Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is Dr Zakir Naik's Aqeeda and Manhaj?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

[QUOTE=Nayab]
    Also I think the problem at hand doesn't necessarily have to do with hidayat, but also akal (intelligence). Brothers lacking in the later department might endure great difficulty learning many aspects of deen.

QUOTE]

I agree with your post, particularly the part where you talk about how a lack of "aql" (i.e. intelligence) is also part of the problem that we face as an Ummah when trying to learn about Islam. But I don't think that this problem is restricted to the laymen alone. I have met many an "alim" who seems to be lacking in this department, specifically in their application of logic. It is quite sad.

May Allah rectify our situation as an ummah.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Many dar ul uloom's don't teach logic or philosophy anymore.
    So they produce parrots with long beards

Madhhab
    Hanbali

Default More on naik

salam alaikum

interesting to see some discussion on this topic

Zakir Naik Aqidah on Quran Majeed

Was Ibn Sina Muslim? Or Kaafir? What was his belief?

Madhhab
    Don't know

I find this thread to be DISGUSTING and I think it is UNBELIEVABLY hypocritical of the Sunni-Forum staff for letting this thread go on, and even encouraging it.....indeed, Sunni-Forum FOSTERS bashing scholars, despite the fact that they fervently claim to disallow 'insulting the ulema.' And any time that they want to justify this, they will say "oh well , so-and-so is not a scholar." Nice!

I tend to side with Salafis on issues....and you will notice that those Salafi sites bash on Zakir Naik....I will say right here and right now that that is DISGUSTING that people have nothing better to do than insult a fellow brother in Islam.

If you disagree with a brother, then there is NO reason to "expose" him. And you can still garner MUCH good from such a brother. Take the good. Leave what you disagree with. For example, I love Shaikh Hamza Yousuf, despite the fact that I REVILE his political viewpoints. But I learn to take the good from him and leave what I disagree with him on. I go to his classes and I learn a lot from him, and I think he is an excellent speaker.

You know what some Salafis and some Hizbis and Al-Muhajiroon [and off-shoots like "Islamic Thinkers"] say of Shaikh Hamza? They laugh at him and scoff at him like you all just scoffed at Dr. Zakir Naik. I EVEN HEARD THEM SAY THINGS LIKE "SHAIKH HAMZA DOESNT HAVE A BEARD AND IS JUST AN AMERICAN TRAITOR" much like many of you here are harping on the fact that "DR ZAKIR NAIK ALWAYS WEARS TIES."

Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say such things!? So WHAT if he wears ties?? Maybe he likes them? Gasp. It doesnt make him a traitor...much like Shaikh Hamza's soft stance towards the US doesnt make him a traitor...lets please stop hevying such LARGE accusations against people.

Muslims disagree. They have since the DEATH of our beloved Prophet (s). We need to stop lambasting people who disagree on something.

Let us unite.

Stop the "exposing" and the maligning and the mockery and the snubbing and the condescending attitude: "Oh he's not a real scholar." What the hell is a real scholar? Someone who agrees with your viewpoints? So many Salafis say that your Shaikh Hamza is not a real scholar; they say he is a light-weight and just a pop star. Are they right in saying this?

How exactly does one become a scholar? Is there some ritual that I'm unaware of? Do you like get baptized or knighted a scholar? Please do explain it to me. I forgot reading that part of the Quran.

Personally, if I was a scholar, I'd hate it if people called me "shaikh" or other such words....everyone is a Sidi....EVERYONE.

*throws hands up in air*

Anyways, back to the main point: STOP THE BASHING AND STOP THE EXPOSING. STOP. I personally like and listen to many scholars, many of whom which "hate" each other. Like I listen to many Salafi scholars but I also listen to Shaikh Nuh Keller and Shaikh Hamza. I just ignore when they bash each other. Who cares, man? Just take the good. Everyone has good to add. Even there is a narration about how some pious man learned something from a THIEF who was ROBBING from him. No scholar I know of is robbing another scholar; at most they are insulting them. Whatever. Take the good. Don't take sides, and don't aggravate situation. We got great scholars from all over the spectrum, including Deobandi, Salafi, etc....if you think the ONLY good scholars come from your denomination, then you smoking crack.

A message brought to you by a More Tolerant Salafi.
    Last edited by JayshAllah; 19-02-2006 at 07:30 PM.

Madhhab
    Maliki

Allah subhanahu wa tala has informed us that We(us humans) will have anything that we may wish in jannah. InshAllah that suffices for us to know that. If a women desires more than two men, then inshAllah Allah subhanahu wa tala will give her more than two men.
    ??????!!!!!!

Brother, the issue is not exactly like that. There are certain things that the people of Jannah will not desire, because whatever they do desire will be in conformity with what Allah has provided for them. Allah says "wa-ma tasha'una illa an yasha' allah" ("and you will not will except that which Allah wills").

All of the ulama who have written about this have said that no woman will have more than one man in Jannah, and there is no difference of opinion among them in this. If there were, it would have been well-known.

One of the reasons that a woman will not have more than one man is that the very thought of it is something that is rejected by the fitrah, and it has never been allowed according to any of Allah's Laws.

(Point of note: Even the kafir psychologists in the west are saying today that women are "inherently" monogamous by their nature!)

If someone objects, saying that how is it fair that a man can enjoy himself in Jannah with 72 hur 'een, while a woman only has one husband?

You don't know, perhaps the quality of the pleasure she will experience with her one man will be equal to the total amount of pleasure that the man experiences with his 72 wives! Wallahu a'lam...

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Abu 'Abdillah al-Maliki
    ??????!!!!!!

Brother, the issue is not exactly like that. There are certain things that the people of Jannah will not desire, because whatever they do desire will be in conformity with what Allah has provided for them. Allah says "wa-ma tasha'una illa an yasha' allah" ("and you will not will except that which Allah wills").

All of the ulama who have written about this have said that no woman will have more than one man in Jannah, and there is no difference of opinion among them in this. If there were, it would have been well-known.

One of the reasons that a woman will not have more than one man is that the very thought of it is something that is rejected by the fitrah, and it has never been allowed according to any of Allah's Laws.

(Point of note: Even the kafir psychologists in the west are saying today that women are "inherently" monogamous by their nature!)

If someone objects, saying that how is it fair that a man can enjoy himself in Jannah with 72 hur 'een, while a woman only has one husband?

You don't know, perhaps the quality of the pleasure she will experience with her one man will be equal to the total amount of pleasure that the man experiences with his 72 wives! Wallahu a'lam...

Excellent post.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by tazkiyyah
    Many dar ul uloom's don't teach logic or philosophy anymore.
    So they produce parrots with long beards

Each and every madaris I know of (in the subcontinent) teaches Mantiq in the Alim course.

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by JayshAllah View Post
    Excellent post.
    everyone has their own opinion, i agree, but i do agree what zakir naik is trying to say. and if the salafis, and posters here, read carefully what he said about hurs you would understand.
    'Actually the word Hur is a plural for ahwaar - which is applicable to the man and hawar - which is applicable to the woman and it signifies the characterestic of hawar which means big, white, beautiful eye and describes especially the whiteness of the eye. The similar thing is mentioned, azwajun muthahharin...many places in the Quran; in Surah Baqarah Chapter number 2 verse number 25 and Surah Nisa Chapter number 4 verse number 57 which says azwajun muthahharathun which means companion, friend. So the word Hur is rightly translated by Muhammad Asad as spouse and also by Abdullah Yousuf Alee as companion. So Hur actually means a companion or a spouse. It has no gender. Further a man will get a good lady with big beautiful eyes and for a woman she will get a good man with big beautiful eyes..'
    what dr naik is saying is that hur has plural as explained - i know that it is mentioned in the hadth diffrent, but does anyone know the arabuc of the word 'she' in the hadith? it could be plural - sjhe and he. also we must belive the Quran first and foeremots, then hadith, and the prophet - pbuh - must have spoken in general terms, so he mentioned the hur as she. a brother here mentioned that a wmaon isn't monagamous by nature, well, that's trues, but that doesn't mean Allah won't create us diffrently. that doesn't mean that a woman can't have a husband as well as hur because wine will be in paradise - but it won't be the wine of this world; thw wine of paradise will give you no intoxication. same way, having sex with hurs will be a diffrent expereince and that's not saying that woman won't get something. what zakir naik was doing was using arabic and its meaning and telling you its meanings. maybe, inshallah someone should quote the hadits, iam sure there will be an answer.
    i am not saying you have to agree with zakir naik -but i do. you all say ask an alim - and zakir naik said he was an alim but he puts alot of logic in what he's saying whereas alims ttend to confuse more. you ask a alim, he just ends up quoting lengths of hadits and confuses you more. what dr naik says is simple and to the point. without a doubt, what he had said has a pont. and when people go into jannah, the experience will be diffrent - for example, you have sex with lots of girls in this world, you can catch a disease, but not in jannah. everything is pure, who's to say that woman won't get something similar?
    anyway, i rest my case and Allah knows best. also i am not a sunni, or salafi or shia - iam a muslim first and foremaost, and its says in the quran not diseect yourself in sects, and that's what you and salafis are doing.
    Allahhafiz

Madhhab
    None

[, no harmful things happening and things will be pure, and also my best exapmle is wine in jannah - it won't be the wine of this world.i.e. intoxiacation. same way, woman can be monagaous and opposite but it won't harm them - jannah is a diffrent from this world where the fitrah is diffrent.
    and not all ulemas are always correct - yes, ever dr naik can be wrong - but he gave a good argument by saying that hurs had plural meanings. Allah knows best.
    and stop insulting dr naik - he might not be an alim, but i never met an alim who gave me a correct or logical answer. dr naik does, just saying the meaning of the arabic words.
    Allahhafiz

You don't know, perhaps the quality of the pleasure she will experience with her one man will be equal to the total amount of pleasure that the man experiences with his 72 wives! Wallahu a'lam...[/QUOTE]

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

I've seen some debates of Dr. Zakir Naik, the best of them was his outstanding debate with the Christian missionary Dr. William Campbell about the Qur'an, the Bible and science, he crushed his opponent!

However, I'm not a big fan of him.
    It's not only because he's salafi, but his knowledge about Islam isn't great (although I think he is a memorizer of the whole Qur'an) and his knowlegde of the bible, though extensive, is simplistic and shallow.

He is no doubt extremely talented and dedicated, so I wish if he could spend some years studying Islam under ulema, and reading the work of serious scholars on the bible and christianity in general.

IMO, the best Muslim debator today is Shabir Ally.
    I think he's probably salafi (not sure though), but he's very knowledgable of both Islam and Christianity. His knowledge is deep and he debated very famous christian scholars and apologists, most notably Dr. William Lane Craig, who is, IMO, the best christian apologist living today.