Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips to wake up for Fajr

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: Tips to wake up for Fajr

Quote Originally Posted by WillThomas View Post
    This is great info. Right now I probably miss fair 50% of the time. After being in the military you'd think getting up early would be second nature, but it's not - even after all this time.

If you run across any other practical ways to help with making Fajr, I'd love to read em.
    Bro just before you sleep make sure you think about Fajr while lying on the bed.
    Just like if we have a plane to catch early morning, we jump up at the first bell of the alarm, because we know we just can't miss the plane.

Fajr is much much more important. Before you sleep, recite suratul Ikhlas 3 times (Qulhu wallahu Ahad..) then suratul Falaq and Naas. Also Ayatul khursi, if you don't know it you can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ARFtBLza4 . Listen to it often and you will byheart it InshaAllah.

Go for it bro, I too had this difficulty, but now alhamdulillah I m punctual. Now make the sincere intention that you WILL wake up every day for Fajr, not for you, not for me, but for ALLAH the Almighty. Come on bro you can do it.

A New forum for seeking Ilm.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

This is not exactly a tip but it is related to waking for fajr.

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīm
    b-ismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the accursed one
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Madhhab
    Maliki

so you mean working in a takeaway or driving a taxi until the early hours of the morning and then playing computer games with your cousin or watching dvds for the rest of the night isn't the best way to ensure that you don't miss fajr?
    Last edited by Abdul1234; 31-03-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Madhhab
    Maliki

Quote Originally Posted by WillThomas View Post
    This is great info. Right now I probably miss fair 50% of the time. After being in the military you'd think getting up early would be second nature, but it's not - even after all this time.

If you run across any other practical ways to help with making Fajr, I'd love to read em.
    I knew a brother once who used three alarm clocks!

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul1234 View Post
    I knew a brother once who used three alarm clocks!
    LOL. I've gotten better since this post. My new phone lets me set multiple alarms with multiple ringtones and that has helped a lot. Next month I'm going to try tahajjud (I hope I spelled it right) which will probably mess up my schedule all over again.

Madhhab
    Maliki

you know brother it suddenly came into my head yesterday that out of all the things that help us wake up for Fajr prayer going to bed early is one of the very most important of them and for tahhajud even more so.

anyway its healthy

as Isaac Newton said -

early to bed - early to rise -

makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise!

(of course that is with the Mercy of Allah as well )

Madhhab
    Hanafi

If we understand the consequence of not waking up for fajr, it will help us get more alert. We wont sleep if the house is on fire. So it all depends how much we are aware of missing prayers. If we miss one fajr prayer, we should regret that whole day and inshaaAllah with continuous efforts and prayers, it will become easy to the extent that it will be impossible to miss fajr inshaaAllah. Allah's SWT mercy doesnt turn towards the one who doesnt pray fajr in time.
    Reciting the last two ayats of surah kahf before sleeping helps one to wake up in the intented time bi-idnillah. Allahu alam.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

sleep early, & wake your children up regardless of their ages. even 2 year olds, they dont need to make salah with you they can even play of be eating at the time but get them in the habit of waking up at that time.