Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Status of Hadith in Islam

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    None
    Location
    bradford
    Posts
    28

    Question Status of Hadith in Islam

    Quote Originally Posted by Doy View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply,

    Where are the Hadiths that are proper and valid then? The ones we can trust as much as the Qur'an itself?
    your welcome for the reply. the difference between quran and sunnah(hadith) are as follows:

    Islam is a beautiful and simple religion in it's purest form: completely based on the Quran, a text considered by Muslims as the final revelation of God, which was revealed to the Prophet Mohammed over a 22 year span in the early 7th century. As with many religions, mainstream Muslims have clouded the religion with rituals and sayings collected in what's know as the Hadiths.

    The Hadiths are mainly a collection of rituals, sayings, and rulings by scholars claimed to be from the Prophet Mohammed that was recorded hundreds of years after his death. Mainstream Muslims typically accept the Hadiths as another religious text paired with the Quran. However, their text the Quran is explicit in the fact that it was to be the final and complete text of God.

    The Quran was revealed to Mohammed by the Angel Gabriel between the years of 610 AD to 632 AD and was intended to be the last, complete testament of God to the people. It includes 144 chapters known as surahs and the message is very simple: worship God alone and completely submit to His will. The Quran does not condone killing or many of the other stereotypical and unlearned views of the religion of Islam, but it's full of peace, love for others, and using one's reason to interpret the world around the believer.

    The general population's understanding of Muslims is based off of the Hadith's rituals, not solely on the Quran's teachings. When Islam was revealed, it's followers were intended to only follow the Quran.

    One common perception of Muslims is that they are obligated to pray 5 times a day. This strict teaching of 5 prayer times a day is Hadith. When strictly following the Quran, believers are instructed to pray morning, noon, and night.

    A visible symbol that people associate with Islam is the females of the religion wearing the head covering known as hijab where only their face and hands show in public. This is a completely Hadith-based mandate. The Quran specifically calls for both men and women to be modest not only in dress, but also in behavior.

    can i ask sister what hadith are you reading and could you please tell me which bit of the quran and hadith you are concerned about.


  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Confusion Regarding Hadith

    Quote Originally Posted by aminah911 View Post
    your welcome for the reply. the difference between quran and sunnah(hadith) are as follows:

    Islam is a beautiful and simple religion in it's purest form: completely based on the Quran, a text considered by Muslims as the final revelation of God, which was revealed to the Prophet Mohammed over a 22 year span in the early 7th century. As with many religions, mainstream Muslims have clouded the religion with rituals and sayings collected in what's know as the Hadiths.

    The Hadiths are mainly a collection of rituals, sayings, and rulings by scholars claimed to be from the Prophet Mohammed that was recorded hundreds of years after his death. Mainstream Muslims typically accept the Hadiths as another religious text paired with the Quran. However, their text the Quran is explicit in the fact that it was to be the final and complete text of God.

    The Quran was revealed to Mohammed by the Angel Gabriel between the years of 610 AD to 632 AD and was intended to be the last, complete testament of God to the people. It includes 144 chapters known as surahs and the message is very simple: worship God alone and completely submit to His will. The Quran does not condone killing or many of the other stereotypical and unlearned views of the religion of Islam, but it's full of peace, love for others, and using one's reason to interpret the world around the believer.

    The general population's understanding of Muslims is based off of the Hadith's rituals, not solely on the Quran's teachings. When Islam was revealed, it's followers were intended to only follow the Quran.

    One common perception of Muslims is that they are obligated to pray 5 times a day. This strict teaching of 5 prayer times a day is Hadith. When strictly following the Quran, believers are instructed to pray morning, noon, and night.

    A visible symbol that people associate with Islam is the females of the religion wearing the head covering known as hijab where only their face and hands show in public. This is a completely Hadith-based mandate. The Quran specifically calls for both men and women to be modest not only in dress, but also in behavior.

    can i ask sister what hadith are you reading and could you please tell me which bit of the quran and hadith you are concerned about.
    This reply is inaccurate and doesn't reflect Islam's teachings. If you wish to discuss these strange views that you've come up with, please start a new thread in the appropriate section, and stay out of the new Muslims section.
    HifzHelper.com - Motivate yourself to memorize and revise the quraan daily!

    Version 2.1 now available! Discuss and leave feedback here: New-website-HifzHelper.com


  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Confusion Regarding Hadith

    السلام عليكم,

    I was thinking about my reply above and I think I may have been a little too harsh. I apologize for that. I didn't realize that you were a relatively new Muslim yourself, sister Aminah911. Anyway, I encourage you to seek out knowledgeable sisters, and local scholars, books etc. to learn more about this matter. It's important to at least get a basic solid understanding. Until then you should kindly refrain from answering too many questions. (Actually, good advice for myself, as well )

    Again, I hope there were no hard feelings.
    HifzHelper.com - Motivate yourself to memorize and revise the quraan daily!

    Version 2.1 now available! Discuss and leave feedback here: New-website-HifzHelper.com


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    None
    Location
    bradford
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Confusion Regarding Hadith

    Quote Originally Posted by meelash View Post
    This reply is inaccurate and doesn't reflect Islam's teachings. If you wish to discuss these strange views that you've come up with, please start a new thread in the appropriate section, and stay out of the new Muslims section.
    sister,please tell me which part is inaccurate??and that it does not reflect on islams teachings??? and dont tell me to stay out of the new muslim section,if you think ive posted wrong,then back yourself up please as before i posted that information i seeked guidence all the other muslims agreed that the information posted was correct


  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Confusion Regarding Hadith

    Quote Originally Posted by aminah911 View Post
    sister,please tell me which part is inaccurate??and that it does not reflect on islams teachings??? and dont tell me to stay out of the new muslim section,if you think ive posted wrong,then back yourself up please as before i posted that information i seeked guidence all the other muslims agreed that the information posted was correct
    السلام عليكم,

    The following things in your post were inaccurate:
    completely based on the Quran
    This is false, as the Qur'aan was not sent all alone, but rather a messenger and example was sent with it, and Islam consists of obeying him, as his actions and speech were also revelation, and he did not speak anything of his own whims and desires, but only what was revealed to him.

    As with many religions, mainstream Muslims have clouded the religion with rituals and sayings collected in what's know as the Hadiths.
    This is false.

    The Hadiths are mainly a collection of rituals, sayings, and rulings by scholars
    This is false
    ...that was recorded hundreds of years after his death.
    This is false

    Mainstream Muslims typically accept the Hadiths as another religious text paired with the Quran.
    This is false, as the ahaadeeth are not a monlithic single "text" but rather a collection of historical records with varying degrees of authenticity.

    However, their text the Quran is explicit in the fact that it was to be the final and complete text of God.
    This may be literally correct, but clearly your understanding of what this means is misguided.

    It includes 144 chapters
    This is false.

    When Islam was revealed, it's followers were intended to only follow the Quran.
    This is nonsense.

    One common perception of Muslims is that they are obligated to pray 5 times a day. This strict teaching of 5 prayer times a day is Hadith. When strictly following the Quran, believers are instructed to pray morning, noon, and night.
    Again, complete nonsense, both in the artificial divestment of the Sunnah from the Qur'aan, when the two compliment and not contradict each other, and also because the Qur'aan does happen to mention all five prayers.

    A visible symbol that people associate with Islam is the females of the religion wearing the head covering known as hijab where only their face and hands show in public. This is a completely Hadith-based mandate.
    This is false.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Many of these topics have been discussed on these forums extensively before, and you could also find information about them on the internet. But I would suggest that you reach out to local knowledgeable sisters to start from scratch with learning all the basic beliefs in Islam, since there is a strong chance you might have other mistakes like these. If you live in a place where there is no such resource, you can read a book on fiqh written for laypeople, such as Bahishti Zewar or Ta'leemul Huq.

    If you need any help, please post, iA someone will be able to assist.




    The reason I suggested you not post in the New Muslim section rather than "back myself up" is because the New Muslim section is not intended to be a place for arguments on these type of subjects. Rather it is a place for new or interested non- Muslims to get straightforward correct answers to questions based on sunni Islam.

    -Brother meelash
    HifzHelper.com - Motivate yourself to memorize and revise the quraan daily!

    Version 2.1 now available! Discuss and leave feedback here: New-website-HifzHelper.com


Similar Threads

  1. Status of this hadith
    By thunderman in forum General Islam
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-12-2010, 08:31 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 10:58 AM
  3. Hadith status
    By majhul in forum General Islam
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 09:04 PM
  4. Status of a hadith
    By majhul in forum General Islam
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 12:53 AM
  5. ANSWERED: Status of 40 days hadith?
    By Omar HH in forum Islam Answers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-09-2005, 08:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •