Thread: Hello i am new here and need to ask a big favour

Madhhab
    Don't know

Unhappy Hello i am new here and need to ask a big favour

I'm not very good with writing up stuff, but i'll type what my heart says. I have been with a sikh guy for just over 7 months. (Please don't judge) We instantly fell inlove and have been like soul mates but this month has been so hard, i wanted him to convert to islam and show him the true path so we can get married soon and have muslim children, he said he has tried his best but he is to into his own religious book but he knows alot about islam, if he did study islam i don't understand why he hasn't converted because anyone would because it is the right path to follow.

I have read duah day after day that allah will guide him to islam, but i made a decision to break up with him a couple of days ago i miss him so much he was my first love and the first person i have loved in my whole entire life, me and him had pretty much the same childhood and been through the same traumatic events in our lives.

So i ask the people on this website to read duah and pray for him that allah will guide him to islam so one day we can be together, i have hope we will i will be patiant and wait for him. We love each other dearly it is just religion that has made us go our seperate way. It is hard to let go and lose contact with someone you have texted and called every single day when you werent together for the past 7 months, i stay up all night and cry. You cannot choose who you fall inlove with.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Hello i am new here and need to ask a big favour

Quote Originally Posted by shammydeank View Post
    I'm not very good with writing up stuff, but i'll type what my heart says. I have been with a sikh guy for just over 7 months. (Please don't judge) We instantly fell inlove and have been like soul mates but this month has been so hard, i wanted him to convert to islam and show him the true path so we can get married soon and have muslim children, he said he has tried his best but he is to into his own religious book but he knows alot about islam, if he did study islam i don't understand why he hasn't converted because anyone would because it is the right path to follow.

I have read duah day after day that allah will guide him to islam, but i made a decision to break up with him a couple of days ago i miss him so much he was my first love and the first person i have loved in my whole entire life, me and him had pretty much the same childhood and been through the same traumatic events in our lives.

So i ask the people on this website to read duah and pray for him that allah will guide him to islam so one day we can be together, i have hope we will i will be patiant and wait for him. We love each other dearly it is just religion that has made us go our seperate way. It is hard to let go and lose contact with someone you have texted and called every single day when you werent together for the past 7 months, i stay up all night and cry. You cannot choose who you fall inlove with.

I am also not good at writing up stuff but I will also type what my heart says

I am glad to hear you broke up with this man, im glad to hear it was your decision, and I am even more glad to hear it was for the sake of Al-Islam.

I can tell you that this was the best move you could have done in your situation.

I understand you are going through emotional pain right now but this is just temporary, Allah will heal it with time. You gave up somthing totaly haraam for the sake of Allah and I can tell you many practicing brothers and sisters are continuing to do this act of dating even though they are aware of its consecuences, even though they are in a relationship with another muslim and even though they have the option of getting married. They are not strong enough to let it go, but you are!

I would like to share text message I recieved the other day, it was a quote of shaykh mamdouh muhammad it goes like this

"I tell the boys and the girls: Allah :swt: has already written the name of your spouses for you. what you need to do is work on your relationship with Allah :swt:. He :swt: will send him/her to you when your ready, it is only a matter of time."

Work on your relationship with Allah :swt:, try to get closer to him and inshallah he will unite you with the spouse he has written for you soon. Every time you "miss" this man dismiss those feelings say a'udhubillah himinashaytanir rajeem and carry on with your life. Because it is shaytan the accursed who is reminding you of this man, he is trying to take you away from the straight path. Think about it if shaythan had his way you would have fell head over heals with this guy and left the fold of islam to marry him... dont you think?

I would also like to give you another peice of advice which helps me through times of hardship... read tahajjud salaah, or just 2 rakah nafl salaah and spend ages in sujood and cry your eyes out in d'ua for whatever reason and ask Allah to take away all the pain and hurt from your heart and bless you with the good in this life and the hereafter.

I will make d'ua for you sister and I want you to make d'ua for me and ask allah to help me pass a job interview

ps forgive me for any spelling mistakes

"I throw bricks at the devil so Iíll be sure to hit him
    But first at the man in the mirror so I can chase out the venom"

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I too fell in love with one girl, a muslim girl...

It was also my first love etc.. etc... (basically because our likes were similar)

But if Allah doesn't want you to marry someone, you can't do it (even after fighting with my family)

Eventually I married some other lady and I am happy with her.

I forgot my first love, only love etc... etc... and she too forgot it

So sister please leave him and pray to Allah. you will be happy as I am

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by shammydeank View Post

Before converting him to Islam, try to convert yourself to Islam.
    Mujhse bekas ki dawlat pe laakhon durood, Mujhse bebas ki quwwat pe laakhon salaam,
    Hum ghareebon ke aaqa pe behad durood, Hum faqeeron ki sarwat pe laakhon salaam.

www.jayshemuhabbat.blogspot.com
    www.drabutamim.blogspot.com
    www.shiningblades.blogspot.com

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I am not here to judge, but thought I would share my thoughts.

I believe this is the third post this week about some-one falling in love with some-one else and it not working.

You see "love" is something we don't truly understand. Many times we think we are in "love", but rather this is just a feeling that we trick ourselves into. The fact of the matter is that we aren't in "love" with the person, but rather in this particular case in "love" with some-one always being there when we need them to be.

The truth is that humans are very lonely people, and we need others. Whether it be in person or online, we need companionship. If you are very lucky then the only person you need is Allah (SWT) and his Messenger (SAW), and you will be content. However, majority of us are not this fortunate.

Sometimes we think we fell in "love" with some-one, but rather we just fall in "love" with the idea of having some-one. A classical example is the post a couple of days by a brother who if I am not mistaken fell in love with a girl he has never been with, but rather was inspired by her and thinks that he is all he needs (I ask for the brother's forgiveness if I have mis-typed anything. Again I am not here to judge).

However, how can we fall in love with some-one when we have never been in a relationship with them, and know that this the correct person for me? Any-one who is married can tell you that knowing some-one and being in a relationship with them is two totally different things.

Anyways I come back to my main point. As human we are in need of others, and the truth is that it's hard to find some-one who we can connect with, whether it be some-one from the same gender or opposite gender.

Sometimes we have many friends, but no-one we can call our "best-friend", and sometimes we have many proposals, but we can't find that person who share our common interests and we click with.

Also at other times we may have that "best-friend", but any-one who has a spouse or is in a relationship (which is haram if you're not married) knows that talking to opposite gender is totally different and brings a whole new dimension into the picture.

The point is that as humans we need companionship, and we look and look and look till we find some-one who fits what we are looking for and think that if I don't go for it, I will never find a person like this again in my life.

However, this is false thinking. Yes, it maybe difficult to find some-one like that person, however when you do find them (which you eventually will), you will be totally satisfied and forget about every-one else InshAllah.

No matter what, we can't compromise our dean and give in to our desires. If you do everything for the sake of Allah (SWT), he will help you find that special person for you.

In the end we need to connect ourselves with Allah (SWT) and love him and the Prophet (SAW). Once we do this, these "love" problems we have will not be a problem at all.

I mean how many times do we hear stories about people falling in "love"? The sad truth is that these kind of story will never die out.

Here is a story for you all about a person I personally knew (I lived with him):

There was a person I knew who met a girl who lived 15 hours away from him. They were together for about 5 years and would talk EVERYDAY atleast 5 hours or more (mostly on aim when it was popular). In 5 years he met her only 4 times for a total of 8 or 9 days (something like that).

Every-one knew about this relationship: the parents, friends, relatives, I mean every-one. After 5 years of constistanly talking for more then 5 hours a day (and when I mean 5 hours, that was the minumum), they finally broke up.

Heart devastated they both were. I mean if anything, that must be true love right? Talking for 5 years and only seeing each other for a total of 8 days.

And guess what? They both moved on and the guy married some-one else.

The point is life goes on, and Allah (SWT) always does what is best.

May Allah (SWT) guide us all and open our eyes to the sins we commit.

Amin.
    Last edited by nike89x; 07-05-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Brother nike89x: great answer.

I was watching this documentary the other day and it made it plain that this fobidden love is all the trickery of shaytaan. And media is his super weapon. We are not meant to love anyone so much, even if it is your wife, more than Allah and is messenger(saw). The media tries to make your loved one an idol for you to worship. It is strange but it is true...

If you love someone so much and expect so much from him or her you will always be left brokenhearted. The main idea is never expect anything from anyone. Expect it from Allah alone, love Him more than anything in the whole world. Only then will you be satisfied. Your husband, your wife, your boyfried or girlfreind can't ever make you happy, because only in loving Allah, we can ever be happy, and with Allah in Jinnah will we forever be happy.

So you see our real happiness only lies with Allah. The rest are all worldly desires which will never be satisfied fully.

So we should all learn to love Allah...

You will return to Him ALONE
    Just like you came to the world ALONE

Download and listen to the Quran in English

Madhhab
    Maliki

Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Tamim View Post
    Before converting him to Islam, try to convert yourself to Islam.
    ?????

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by mukhtar View Post
    ?????
    Read beyond the words