Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shafi seeking a good Darul Uloom

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: Shafi seeking a good Darul Uloom

Salam,
    abuyusufalshafii do you know what the prerequisites are to study at that Darul Uloom and what age do you need to be?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Salman253 View Post
    Do brothers know of any Darul Ulooms that teach that Shafi fiqh or even all four, preferably one in UK or South Africa and keep in mind that I don't speak Urdu.

Jazakallah Khair in advance for your help
    Its OK you like shafi fiqh. All the four are correct. Choose any one strongly. I live in Pakistan and don't know about UK or South Africa. If you can spare sometime of your day please go to any Darul Uloom. They should guide you. However I advice you ( as an elder one) to join Hanafi Fiqh. You can join this in my country. Thanks.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Hafiz Gee View Post
    salam

jazakAllah to all the students for clearing up the matter regarding tasawuf, and the alleged salafist inclination issue.
    ASSALAM O ALAIKUM

I newly joined this forum and also don't know the best use of it. I am just studying this website. Secondly I also don't know the proper use of computer. However I am doing it after some efforts.

Sir as a senior member I am need of some guide lines. I want to bay't (Pledge) in Istanbol, Turkey. Whatever I could understand after an ISTEKHARA I have to Bay't there. Do you know anybody there. I am an Hanafi and in Sout Asia I am DEOBANDI if you understand it. I should be very happy if you could do something in this regard. My e-mail is arshad.haroon2009@yahoo.com. My 2nd e-mail is bhaiharoon@gmail.com. Please reply there or forward it to best possible person. Thanks & Regards.

Haroon

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

I understand your feelings brother but considering all of my family is Shafi'i and most of my communitiy is I feel that I could be more usefull by becoming a Shafi'i alim. The other problem is that I don't speak Urdu and that is a prerequisite in most Hanafi Darul Ulooms.

By the way can anyone help me get in contact with Sheikh Taha's school or any of the students I have a load of questions.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by abuyusufalshafii View Post
    wa alaykum salam,

I am currently studying/teaching at the Dar al-'Ulum. Thus, my information is current.

The madrasa is an excellent place to study Shafi'i fiqh/madhhab.

The library is extensive. It is silly to assess the madrasa to be Salafi inclined because of the few works from Salafi authors present there. There are also some books on Christianity, Orientalism, Shi'ism, etc.

Tasawwuf features by the means of tarbiyyah classes featured in the Alim course. Imam Ghazzali's Ihya 'Ulum al-Din is a syllabus book in the 3rd and 4th years. When I did my first years we studied the same author's Bidayat al-Hidayah, which is another work in Islamic spirituality. One of the senior lectures is a khalifa of Ml. Zulfiqar al-Naqshbandi (May Allah preserve them both).
    Does the Madrassah have links with al-Azhar or any other Islamic university which allows the students to further their studies at the university (eg. in the UK one of the Darul Ulooms had an agreement with al Azhar which allowed the darul uloom graduates to enroll onto the 3rd year of the BA Usuluddin/Shariah degree)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abd ar Rahman View Post
    Does the Madrassah have links with al-Azhar or any other Islamic university which allows the students to further their studies at the university (eg. in the UK one of the Darul Ulooms had an agreement with al Azhar which allowed the darul uloom graduates to enroll onto the 3rd year of the BA Usuluddin/Shariah degree)

As far as i know the Madrassa does not have any formal links with Azhar. However i do know of a couple of students who whilst studying at the Uloom have gone to Tarim to spend a few months there.

If you have listened to Shaykh Taha’s presentation on the curriculum of the madrassa you would have noted (and I’m paraphrasing here) ‘”I feel that most of what is given to a student in a Takhasus (post graduate stage) course should be given to him during his normal 6 years”
    "The objective behind studying the oppositions viewpoint is to bridge the divide/close the gap and not to gain the upper hand" Sh Tauha Karaan

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by mospike View Post
    As far as i know the Madrassa does not have any formal links with Azhar. However i do know of a couple of students who whilst studying at the Uloom have gone to Tarim to spend a few months there.

If you have listened to Shaykh Taha’s presentation on the curriculum of the madrassa you would have noted (and I’m paraphrasing here) ‘”I feel that most of what is given to a student in a Takhasus (post graduate stage) course should be given to him during his normal 6 years”
    JazaakAllah khayr Br Mo,

I've listened to the audio, Masha Allah it sounds very impressive especially the fact that many contemporary works are also included to give the students a balance.

What's the best way to contact the Admin or the Shaykh at Cape town?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

The best way is to come to South Africa and visit them in person.

Unfortunately none of the members on this forum have been successful in contacting them via telephone or e-mail
    "The objective behind studying the oppositions viewpoint is to bridge the divide/close the gap and not to gain the upper hand" Sh Tauha Karaan

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by mospike View Post
    The best way is to come to South Africa and visit them in person.

Unfortunately none of the members on this forum have been successful in contacting them via telephone or e-mail
    As much as I'd like to, that sounds like a very expensive conversation.

Do you know of any UK students who are studying there or have graduated that I could speak to first?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abd ar Rahman View Post
    As much as I'd like to, that sounds like a very expensive conversation.

Do you know of any UK students who are studying there or have graduated that I could speak to first?
    I havent been able to locate ONE graduate here in Johannesburg so you might find it difficult to find one in the UK...

anyway i was just kidding,,,