Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khatam

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Khatam

Salaam
    i have a question.
    Im sunni and i was just wondering people say it is not mentioned in the Qur'Aan e paak about doing a khatam.
    sO y do we do khatums?

2nd Question.
    Its Mash'Allah very beautifull to celebrate the prophets birthday but y do we celebrate it? and again we do a khatam at the end?

I just got confused so thort i might aswell ask

Thanxs

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Khatam

2nd Question.
    Its Mash'Allah very beautifull to celebrate the prophets birthday but y do we celebrate it? and again we do a khatam at the end?
    HAZRAT MOHAMMAD (P.B.U.H) did not celedrate his birthday,HIS SAHABA(R.A) did nOT celebrate it so if thay did not do this who you are to celebrate this.this is called bidah.
    for more info click http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...ighlight=milad

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Hirah*~ View Post
    Salaam
    i have a question.
    Im sunni and i was just wondering people say it is not mentioned in the Qur'Aan e paak about doing a khatam.
    sO y do we do khatums?

2nd Question.

Thanxs

Doing a khatam Quran is a bidah. If you could read it on your own and complete it's ok. But if you gather few people and do it, then its a bidah. Its very bad that we find khatam qurani's on rent

The term " Khatam Quran" should not be used first. It means completing Quran, where as we always start Quran. After completing the last surah we are advised to read one rukuh from first surah and then stop.

Celebrating birthdays is also not a sunnah. Prophet didnt celebrate his birthday anytime

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Doing a nafil(optional) amal which was not done by Prophet does not automatically make it a bid'a.

There are many examples where the companions did optional worship which was not directly sanctioned by Prophet. when Prophet came to know of the actions, he did not say bid'a bid'a bid'a!!!!!

Prophet used to ask what amal they are doing and then HE would actually praise them.

the amal was assessed in the light of the Quran,Sunnah and Shariah.
    Storms brewing.......................

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Is going on Jamat for 40 Days bidah?

Quote Originally Posted by ENIGMA View Post
    Doing a nafil(optional) amal which was not done by Prophet does not automatically make it a bid'a.
    You replied just before I could, but I was going to say the same. What defines something as bidah? The Barelvis and others could argue the same about tabligh and its set tarteeb of 3, 40, 4 months and the set amals that take place daily etc.

Personally from my limited knowledge that I have gained from this forum is that something can be defined as bidah if it is;

(a) Clearly forbidden from Quran and Hadith.
    (b) If it is given a higher status than it deserves e.g. it maybe a nafil but people believe it to be sunnah.
    What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Seriously, I URGE everyone to listen to Hadhrat Mufti Kamaluddin sahib's talk titled BID'A HASANAH AND ZIKR. amazing talk, based primarily about zikr but the principles he uses are general.

He gives clear examples of what I stated above,how the companions did nafil acts of worship which were not sanctioned by the Prophet directly. When Prophet same to know of the deeds, he praised the people doing the deed/the deed it self/the majlis etc.

The principle Mufti sahib used was that if the companions were allowed to 'create' optional worships for themselves(as long they fall in line with Quran,Sunnah,Shariah)then this principle will be allowed for the rest of the ummah.

Otherwise,do you not think Prophet would have rebuked those people who were doing deeds which were not directly sanctioned by him, if the concept of bida was that of literally anything apart from what HE stated/taught?
    Storms brewing.......................

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ENIGMA View Post

There are many examples where the companions did optional worship which was not directly sanctioned by Prophet. when Prophet came to know of the actions, he did not say bid'a bid'a bid'a!!!!!

Prophet used to ask what amal they are doing and then HE would actually praise them.

the amal was assessed in the light of the Quran,Sunnah and Shariah.

It was the statment of Mufti Abdul Moqni a well know mufti of hyderabad

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Hirah*~ View Post
    Salaam
    i have a question.
    sO y do we do khatums?

2nd Question.

Thanxs
    brother no need to be confused. just stick strictly to the quran and sunnah, and dont bother with other rituals, which are not evident from the quran/sunnah.
    Rasullah said in his last sermon: "2 things i leave behind for you lot, and if these you hold onto, you shall never go astay - know that is the Quran of Allah and my Sunnah."

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Try to increase your knowledge about 'what khatam is, whats its history, why it is done and whether it should or not'. then you will be in a better position to act. People confuse you in this issue as different schools of thoughts have different opinion on this.
    Future of Pakistan (Inshallah) - Sufis Predictions - Pakistan will Rule the World Soon

http://spiritual-pakistan-future.blogspot.com/

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Does it make any sense to go around thinking of new optional nafl ways of worship (as if we are same as Sahaba) when many Muslims are not performing even faraid acts and even if they are doing them are not doing them correctly? Many Muslims not even reading Quran correctly, or pronouncing letters correctly!