Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shafi seeking a good Darul Uloom

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Shafi seeking a good Darul Uloom

Quote Originally Posted by abuyusufalshafii View Post
    wa alaykum salam,

I am currently studying/teaching at the Dar al-'Ulum. Thus, my information is current.

The madrasa is an excellent place to study Shafi'i fiqh/madhhab.

The library is extensive. It is silly to assess the madrasa to be Salafi inclined because of the few works from Salafi authors present there. There are also some books on Christianity, Orientalism, Shi'ism, etc.

Tasawwuf features by the means of tarbiyyah classes featured in the Alim course. Imam Ghazzali's Ihya 'Ulum al-Din is a syllabus book in the 3rd and 4th years. When I did my first years we studied the same author's Bidayat al-Hidayah, which is another work in Islamic spirituality. One of the senior lectures is a khalifa of Ml. Zulfiqar al-Naqshbandi (May Allah preserve them both).

Sh. Yaqub, akhi how are you? This is Abubakr from a long time ago. How's everything? I'm glad that you posted here again . . . I've been wondering how you are for a long time now. Akhi I know a brother who wants to study in an intensive setting so I sent him the websites to Darun Naim in Wynberg and Darul 'uloom in Strand. Akhi your website is down there so is there a good way for him to contact you guys? If you want to email me just type my username, subtract the _ , and add @gmail[dot]com. Let me know how everything is, I would love to hear how your studies have gone and what's new in general.

Take care bro,

wasalaam
    قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : المسلم من سلم المسلمون من لسانه ويده

The Messenger of God صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

A [true] Muslim is he from whose tongue and hand other believers remain safe (Bukhārī, Muslim).

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Asalamualykum All

I met Shaykh Taha today, i asked him for the contact details of the Administration department of the Madrassa.

Shaykh explained that the telephone lines (Copper Cable) at the Marassa were stolen, replaced and stolen again, thus prospective students have not been able to make contact with the Madrassa.

Shaykh has given me the mobile number of Moulana Abu Bakr who is in charge of Admitn department.
    You may contact him on 083 490 0079 if you in SA, outside of SA you need to use the dialing code +27 so the number would +27 83 490 0079

Please consider that this is Moulana's mobile number so take cognizance of the time you call and the amount of calls you make to this number.

Use this webiste to check the time difference for your country of residence

http://www.convertunits.com/time/fro...o/South+Africa
    "The objective behind studying the oppositions viewpoint is to bridge the divide/close the gap and not to gain the upper hand" Sh Tauha Karaan

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Salam

For the curriculum and methodology of the institute i would recomend listening to this lecture series on the development of shafi fiqh followed by an explanation of the Shaykh Taha Karan's vision for the school:

http://www.shafifiqh.com/audio-video/audio/

Madhhab
    None

Salam, I thought that after spending one year at this madrassah it would be worth me commenting on my experience there. I am a Canadian student who completed the first year of study at DUAI. I can't speak for much being here for only a year but what I can say is that I very much enjoyed my time studying here. It may be a little difficult for a person at first to get used to the conditions of the madrassah but after a point you look beyond that and it really becomes irrelevant. In fact I actually found it to be beneficial in building my character. From speaking with students in higher years including those that have studied at other Darul ulooms one sees the real level of knowledge that is offered here that you will not find elsewhere. One only needs to be motivated. A lot of emphasis is put on reading and reseach and the library is available for anyone to use. Many subjects are also taught here such as takhreej that you won't get in other madarass. There is an excellent collection of books imported from Egypt and elsewhere especially on Shafi fiqh. It may not be as strict as other madarass when it comes to certain matters pertaining to rules and regulations but the students are mature and quite hard working so it's not really much of an issue. Nice and very knowledgeable teachers as well. I would definitely recommend this madrassah for anyone who wishes to study shafi fiqh or even for someone who wishes to study at a level that is a notch higher than other places. The fact that Urdu is not a requirement may be an added benefit for some as it was for me. Again I can't speak from much experience, but I can sense that you get a real balance from studying here as the madrassah brings ilm from both the Arab and India/Pak worlds. I am very grateful that I found this place and look forward to completing my six years at DUAI.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Assalaamu alaykum

Could you give some more details on the madrassa such as; 1: how much is the cost? 2: how does a normal day look like at the madrassa? 3: how would I be able to get in contact with the scholars at the DU for further information?

JazakAllahu khayr

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

If you scroll up you will find a phone number for the Sheikh who is in charge of the admin process.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Salman253 View Post

If you scroll up you will find a phone number for the Sheikh who is in charge of the admin process.
    Wa 'alaikum assalaam and JazakaAllahu khayr...I have the number of Mawlana Abu Bakr, I have tried to contact him but I think if I could get Mawlanas email or some other scholars emails at the madrassa it would be better Allahu 'Alim.

Wa alaikum assalaam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

You should try Dar al Mustafa in Tarim, Yemen. It is a very good institute for educational and spiritual progress. Look it up.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

I read an old post by Mufti Husain where he recommended future students of the deen to start in the Dar al-Uloms in "West" instead of trying to learn Arabic and the other subjects in the middle east because he saw many promising students come home after a while not having learned much. And then they would give up totally.

I have read alot of his old posts and having done some research I have now become really serious about following his advice. I'm a follower of the Shafii school and I have zero knowledge of Urdu, based on this I think Shaykh Tahaa Karan's shool in Strand, South Africa would be the best choice for me?

I have listened to Shaykh Tahaa's recordings on Shafiifiqh.com and I was really impressed with his knowledge. But I have some questions that needs to be clarified before I can make a decision.

I have no knowledge of the Arabic language, I can barely read Arabic, I really struggle when I try to read the Quran. Based on this can I still apply for the school in Strand? What are the requirements for attending the school? I read that the program takes 6 years to complete, but are the 2 first years for learning Arabic or do you study Arabic for 2 years and then start the 6 year program? I also read that the Dar al-Ulooms in SA start in January and not after Ramadan, I really wanted to start after Ramadan, but this is not possible?

Could anyone please help me out, maybe if Mufti Husain has time, he could answer or maybe a student of Shaykh Tahaa's school?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Asalaamualykum

Moulana Abu Bakrs e-mail address is abubakrshaibu@yahoo.com

@ Akhi 'Slave-of-Allah' it is an entrance requirement that the prospective student be well versed in the English language and fluent in reading the qur'an.

I suggest that you contact a local scholar to try and achieve this goal first and then Endeavour to enroll at an institute. With time and dedication this should take you about 2 months to sort out Insha Allah.
    "The objective behind studying the oppositions viewpoint is to bridge the divide/close the gap and not to gain the upper hand" Sh Tauha Karaan