Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meaning of Abyad (White) To the Arabs

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: The Meaning of Abyad (White) To the Arabs

I think since this guy continues to repeat his already refuted arguments and completely ignores everything anyone else has to say, he should be banned.

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by maneatinglizard View Post

I think since this guy continues to repeat his already refuted arguments and completely ignores everything anyone else has to say, he should be banned.
    What's the matter? You hate the truth? Refute what I just sent you if what I say has been refuted. Nothing has been refuted. There has only been constant denial. It's called denial.

de·ni·al (d-nl)
    n.
    An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.
    Last edited by Tee; 29-02-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Yes, denial.

That's what you've been doing the entire time for years now.

Madhhab
    None

The five people who resembled the Prophet (SAWS) the most are:

1. Al-Hasan the son of Ali the son of Abi Taalib the son of Abdel Muttalib (the Prophet's (SAWS) grandson).

2. Ja'afar the son of Abi Taalib the son of Abdel Muttalib (the Prophet's (SAWS) cousin).

3. Abu Sufyan the son of Al-Harith the son of Abdel Muttalib (the Prophet's (SAWS) cousin).

4.Qutham the son of Al-Abbas the son of Abdel Muttalib (the Prophet's (SAWS) cousin).

5. Saaib the son of 'Ubaid the son of Abd Yazid the son of Haashim the son of Al-Muttalib the son of 'Abd Manaaf. This Al-Muttalib the son of 'Abd Manaaf is the brother of Haashim the son of 'Abd Manaaf, the great grandfather of the Prophet (SAWS).

Four of these five men who were described as resembling the Prophet (SAWS) have fathers or brothers who were described as asmar complexioned and one has a descendant who was described as asmar complexioned.

Al-Hasan the son of Ali the son of Abi Taalib (RAA), of course, was the son of Ali (RAA) and Ali was described as shadid al-udma.

Ja'afar the son of Abi Taalib was of course the brother of Ali the son of Abi Taalib and like I said, Ali the son of Abi Taalib was described as shadid al-udma.

Abu Sufyaan the son of Al-Harith the son of Abdel Muttalib was the brother of 'Ubaida the son of Al-Harith the son of Abdel Muttalib and 'Ubaida was described as asmar complexioned. You can read about him here: http://www.savethetruearabs.proboard...lay&thread=241 .

Qutham the son of Al-Abbas was the brother of Abdellah the son of Al-Abbas and Abdellah the son of Al-Abbas was described as dark-skinned. You can read about Abdellah the son of Al-Abbas here: http://www.savethetruearabs.proboard...lay&thread=244 .

Saaib the son of 'Ubaid is the ancestor of Imam Al-Shaafa'ie and Imam Al-Shaafa'ie was described as asmar complexioned. Imam Al-Shaafa'ie is Mohamed the son of Idris the son of Al-Abbas the son of 'Uthman the son of Shaaf'ie the son of Saaib the son of 'Ubaid the son of Abd Yazid the son of Haashim the son of Al-Muttalib the son of 'Abd Manaaf. You can read more about Imam Al-Shaafa'ie here: http://www.savethetruearabs.proboard...play&thread=92 .

I wonder if this tells the Deniers of the Truth anything. I wonder if this says anything to those who find it hard to accept the fact that the Prophet (SAWS) was described as asmar.

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post

what does the Islamic history say regarding the title of the thread? ...the answer to this might convince OP..
    The Historian of Islam (as he is called), Al-Hafidh Al-Dhahabi, says in his book Siyar A’laaam Al-Nubalaa :

“When the Arabs say that a person is abyad (white-skinned), they mean that he/she has a hinti (wheat) complexion with a black hilya (black appearance).”

"إن العرب إذا قالت: فلان أبيض ، فإنهم يريدون الحنطي اللون بحلية سوداء"

Madhhab
    None

how many islamic historians are there?

try to gather regarding information... from all those historians and go with the majority..that would help u to solve ur query..
    I don't have a query to solve. Everything is crystal clear to me. You asked me what Islamic history says about the topic and I told you what he who is called the Historian of Islam says. I also said what other scholars said that support what the Historian of Islam said. Whoever disagrees here has to show where someone more knowledgeable said that the scholars that I mentioned are wrong.
    Last edited by Tee; 06-03-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Madhhab
    None

ok..i got it..u mean readers disagree with ur claim..

why don't u add some more historians to support ur claim..
    Why don't you mention some historians or any scholars who say that what the historians and other scholars that I mentioned here say is not true. If you read through all of the pages here, you will see that everyone has failed to show me one scholar who says that what I am saying about the meaning of abyad is wrong. Can you show me a scholar who says this?

Madhhab
    Maliki

I am an arab. I search for what the scholars think about Prophet's color skin and most of them said said " Azhar" or reddish white.I think its clear enough.

لون النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم

عن أنس رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أزهر اللون ليس بأبيض أمهق ولا أدم .

رواه البخاري ومسلم ، والأزهر : هو الأبيض المستنير المشرق ، وهو أحسن الألوان .

عن أبي الطفيل رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض مليحاً مقصداً .

رواه مسلم .

عن أبي جحيفة رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض قد شاب .

رواه البخاري ومسلم .

عن علي بن أبي طالب رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض مشرباً بياضه حمرة .

رواه أحمد والترمذي والبزار وابن سعد وأبو يعلى والحاكم وصححه ووافقه الذهبي .

عن عبد الله بن مسعود رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض تعلوه حمرة .

رواه أبو نعيم الأصبهاني كما في البداية والنهاية للحافظ ابن كثير .

عن أبي أمامة رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم رجلاً أبيض تعلوه حمرة .

رواه ابن سعد في الطبقات .

عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض مشرباً بحمرة .

رواه ابن عساكر كما في كنز العمال .

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم شديد البياض .

رواه البزار .

عن جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنه :

عن أبي هند بن أبي هالة رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أنور متجرد .

رواه الطبراني في المعجم الكبير والترمذي في الشمائل وابن سعد في الطبقات والبيهقي في الدلائل .

عن أنس بن مالك رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض ، وبياضه إلى السمرة .

رواه أحمد وأبو يعلى والبيهقي .

عن عائشة رضي الله عنها ، قالت :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أحسن الناس وجهاً ، وأنورهم لوناً .

رواه أبو نعيم في الدلائل والبيهقي وابن عساكر .

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض كأنما صيغ من فضة .

رواه الترمذي في الشمائل .

so in short, all of them said that he was light skin "Azher"= white with a reddish skin.
    I will give you an example. My great-grand father was reddish while most of his friends is "sumer"(= asmar/brown ). In summer my great-grand father instead of becoming asmar (=brown\tanned) he become more red which was quite funny. Was he white? In arabs stander, yes he was. In modern day stander, I don't think so, and this the reason why in some hadith they say he was between white and al-sumre (brownish) or they said his white wasn't "Amhaq*" as more non-arabs enter islam and they will understand the meaning of white differently.

(Amhaq*general stander for white like we know today. In the past between arabs it conseder as unattractive so they said he is whitness was perfect without reaching amhaq level. )

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Humaidan View Post
    I am an arab. I search for what the scholars think about Prophet's color skin and most of them said said " Azhar" or reddish white.I think its clear enough.

لون النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم

?
    عن أنس رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أزهر اللون ليس بأبيض أمهق ولا أدم .

رواه البخاري ومسلم ، والأزهر : هو الأبيض المستنير المشرق ، وهو أحسن الألوان .

عن أبي الطفيل رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض مليحاً مقصداً .

رواه مسلم .

عن أبي جحيفة رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض قد شاب .

رواه البخاري ومسلم .

عن علي بن أبي طالب رضي الله عنه :

كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض مشرباً بياضه حمرة .

رواه أحمد والترمذي والبزار وابن سعد وأبو يعلى والحاكم وصححه ووافقه الذهبي .

عن عبد الله بن مسعود رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض تعلوه حمرة .

رواه أبو نعيم الأصبهاني كما في البداية والنهاية للحافظ ابن كثير .

عن أبي أمامة رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم رجلاً أبيض تعلوه حمرة .

عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه :

رواه ابن عساكر كما في كنز العمال .

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم شديد البياض .

رواه البزار .

عن جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنه :

عن أبي هند بن أبي هالة رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أنور متجرد .

رواه الطبراني في المعجم الكبير والترمذي في الشمائل وابن سعد في الطبقات والبيهقي في الدلائل .

عن أنس بن مالك رضي الله عنه :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض ، وبياضه إلى السمرة .

رواه أحمد وأبو يعلى والبيهقي .

عن عائشة رضي الله عنها ، قالت :

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أحسن الناس وجهاً ، وأنورهم لوناً .

رواه أبو نعيم في الدلائل والبيهقي وابن عساكر .

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أبيض كأنما صيغ من فضة .

رواه الترمذي في الشمائل .

so in short, all of them said that he was light skin "Azher"= white with a reddish skin.
    I will give you an example. My great-grand father was reddish while most of his friends is "sumer"(= asmar/brown ). In summer my great-grand father instead of becoming asmar (=brown\tanned) he become more red which was quite funny. Was he white? In arabs stander, yes he was. In modern day stander, I don't think so, and this the reason why in some hadith they say he was between white and al-sumre (brownish) or they said his white wasn't "Amhaq*" as more non-arabs enter islam and they will understand the meaning of white differently

(Amhaq*general stander for white like we know today. In the past between arabs it conseder as unattractive so they said he is whitness was perfect without reaching amhaq level. )
    I am an Arab too and I know that you have the wrong understanding of what abyad means and of what red means. And if you think that the men in the pictures you posted have the appearance of the pure Arabs of the past, post pictures of Persians and people with the color of the Persians.
    Last edited by Tee; 06-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Madhhab
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Humaidan View Post

Imam Abu Hanifa said that what you said here is wrong. Explaining the description of the Prophet (SAWS) in his book Al-Shamaail Al-Sharifa, Al-Imam Al-Suyouti says:

أزهر اللون أي مشرقه نيره زاد ابن الجوزي وغيره في الرواية كأن عرقه اللؤلؤ قال في الروض الزهرة لغة إشراق في اللون أي لون كان من بياض أو غيره وقول بعضهم إن الأزهر الأبيض خاصة والزهر اسم للأبيض من النوار فقط خطأه أبو حنيفة فيه وقال إنما الزهرة إشراق في الألوان كلها

"Azhar complexioned (أزهر اللون) means radiant and bright complexioned. Ibn Al-Jawzi and others added in their narrations 'His sweat was as if it was pearls'. (Al-Suhaili) said in (his book) Al-Rawd:

'Al-Zuhra (الزهرة) means radiance in complexion - whatever complexion it is...abyad (white) or any other color - and Al-Imam Abu Hanifa said that what some people say abo
    ut azhar (أزهر) meaning abyad (white) specifically and al-zahr (الزهر) being the name of only white flowers IS WRONG and he said that al-zuhra (الزهرة) is radiance in all colors.'"