Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

assalamu 'alaykum,

I wanted to know which sharh would be recommended for someone who's studying the Kanz al-Daqa'iq. I know Bahr ar-Ra'iq is the most popular one out there but its pretty extensive I think and more for advanced "users", would a student of Kanz benefit from it?

Others I've been told about are Kashf al-Haqaiq and Tabyin al-Haqai'q.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

jazakAllah khayr

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

I forgot to add, I'm only interested in Arabic shuruhat as I'm constantly told to stay far away from the Urdu ones. : )

Madhhab
    Hanafi

sharhul ayni is short and to the point in 2 jilds

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by hussainahmed View Post
    sharhul ayni is short and to the point in 2 jilds
    Is the sharh by Ayni called ; Sharh ul Kandi ?

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

The concise commentaries of Kanz are:

1- Ramz al-Haqaiq of al-Ayni. The original Egyptian editions are hard to find. It was copied by Idarah al-Quran years ago and you might still find a few copies in Karachi bookstores. Idarah al-Quran reprinted it a few years ago, in Beirut, however while it might be a good-looking copy, I am sure it would be error-riddled like the rest of their own prints.Phone Abbasi Kutub Khana in Juna Market 2526456 and ask them if they have a copy of the old edition of the book. If you cannot get it, then purchase the new edition.

2- Kashf al-Haqaiq of al-Afghani, in two volumes. Idarah al-Quran copied it. Should be available in Karachi.

3- Mulla Miskin - in one volume, very rare. If you cannot find it, look for the 3 volume Hashiyah on it, titled Fath Allah al-Mu'in, which was copied by Idarah al-Quran or HM Saeed years ago but is now out of print. The hashiyah might be a little too detailed for normal use. It can be downloaded from here

4- Kanz al-Bayan of al-Ta'i - one volume. You could still find the old Egyptian print of it in bookstores there, otherwise you will have to settle for Ilmiyyah's re-typed edition.

The other commentaries of Kanz, such as Nahr, Bahr, Tabyin etc are too detailed and not suited for use by students. They are more for use in Ifta.

You should note that the commentaries listed above aren't suited for fatwa, as they are very mukhtasar, leaving out all the details that are required for fatwa.
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

Formerly "soofi_saheb"

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Its not aloud to give fatwa from the books:

- Nahr (a commantary of Al Ashbah wan Nazair)
    - Sharh ul Kanz of al-Ayni
    - Durrul Mukhtar (commantary of Tanwirul Absar)
    - Sharh ul Kanzi of Mulla Miskin (the author is unknown)
    - Sharhun Niqaya of Quhistani
    - Al Qunya of Zahidi
    - Al Khulasa of al Kaydani (author is unknown even some say the actual author of the book is unknown)
    - Salat ul Masudi of al Masudi
    Last edited by nuaym; 03-11-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by nuaym View Post
    - Nahr (a commantary of Al Ashbah wan Nazair)
    an-Nahr al-Fa'iq is a Sharh of Kanz ad-Daqaiq, by Umar ibn an-Najaym, the brother of Zayn ad-Din ibn Nujaym, the author of al-Ashbah wa an-Nadha'ir.

Quote Originally Posted by nuaym View Post
    - Sharhun Niqaya of Quhistani
    It is Nuqayah and Quhustani
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

Formerly "soofi_saheb"

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Husain View Post
    an-Nahr al-Fa'iq is a Sharh of Kanz ad-Daqaiq, by Umar ibn an-Najaym, the brother of Zayn ad-Din ibn Nujaym, the author of al-Ashbah wa an-Nadha'ir.

It is Nuqayah and Quhustani
    Jazakallahu khayran for the corrections Mufti.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Husain View Post

The concise commentaries of Kanz are:

1- Ramz al-Haqaiq of al-Ayni. The original Egyptian editions are hard to find. It was copied by Idarah al-Quran years ago and you might still find a few copies in Karachi bookstores. Idarah al-Quran reprinted it a few years ago, in Beirut, however while it might be a good-looking copy, I am sure it would be error-riddled like the rest of their own prints.Phone Abbasi Kutub Khana in Juna Market 2526456 and ask them if they have a copy of the old edition of the book. If you cannot get it, then purchase the new edition.

2- Kashf al-Haqaiq of al-Afghani, in two volumes. Idarah al-Quran copied it. Should be available in Karachi.

3- Mulla Miskin - in one volume, very rare. If you cannot find it, look for the 3 volume Hashiyah on it, titled Fath Allah al-Mu'in, which was copied by Idarah al-Quran or HM Saeed years ago but is now out of print. The hashiyah might be a little too detailed for normal use. It can be downloaded from here

4- Kanz al-Bayan of al-Ta'i - one volume. You could still find the old Egyptian print of it in bookstores there, otherwise you will have to settle for Ilmiyyah's re-typed edition.

The other commentaries of Kanz, such as Nahr, Bahr, Tabyin etc are too detailed and not suited for use by students. They are more for use in Ifta.

You should note that the commentaries listed above aren't suited for fatwa, as they are very mukhtasar, leaving out all the details that are required for fatwa.
    assalamu 'alaykum,

JazakAllah khayr mufti sahib for the valuable recommendations.

I'll certainly get number 1 and 2 inshaAllah because those might be easier to get my hands on since I don't have much free time nowadays. I purchased the Idarat al-Qur'an version of Kashf al-Haqa'iq a few months ago but that was for someone else therefore I don't have it on me.

So far I've been using this Arabic sharh (also published by Idarat al-Qur'an) by Mawlana I'zaz 'Ali (the one who wrote Nafhat al-'Arab) and I've found it useful, he quotes this book called الزيلعى very frequently but he also mentions bahr and kashf al-haqa'iq amongst others as well. What or who is الزيلعى by the way? I remember he referenced this same الزيلعى frequently in his hashiya of Mukhtasar al-Quduri as well.

wassalam
    Hamood

Mufti
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Zayla'i is Uthman Ibn `Ali Az-Zayla‘i (d. 743 AH) the author of Tabyin al-Haqaiq, sharh of Kanz ad-Daqaiq.
    He is different from az-Zayla'i the author of Nasb al-Raya, takrij of al-Hidayah.

Formerly "soofi_saheb"