The piety of Sultan Tippu (continued)

Friends! Now we have two groups in the field. Understand this well. I wish to express my views more accurately. One group headed by Mr Sdiq supported the British whilst the group engaging in hostilities against the British was headed by Sultn Tippu. And who was the person who issued a Fatw in support of Jihd against the British? Shh Abdul-Azz (Rahmatullhi alaih)! If he did not issue this Fatw, the movement of the freedom of India would probably never have went off the ground. The movement of the silken shawls would probably never have started. The various movements in the sub-continent would not have been initiated. The war of Balakot would not have been fought. Due to the Fatw of Shh Abdul-Azz, the Muslims of India learnt to stand united and fight against the British.

Friends! In 1792, when Sultn Tippu was martyred, the British felt that a major impediment to their objectives was removed. A thorn had been yanked away from their backs. Thereafter Nawb Sirjud-Dawlah comes to the battle field. He lead the Muslims in the battle of Pilsi. This battle persisted for 32 hours non-stop. In this battle also, the British bought off Sirjud-Dawlahs chief general Mr Jafar and also one of the other generals. Sirjud-Dawlah, like his predecessor Tippu, was also martyred.

In the history of India, we find two groups; one made up of traitors and the other of loyalists. One group was hostile towards the British whilst the other was pro-British. Even up to this day, there are people in this country who are pro- British through and through. The group who was hostile towards the British at that time was made up of the Ulam of Deoband.

Friends! Understand all this well. I am not in a habit of lengthy preambles. All I am trying to explain is what eventually transpired in India. How did sectarianism come about in India? Who initiated the movement of Ghulm Ahmad Qdiyni? I ask you, how did so many forms of turmoil engulf this sub-continent? What was the role of the estate owners in this country? How did the allocation of up to 22000 acres of land ever come about? Who called At-Ullh Shh Bukhri a traitor? Who issued a Fatw of Kufr on Mauln Husain Ahmad Madani? And today, who is initiating the Fitnah of Takfr (the issue of regarding a major portion of the Muslim population as disbelievers.)? Who is referring to the Imms of the Haram as Kfirs? This is a true story which needs to be understood from its very inception up to this present day. If you understand the background to this story, you will understand the philosophy surrounding the hostilities gripping this subcontinent. Listen to the pages of history unfurling before you. Today I am exposing you to the pages of history and you will learn where sectarianism got its roots. You will also learn where the evil people evolved from. I do not wish to mention any names explicitly.

The tyranny of Rjah Ranjt Singh

Friends! At this stage we have two groups; one of the traitors and the other of the loyalists. What happened after the martyrdom of Nawb Sirjud-Dawlah? After his demise, Rjah Ranjt Singh became the governor of Punjab. He became the governor in 1840. At that time, the Sarhad (frontier region) was also part of Punjab. During the course of his rule, Rjah Ranjt Singh initiated a spell of tyranny and aggression against the Muslims. He transformed the court-yard of the Shhi Mosque into a stable. His aggression did not even spare the honour of women.

Eventually, news of this tyranny reaches Ry Bareli. In Ry Bareli there lived a pious servant of Allh , by the name of Sayyid Ahmad Shahd.

The four sons of Shh Waliyullh

I wish to inform you that Shh Waliyullh had four sons. The eldest was Shh Abdul-Azz. The second son was Shh Abdul-Qdir, the third was Shh Raf_ud-Dn and the fourth sons name was Shh Abdul-Ghani (Rahmatullhi alaih). All four of them were Mufassirs of the Qurn and Muhaddithn. All four of them were also Qutubs (great saints) of their times.

A brief history of the first son has already been mentioned to you previously. He was the person who issued the first Fatw of Jihd in India. Shh Abdul-Qdir and Shh Raf ud-Dn were the first to translate the Qurn into Urdu. The youngest son was Shh Abdul Ghani. His greatest miracle was that he was blessed with a son whom we today refer to as Shh Isml Shahd.

Friends! Shh Isml Shahd was a grandson of Shh Waliyullh, nephew of Shh Abdul-Azz and the son of Shh Abdul-Ghni (Rahmatullhi alaihim).

When Rjah Ranjt Singh was appointed governor, Sayyid Ahmad Shahd left Ry Bareli for Delhi. He acquired Ilm under the guidance of Shh Abdul-Azz. Whilst Sayyid Ahmad Shahd was acquiring Ilm, Shh Abdul-Azzs nephew, Shh Isml Shahd, became a Murd (disciple) of Sayyid Ahmad Shahd.

The two Barelis

Friends! In India we have two big cities (with similar names). One is Ry Bareli and the other is Ult Bns Bareli. Sayyid Ahmad Shahd was born in Ry Bareli and the history of the other Bareli you are well-acquainted with. I do not wish to repeat it at this stage.