Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darul uloom in Egypt

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Darul uloom in Egypt

Do someone think that a Darul Uloom in Egypt would be great? What whould you think of a Darul Uloom who teach trough Ammenyah (Egyptian Arabic close to classic arabic)
    Why hasent someone set up a Darul Uloom in A arabic
    Counyry?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: Darul uloom in Egypt

We already have Azhar and a number of different ma'hads for religious studies in Egypt. If by Darul Ulum, you mean Deobandi-affiliated school, then there aren't any, although there are some Subcontinental scholars studying in Azhar or Darul Iftaa who teach privately. Ammiyyah is a perversion of fusha and I for one feel that it is unacceptable to teach through it.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I think as long as the already established system works for Egyptian students and scholars alike, then there's no need to import the subcontinental education system. Wallahu 'Alam. And there exist a handful of "Darul 'Ulooms" already in Arabic countries. I at least know of one in Dubai and one in Makkah Mukarramah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by godilali View Post
    We already have Azhar and a number of different ma'hads for religious studies in Egypt. If by Darul Ulum, you mean Deobandi-affiliated school, then there aren't any, although there are some Subcontinental scholars studying in Azhar or Darul Iftaa who teach privately. Ammiyyah is a perversion of fusha and I for one feel that it is unacceptable to teach through it.
    Aa brother,

I have read in other threads that you've spent some time in Egypt, can you name some mahads out there which can be studied at other than al azhar? For people who have 2-4 years as oposed to the min 5+ required at azhar.

Madhhab
    None

Al Azhar is no more respected by the Muslim masses, because Al Azhar sold out a long time ago to modernism. Most of the Arab Muslims now look to such institutes as Islamic University of Madinah, or Daar ul Hadeeth in Dammaaj, or Umm ul Qura university, etc., for guidance. Al Azhar has no more legitimacy in the eyes of the Arabs, just like Deoband has no more legitimacy in the eyes of the Subcontinent Muslims.

Senior Member janaveronikazahra's Avatar
    Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qaadir View Post
    Al Azhar is no more respected by the Muslim masses, because Al Azhar sold out a long time ago to modernism. Most of the Arab Muslims now look to such institutes as Islamic University of Madinah, or Daar ul Hadeeth in Dammaaj, or Umm ul Qura university, etc., for guidance. Al Azhar has no more legitimacy in the eyes of the Arabs, just like Deoband has no more legitimacy in the eyes of the Subcontinent Muslims.
    salam alikum,
    may I know what is reason behind this statement?

thank you

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Rubbish. Al-Azhar has a syllabi and curriculum that has been in place for over a thousand years and is respected by the vast majority of the world. Even though it is not at a level it was once in due to economic factors amongst others, it still stands head and shoulders above almost all other institutes amongst sunnis. In fact even some big salafi scholars have studied at Al-Azhar, which says it all.

With the exception of the 1% of Muslim population worldwide that are salafi, everybody knows about the deviancy of Madinah University quoted above and the wahabi 'daleel daleel' robots they produce.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Don't really know about Al Azhar, but what you say about Deoband is rubbish.
    Request for Isaal e Sawab for our dearest brother and sunniforum.com legend, Dr. Abu Tamim (may Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala have mercy on him) who left us on 2nd of Jan 2014.

www.theijtema.com - Because Inconvenience is SacrificeŽ

Madhhab
    None

al-Azhar certainly does have some problems, though... I mean, look at Ali Gomaa and Tantawi. If those are your heads, then what's being produced at the end? Compare that to, say, Mufti Nizamuddin Shamizai (he studied in Karachi, right?).

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by True Life View Post

I think as long as the already established system works for Egyptian students and scholars alike, then there's no need to import the subcontinental education system. Wallahu 'Alam. And there exist a handful of "Darul 'Ulooms" already in Arabic countries. I at least know of one in Dubai and one in Makkah Mukarramah.

Bismihee Ta'aala

Asalamualaikum

What is the Darul Uloom in Dubai called? Do they have a website? Do they teach in fusha arabic or urdu?

JazakAllahu Khairun