Thread: Dua for a baby boy

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Dua for a baby boy

Assalamualikum,

Is there any specific dua for having a baby boy, like if a female is pregnant and she wishes to have a baby boy ?

Jazakallah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Dua for a baby boy

It's wisest to make dua for a righteous healthy child because you don't know which is better for you a son or a daughter.

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...e4233ad4116dbd

Madhhab
    Hanafi

AA

I asked this to a scholar in person and he explained that there is no harm in making dua for righteous baby boy. This is same as asking any thing else from Allah and then it is upto Allah if accepts or not. Allah knows what is better for someone either baby boy or baby girl. Being a muslim we believe in Taqdir and if a baby girl is born even after making dua then one must be happy.
    Disliking girls is unislamic and was common in mushrikeen & kuffar at the time of jahiliyah.
    This must be bear in mind that Prophet Muhammad Sallalaho alaihay Wassallam) had girls who lived longer as compared to the boys who were alive for short time.
    There are many virtues mentioned in Ahadith regarding raising girls .
    There is no specific dua for this but I heard a scholar mentioning doing excessive Istighfar as mentioned in Surah Nuh (Surah 71), Chapter 29, ayat 10,11,12. Translation as follows
    So I said, Pray to your Lord for your forgiveness, __Indeed He is Very-Forgiving[10]
    and He will cause the heavens to rain upon you in abundance,[11]
    and will help you with riches and sons, and will cause gardens to grow for you, and cause rivers to flow for you[12]

Allah knows the best.

WS

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jazakumullahu khairun for your replies.

WS

Madhhab
    Hanafi

The problem here is when people pray for a boy they often do so at the detriment of the girl, meaning they are disappointing when the up coming child is a girl.
    What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips

Senior Member naqshbandiosmanli's Avatar
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim,

Salaam alaikum,

Really, we should be extremely happy when we have daughters, as Allah jala jalalahu is allowing us to follow the sunnah of His Habib, salallahu alaihi wa salim. Also there are many ahadith mentioning the great virtues in having daughters, raising them to be righteous, etc. I have heard many people asking for specific adiya for having sons, but I don't believe I have ever heard any ever ask for a du'a to have a baby girl. It is sad that many of us come from cultures in which the female is considered inferior and a disappointment for just being female. This is a great shame, and a sign that we have not broken free from the chains of jahiliyya.