Thread: Black seed oil (black cumin)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Black seed oil (black cumin)

Salaams,

I thought it would be useful to share the benefits of this incredible medicine. This is a must oil to keep in each and every house. My mother who is a herbalist has used this to treat us (my siblings & I) since as long as I can remember. The moment one of us would complain about having a sore throat, she'd approach us with a spoon of black seed oil. Perhaps a few expressions of disgust from the sour taste. And then we'd recover from the sore throat in the shortest time other times she would use it to treat ear infections.

Here is a list of few other curing benefits the oil has:

-helpful in Asthma & respiratory diseases
    -anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties (helpful in treating toothaches etc.)
    -reduces high blood pressure
    -expels kidney & bladder stones
    -muscle cramps & back ache
    -meningitis
    -loss of hair

& a lot more, including cancer treatment.

Note that after taking a spoon of the oil to treat a sore throat, do not drink cold water! It is best to do this just before sleeping. To treat ear aches, warm some oil, rub it around and inside the ear and place a cotton into the ear hole. I'm sure a lot of you do this with olive oil. To treat toothaches you can simply rub some oil on the gum. I came across a recipe to treat toothaches - boil some seeds with vinegar and apply the solution on gums & teeth to treat inflammation and pain.

I asked my mother about glucoside which is toxic if in high amounts and found in black seeds (not in high amounts) - she said it is important to use virgin black seed oil (cold pressed).

May you all benefit from this inshaAllah.

Narrated Khalid bin Sad: We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.' Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death." (Book #71, Hadith #591)

Hazrat Abu Hurairah States – “I have heard from Rasool Allah (Pbuh) that there is cure for every disease in black seeds except death and black seeds are shooneez.”
    Last edited by OceanSoul; 01-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    السلام عليكم إخواني وأخواتي

Narrated by Abu Dharr: "Never deem anything good to be small, even meeting another with a smile." ~Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ‎). [Muslim]