Thread: al-Hassan wal-Hussein (Ramadhan 2011)

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default al-Hassan wal-Hussein (Ramadhan 2011)

al-Salamu Aleykum,

Just like we're used to every Ramadhan a series of TV shows is broadcast all over the Arab and Islamic world, most of these TV shows are empty and useless, they are nothing more than a distraction to the people to keep them away from Worship and Obedience of Allah swt. However, not all of these TV shows are empty and useless just like not all books are useful and beneficial, one of these TV shows which was broadcast last Ramadhan "al-Qa'qa' ibn 'Amro al-Tamimi" has proven itself as a unique series rich with valuable information, it explains the history of the four rightly guided caliphs and goes in depth into the details of the Fitnah during the days of 'Uthman (ra) and 'Ali (ra) explaining it in an accurate manner according to the authentic reports found in the books of Hadith and History, of course it earned a wide range of criticism because it made Tajseed of some of the major companions such as Talha, al-Zubair, Khaled, Bilal and others.

This Ramadhan another important series was released costing about 8 million dollars in production "al-Hassan wal-Hussein wa Mu'awiyah" is a giant production that continues where the previous show left off and talks about the days of the Grandchildren of the Prophet SAWS. al-Hassan and al-Hussein (ra) has caused major controversy because it is the first show to make Tajseed of al-Hassan and al-Hussein which is why many scholars released fatwas to boycott the show, on the other hand some major historians and renowned scholars have worked on the show such as Hassan al-Hussein, Muhammad ibn Tahir al-Barazanji, Muhammad 'Ali al-Sallaby, Suleiman ibn Fahd al-'Awdah, Yusuf al-Qaradawi and others...

While the matter of Tajseed al-Sahaba is a fiqhi issue not tied with any Shari'ah text, the scholars who adopt the position that it's impermissible to do so base their opinion on the claim that the negatives far outweigh the positives thus most channels have refused to air the show in fear of the consequences, while on the other hand a minority group of scholars see that the positives far outweigh the negatives as such shows will explain some really important and major historical events amongst the laymen and helps create immunity against the Fitnah that we've been witnessing for the past couple of years.

NOTE: Regarding the Shia position, the official stance of their scholars is that the show must be stopped and they have decided to even sue them because the Show makes Tajseed of two personalities that they hold to be sacred, personally I don't buy that since their Hussayniyah are full of paintings and statues of their Imams and if that's not Tajseed I don't know what is, add to that the fact that Iran has produced two famous TV shows of Prophet 'Isa (as) and Prophet Yusuf (as) showing their bodies, faces and voices, it is pretty obvious the Shia scholars took this position because this show harms their 'Aqeedah and sect.
    إن كان حب آل البيت رفضا فليشهد الثقلان إني رافضي

من أقوال الإمام الشافعي

Please Take a look in the Thread Dedicated to our Beloved Prophet PBUH by clicking here.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: al-Hassan wal-Hussein (Ramadhan 2011)

Does the post reflect your personal view or is it a totally unbiased report? Tajseed as-Sahabah is one of the main reasons I (strongly) discouraged friends and family in the past to watch the movie Ar-Risalah (Muhammad, the Messenger of God), and I'll insha'Allah continue to do so.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

E Peace Quran School is an international Online Quran Teaching School.We teaches Quran,translation of Quran,Tajweed(Qira'ut),basic Islamic teachings, Salat(Prayers)and Arabic Language courses for the students of all ages.We offer 50% discount for those students who will join us during Ramadan.
    This discount will continue till completion of their courses (For those who will join us in Ramadan).
    Email: info@epeacequranschool.com Skype ID: akuranonline
    USA & CANADA: 0013475041918 Pak: 0092 333 971 1718.
    We are Teaching Online Quran Kareem From Peace Quran School
    Quran Recitation

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by True Life View Post

Does the post reflect your personal view or is it a totally unbiased report? Tajseed as-Sahabah is one of the main reasons I (strongly) discouraged friends and family in the past to watch the movie Ar-Risalah (Muhammad, the Messenger of God), and I'll insha'Allah continue to do so.

السلام عليكم

I wrote it, as far as this series is concerned it is historically accurate and I've read the books of the scholars/historians who worked on it they certainly are the best in the field. The problem now lies with Tajseed and as I said the majority of scholars view its impermissibility based on the negatives far-outweighing the positives, another minority group of renowned scholars view it as permissible because the positives far outweigh the negatives, as a person who has researched this and still do I adopt the second position.

One is free to choose to watch it or Not based on which Fiqhi position makes sense to you, I am currently in the third episode and I have to say the Sahaba who are portrayed are done in a beautiful respectful way which shows the beauty of their days, their Akhlaq, their Unity and how they treated each-other and held on to the Sunnah even in the worse days of the Fitnah.

These shows usually have certain policies regarding Tajseed, for example some personalities are shown such as 'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar, 'Abdul-Rahman ibn Abu Bakr, 'Abdullah ibn al-Zubair and the others, Other companions are not shown but their voices are heard such as 'Uthman and 'Ali, and some are neither shown nor are their voices heard such as Fatima.

At the end of the day Tajseed is Tajseed whether it is Bilal in al-Risala or al-Hussein in this series, it's up to the viewers really.
    Last edited by TripolySunni; 11-08-2011 at 08:04 PM.

من أقوال الإمام الشافعي

Please Take a look in the Thread Dedicated to our Beloved Prophet PBUH by clicking here.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by TripolySunni View Post
    السلام عليكم

I wrote it, as far as this series is concerned it is historically accurate and I've read the books of the scholars/historians who worked on it they certainly are the best in the field. The problem now lies with Tajseed and as I said the majority of scholars view its impermissibility based on the negatives far-outweighing the positives, another minority group of renowned scholars view it as permissible because the positives far outweigh the negatives, as a person who has researched this and still do I adopt the second position.

One is free to choose to watch it or Not based on which Fiqhi position makes sense to you, I am currently in the third episode and I have to say the Sahaba who are portrayed are done in a beautiful respectful way which shows the beauty of their days, their Akhlaq, their Unity and how they treated each-other and held on to the Sunnah even in the worse days of the Fitnah.

These shows usually have certain policies regarding Tajseed, for example some personalities are shown such as 'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar, 'Abdul-Rahman ibn Abu Bakr, 'Abdullah ibn al-Zubair and the others, Other companions are not shown but their voices are heard such as 'Uthman and 'Ali, and some are neither shown nor are their voices heard such as Fatima.

At the end of the day Tajseed is Tajseed whether it is Bilal in al-Risala or al-Hussein in this series, it's up to the viewers really.

I was just wondering, do the actors in the film have proper beard or that kind of "modern facial hair" which Ikhwanis call "beard"?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by umar_italy View Post

I was just wondering, do the actors in the film have proper beard or that kind of "modern facial hair" which Ikhwanis call "beard"?
    Not sure what you mean, they do have beards some longer than others:

http://buzfairy.com/wp-content/uploa...n-Mosalsal.jpg

http://bawabatthiqar.com/filemanager...=image&id=1984

من أقوال الإمام الشافعي