Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

  1. #1
    Amir / Scholar Hamood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,143

    Default Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    assalamu 'alaykum,

    I wanted to know which sharh would be recommended for someone who's studying the Kanz al-Daqa'iq. I know Bahr ar-Ra'iq is the most popular one out there but its pretty extensive I think and more for advanced "users", would a student of Kanz benefit from it?

    Others I've been told about are Kashf al-Haqaiq and Tabyin al-Haqai'q.

    Any recommendations would be appreciated.

    jazakAllah khayr


  2. #2
    Amir / Scholar Hamood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,143

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    I forgot to add, I'm only interested in Arabic shuruhat as I'm constantly told to stay far away from the Urdu ones. : )


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    sharhul ayni is short and to the point in 2 jilds


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    Quote Originally Posted by hussainahmed View Post
    sharhul ayni is short and to the point in 2 jilds
    Is the sharh by Ayni called ; Sharh ul Kandi ?


  5. #5
    Mufti
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students



    The concise commentaries of Kanz are:

    1- Ramz al-Haqaiq of al-Ayni. The original Egyptian editions are hard to find. It was copied by Idarah al-Quran years ago and you might still find a few copies in Karachi bookstores. Idarah al-Quran reprinted it a few years ago, in Beirut, however while it might be a good-looking copy, I am sure it would be error-riddled like the rest of their own prints.Phone Abbasi Kutub Khana in Juna Market 2526456 and ask them if they have a copy of the old edition of the book. If you cannot get it, then purchase the new edition.

    2- Kashf al-Haqaiq of al-Afghani, in two volumes. Idarah al-Quran copied it. Should be available in Karachi.

    3- Mulla Miskin - in one volume, very rare. If you cannot find it, look for the 3 volume Hashiyah on it, titled Fath Allah al-Mu'in, which was copied by Idarah al-Quran or HM Saeed years ago but is now out of print. The hashiyah might be a little too detailed for normal use. It can be downloaded from here

    4- Kanz al-Bayan of al-Ta'i - one volume. You could still find the old Egyptian print of it in bookstores there, otherwise you will have to settle for Ilmiyyah's re-typed edition.

    The other commentaries of Kanz, such as Nahr, Bahr, Tabyin etc are too detailed and not suited for use by students. They are more for use in Ifta.

    You should note that the commentaries listed above aren't suited for fatwa, as they are very mukhtasar, leaving out all the details that are required for fatwa.
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

    Formerly "soofi_saheb"


  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    Its not aloud to give fatwa from the books:

    - Nahr (a commantary of Al Ashbah wan Nazair)
    - Sharh ul Kanz of al-Ayni
    - Durrul Mukhtar (commantary of Tanwirul Absar)
    - Sharh ul Kanzi of Mulla Miskin (the author is unknown)
    - Sharhun Niqaya of Quhistani
    - Al Qunya of Zahidi
    - Al Khulasa of al Kaydani (author is unknown even some say the actual author of the book is unknown)
    - Salat ul Masudi of al Masudi
    Last edited by nuaym; 03-11-2008 at 11:27 AM.


  7. #7
    Mufti
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    Quote Originally Posted by nuaym View Post
    - Nahr (a commantary of Al Ashbah wan Nazair)
    an-Nahr al-Fa'iq is a Sharh of Kanz ad-Daqaiq, by Umar ibn an-Najaym, the brother of Zayn ad-Din ibn Nujaym, the author of al-Ashbah wa an-Nadha'ir.

    Quote Originally Posted by nuaym View Post
    - Sharhun Niqaya of Quhistani
    It is Nuqayah and Quhustani
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

    Formerly "soofi_saheb"


  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    Quote Originally Posted by Husain View Post
    an-Nahr al-Fa'iq is a Sharh of Kanz ad-Daqaiq, by Umar ibn an-Najaym, the brother of Zayn ad-Din ibn Nujaym, the author of al-Ashbah wa an-Nadha'ir.


    It is Nuqayah and Quhustani
    Jazakallahu khayran for the corrections Mufti.


  9. #9
    Amir / Scholar Hamood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,143

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students

    Quote Originally Posted by Husain View Post


    The concise commentaries of Kanz are:

    1- Ramz al-Haqaiq of al-Ayni. The original Egyptian editions are hard to find. It was copied by Idarah al-Quran years ago and you might still find a few copies in Karachi bookstores. Idarah al-Quran reprinted it a few years ago, in Beirut, however while it might be a good-looking copy, I am sure it would be error-riddled like the rest of their own prints.Phone Abbasi Kutub Khana in Juna Market 2526456 and ask them if they have a copy of the old edition of the book. If you cannot get it, then purchase the new edition.

    2- Kashf al-Haqaiq of al-Afghani, in two volumes. Idarah al-Quran copied it. Should be available in Karachi.

    3- Mulla Miskin - in one volume, very rare. If you cannot find it, look for the 3 volume Hashiyah on it, titled Fath Allah al-Mu'in, which was copied by Idarah al-Quran or HM Saeed years ago but is now out of print. The hashiyah might be a little too detailed for normal use. It can be downloaded from here

    4- Kanz al-Bayan of al-Ta'i - one volume. You could still find the old Egyptian print of it in bookstores there, otherwise you will have to settle for Ilmiyyah's re-typed edition.

    The other commentaries of Kanz, such as Nahr, Bahr, Tabyin etc are too detailed and not suited for use by students. They are more for use in Ifta.

    You should note that the commentaries listed above aren't suited for fatwa, as they are very mukhtasar, leaving out all the details that are required for fatwa.
    assalamu 'alaykum,

    JazakAllah khayr mufti sahib for the valuable recommendations.

    I'll certainly get number 1 and 2 inshaAllah because those might be easier to get my hands on since I don't have much free time nowadays. I purchased the Idarat al-Qur'an version of Kashf al-Haqa'iq a few months ago but that was for someone else therefore I don't have it on me.

    So far I've been using this Arabic sharh (also published by Idarat al-Qur'an) by Mawlana I'zaz 'Ali (the one who wrote Nafhat al-'Arab) and I've found it useful, he quotes this book called الزيلعى very frequently but he also mentions bahr and kashf al-haqa'iq amongst others as well. What or who is الزيلعى by the way? I remember he referenced this same الزيلعى frequently in his hashiya of Mukhtasar al-Quduri as well.

    wassalam
    Hamood


  10. #10
    Mufti
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: Recommended sharh of Kanz al-Daqa'iq for students



    Zayla'i is Uthman Ibn `Ali Az-Zayla‘i (d. 743 AH) the author of Tabyin al-Haqaiq, sharh of Kanz ad-Daqaiq.
    He is different from az-Zayla'i the author of Nasb al-Raya, takrij of al-Hidayah.
    Sahabah رضي الله عنهم would cling fast to the Sunnah, on account of it being Sunnah, while we discard the Sunnah, on account of it being (just) Sunnah!

    Formerly "soofi_saheb"


Similar Threads

  1. recommended books
    By zaidf in forum General Islam
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-12-2010, 06:33 AM
  2. Searching for Kanz al-Ummal
    By master_ier in forum Islamic Education
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 06:52 PM
  3. Kanz ad Daqaa'id vs. Sharh al Wiqaya?
    By Sunni_Student786 in forum Islamic Education
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 07:12 AM
  4. Sharh Ibn Aqeel or Sharh Shuzur uz Dhahab?
    By hubeali in forum Arabic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-04-2009, 09:23 PM
  5. Recommended tafseer
    By tazkiyyah in forum General Islam
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-10-2005, 06:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •