Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 4 schools, please help me learn the differences!

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default The 4 schools, please help me learn the differences!

Assalamu Alaikum
    I believe I have a solid enough grasp on the basic principles and practices of Islam, that I want to start learning about the different schools of thought more in-depth. A lot of the advice I've seen given to people trying to discern which one to follow is "consider the majority of the population around you". For better or worse, I have people from all four schools surrounding me. Most of closest friends are Hanabali, but I do have friends that belong to the other three. I would like to understand more of the differences in both practice and rulings before I decide which one to follow most closely. If you all could help, that would be amazing. I'm looking for references to Hadith, Qur'an, scholars, educational websites, and personal opinions.
    JazakAllah Khair!
    Teach me.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: The 4 schools, please help me learn the differences!

Have a look here.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Great ...

Whoever submits his whole self to Allah, and is a doer of good, has grasped indeed
    The most trustworthy handhold:
    and with Allah rests the End and Decision of (all) affairs.
    [Al Quran 31:22]

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Amna4 View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum
    I believe I have a solid enough grasp on the basic principles and practices of Islam, that I want to start learning about the different schools of thought more in-depth. A lot of the advice I've seen given to people trying to discern which one to follow is "consider the majority of the population around you". For better or worse, I have people from all four schools surrounding me. Most of closest friends are Hanabali, but I do have friends that belong to the other three. I would like to understand more of the differences in both practice and rulings before I decide which one to follow most closely. If you all could help, that would be amazing. I'm looking for references to Hadith, Qur'an, scholars, educational websites, and personal opinions.
    JazakAllah Khair!
    This is wrong scenario, you can't judge four even if you sent your whole life!

Hazrat Allamah Anwar Shah Khasmiri r.a. (He was one of the Great Muhdith among Ullama-e-Deoband-Hanafi) was crying in the end of his life that he has wasted his time with hanafi/Sh'afi polemics.

Therefore your main aim should be to follow the Quran wa Hadiths through reputable scholars. In initials phase you should be very skeptic, should ask for reference of Quran wa Hadith. Ask wheather the Hadith is Sahi or Zaif or Mowzo

Should consult the books along with scholars. initially don't rley ONLY on scholar

Keep away from Barelvi, follower of Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi, (He was the Great Bidati of last century)
    Keep away from Kawstharis, follower of Allama Zahid ul Kawsthari, (He was also Great Bidati of last century)

Always practice what you have learned, b/c it will open the next door of Ilm,

because Allah ta'al say:
    “And those who strive hard for Us, We will certainly guide them in Our ways, and verily Allah is with the good-doers.”
    -al-Ankabut 69

And if you like the peace of mind then stick to Ullama of al haramain al shrifain (ie Makkah tul Mukrama and Masjid An Nabawi Asl- Sharif). You can blindly follow them. they are Salafi/Hambli

And if you like to follow Hanafi, the Ullama of Deoband is best choice but be skeptic, beacuse their some illiterate peoples, and some "Ullama e Suoo" have lots of bid'at so in initial phase be very skeptic, should ask for reference of Quran wa Hadith. Ask wheather the Hadith is Sahi or Zaif or Mowzo.

These thing are not absolute solution, but it is relativistic precationary measures. because Ultimately Allah ta'al says:

see my signature

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by junfrared View Post

Hazrat Allamah Anwar Shah Khasmiri r.a. (He was one of the Great Muhdith among Ullama-e-Deoband-Hanafi) was crying in the end of his life that he has wasted his time with hanafi/Sh'afi polemics.

Therefore your main aim should be to follow the Quran wa Hadiths through reputable scholars. In initials phase you should be very skeptic, should ask for reference of Quran wa Hadith. Ask wheather the Hadith is Sahi or Zaif or Mowzo

Should consult the books along with scholars. initially don't rley ONLY on scholar

Keep away from Barelvi, follower of Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi, (He was the Great Bidati of last century)
    Keep away from Kawstharis, follower of Allama Zahid ul Kawsthari, (He was also Great Bidati of last century)

Always practice what you have learned, b/c it will open the next door of Ilm,

because Allah ta'al say:
    “And those who strive hard for Us, We will certainly guide them in Our ways, and verily Allah is with the good-doers.”
    -al-Ankabut 69

And if you like the peace of mind then stick to Ullama of al haramain al shrifain (ie Makkah tul Mukrama and Masjid An Nabawi Asl- Sharif). You can blindly follow them. they are Salafi/Hambli

And if you like to follow Hanafi, the Ullama of Deoband is best choice but be skeptic, beacuse their some illiterate peoples, and some "Ullama e Suoo" have lots of bid'at so in initial phase be very skeptic, should ask for reference of Quran wa Hadith. Ask wheather the Hadith is Sahi or Zaif or Mowzo.

These thing are not absolute solution, but it is relativistic precationary measures. because Ultimately Allah ta'al says:

see my signature
    Brother Can you Help me;

In which book it is writen... "Hazrat Allamah Anwar Shah Khasmiri r.a. (He was one of the Great Muhdith among Ullama-e-Deoband-Hanafi) was crying in the end of his life that he has wasted his time with hanafi/Sh'afi polemics.

I'm searching for following question from long time, but strange people who says follow only Quran and hadees can't answer it...Might your Salafi/Ahle hadees could answer it....

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...lideen-Salafi)

Waiting for your reply

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

because Allah ta'al say:
    -al-Ankabut 69

You have severed your own head. Read as HIT-WICKET/OWN GOAL

وَٱلَّذِينَ جَـٰهَدُواْ فِينَا لَنَہۡدِيَنَّہُمۡ سُبُلَنَا*ۚ وَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَمَعَ ٱلۡمُحۡسِنِينَ (٦٩)

As for those who strive in Our way, We will certainly take them onto Our paths, and indeed Allah is with those who are good in deeds. (69) [Al Ankabut - Mufti Taqi Usmani]

Now lets see what Maarfiul Quran by Mufti Shafi has to say about this
    Knowledge improves if it is acted upon [Vol 6 page 714 of the English version]

Sayyidna Abu Ad-Darda' while interpreting this verse has said that the people who strive for acting in accordance with their knowledge are promised by Allah in this verse that He will disclose to them some other areas of knowledge that they did not have before. Fudayl Ibn 'Iyad has given yet another interpretation to this verse, that is, 'those who strive for knowledge, We make it easy for them to act'. (Mazhari).
    Now the Four Mujtahid Imams strove for knowledge, and Allah has made it easy for the whole Ummah to act on Deen
    Last edited by SUPERiMAN; 04-02-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

ijtihād, ( Arabic: “effort”) in Islāmic law, the independent or original interpretation of problems not precisely covered by the Qurʾān, Ḥadīth (traditions concerning the Prophet’s life and utterances), and ijmāʿ (scholarly consensus).

Encyclopedia Britannica

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Now please start crying. Your END has come to a DEAD END.
    Last edited by SUPERiMAN; 01-02-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERiMAN View Post

وَٱلَّذِينَ جَـٰهَدُواْ فِينَا لَنَہۡدِيَنَّہُمۡ سُبُلَنَا*ۚ وَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَمَعَ ٱلۡمُحۡسِنِينَ (٦٩)

As for those who strive in Our way, We will certainly take them onto Our paths, and indeed Allah is with those who are good in deeds. (69) [Al Ankabut - Mufti Taqi Usmani]
    The paths [read as Madhabs] can be multiple. All reach to the same destination i.e. Allah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair-Usman View Post
    Brother Can you help me;

In which book it is writen... "Hazrat Allamah Anwar Shah Khasmiri r.a. (He was one of the Great Muhdith among Ullama-e-Deoband-Hanafi) was crying in the end of his life that he has wasted his time with hanafi/Sh'afi polemics.

I'm searching for following question from long time, but strange people who says follow only Quran and hadees can't answer it...Might your Salafi/Ahle hadees could answer it....

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...lideen-Salafi)

Waiting for your reply
    Currently I don’t remember where Shah Sahab wrote this, but insha Allah I’ll you tell the reference. And be relax it is nothing to do with AH/Hanafi dispute. See it the light of this
    http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...l=1#post708818
    My I'm also a Hanafi [but not a blind follower, b/c Qari Tayyib r.a. (he was the Principle of Darul Ulloom Deoband) said "we are Muhqiq Muqlid", not blind Muqlid]
    I perform the Salah same as a Hanafi performs, I don't do Raf'yden, and Aameen Bil Jahar etc...
    I'm not a conventional sub-continental Ahle-Hadith.
    And there is a difference b/w Salafi and Ahle-Hadtih.
    I do Taqleed of local Ullamas as long as I "consider they are telling me from Quran wa Hadith, If I have any suspicion I cross-check them or ask to some external resources. Normally I don't know what Imam Abu Hanifah r.a. says about something, I'm just following the local Mufti and normally I don't know his resources, from where he is taking that opinion, whether is telling me the Imam Abu Hanifah's r.a. opinion, or Sahibayen's r.a. opinion or othes A'emas' opinion or directly telling me form the Quran or the Hadith. (This is the reality what we faces in normal daily life there is no practical concept of Taqleed of Imam Abu Hanaifah for a laymen, we are just following (doing Taqleed of) our local Muftis, weather we are Ahle Hadith, or Salafi or Hanafi). And the Professional Mufti knows where he can reject Ibne Tamiyah or Imam Ahmed bin Hambal or Imam Abu Hanifah r.a. or where he can accept or where he can prioritize one's opinion over another's. There is no Taqleedic connection b/w Imam Abu Hanaifah r.a. and a layman. Therefore the whole dispute of Taqleed-e-Shakhsi has no practical worth.

Imam Shah Wali Ullah r.a. said: "The opinion of Mufti is worthy (Sanad hai) for a layman if he is telling from Shara' (Quran wa Hadith). But if a layman thinks (due to some evidence) he is not acquiring from Shara' (Quran wa Hadith), or telling the opinion of his desires, then his (Muftis/Scholars) opinion is NOT worthy (Sanad hai) (for him)"
    You have severed your own head. Read as HIT-WICKET/OWN GOAL

You have wasted your time, I'm not telling him to open the BUkhari Shareef, read the Hadith of Ameen Bil Jahar and do it in your Salah, this is your strive.

I's trying to say do all good deeds and leave all bads, as soon as your come to know about them THROUGH REPUTABLE SCHOLAR, not from Self-Reading, b/c Allah is with those who are good in deeds

The paths [read as Madhabs] can be multiple. All reach to the same destination i.e. Allah
    Do repent from this illiterate "Tafseer Bir Rae", otherwise seek your placein the HELL (I roughly quoted you the Hadith-e-Nabawi pbuh)
    Now let’s see what Maarfiul Quran by Mufti Shafi has to say about this

Now the Four Mujtahid Imams strove for knowledge, and Allah has made it easy for the whole Ummah to act on Deen
    Currently I don’t have Marif Ul Quran, but checked approx. ten Tafaaseer (including Hazart Thanvi, Shabir Ahmed Uthamani, Taqi Uthmani, ……….), and I can’t believe this is the opinion of Mufti Shafee’ Sahab, this is completely non-sense. It has nothing to do with Four Pious Imams; this is for every Mummati from Prophet pbuh to last Muslim before the end.