences, as you told me that there are slight differences regarding fiqh, so can you give me more details on it?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

wa-alaikum assalaam brother. Thanx for replying and clarifying some of the doubts from my mind. As you said that there are slight differences regarding fiqh, would you be able to give more details on it?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by nazia876 View Post
    wa-alaikum assalaam brother. Thanx for replying and clarifying some of the doubts from my mind. As you said that there are slight differences regarding fiqh, would you be able to give more details on it?
    Slm,

The differences in fiqh will also differ for male and female for example salaah, tahara, geid etc. I am not a scholar, hopefully a scholar can answer better. I was originally Shafii but adopted Hanafi madhaab after about 3 years so I only know differences from a male's perspective. Also I have noticed differences amongst Shawafee if they are in different areas/localities which complicates the matter further.

Madhhab
    None

Sunni muslims have 4 sects. Among them i want to know the difference between the shafi and the hanafi sects. There are difference in the method of praying and many more which i dont know. Does anyone know about this?
    They are not sects.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

They are not sects...they are school of thoughts...Each Imam strifed in their fields to make islam more explainable to us,and each of these imams may allah swt reward them strifed more in a special field..imam hanbali leaned more toward fundemental of islam,imam maliki and shafi were more into hadiths of the prophet pbuh,while imam hanafi was more into the new inventions etc and how its viewed by islam example meqyas which through it smoking became from makrooh to haram now,All are follow Sunna mohammed pbuh,sects is when part of the fundemental views is not shared,in all sunni school of thoughts fundemental,aqeedah, everything is the same except for minor things like washing for prayer and someone touch you would that make your wash "wadooé" to be re-done again or not,if you call that a base for a sect then you need to understand the words definition before you throw it around.REMEMBER that those 4 imams didn't follow their own ways but the way of the prophet pbuh and his sunna.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by Riyaaz View Post
    Slm,

The differences in fiqh will also differ for male and female for example salaah, tahara, geid etc. I am not a scholar, hopefully a scholar can answer better. I was originally Shafii but adopted Hanafi madhaab after about 3 years so I only know differences from a male's perspective. Also I have noticed differences amongst Shawafee if they are in different areas/localities which complicates the matter further.
    lol Can you tell me then whats the diffrence between a sufi hanafi and a sufi shafi????

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by Abher_Ashram View Post
    They are not sects...they are school of thoughts...Each Imam strifed in their fields to make islam more explainable to us,and each of these imams may allah swt reward them strifed more in a special field..imam hanbali leaned more toward fundemental of islam,imam maliki and shafi were more into hadiths of the prophet pbuh,while imam hanafi was more into the new inventions etc and how its viewed by islam example meqyas which through it smoking became from makrooh to haram now,All are follow Sunna mohammed pbuh,sects is when part of the fundemental views is not shared,in all sunni school of thoughts fundemental,aqeedah, everything is the same except for minor things like washing for prayer and someone touch you would that make your wash "wadooé" to be re-done again or not,if you call that a base for a sect then you need to understand the words definition before you throw it around.REMEMBER that those 4 imams didn't follow their own ways but the way of the prophet pbuh and his sunna.
    I didnt mean that the Imaams followed their own ways but they follow our prophet saw. I am sorry i used a wrong word the school of thoughts. May Allah forgive me for this.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by Riyaaz View Post
    Slm,

Brother why did you adopt the Hanafi madhaab?