Thread: Hajj Exhibition - London - British Museum

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Hajj Exhibition - London - British Museum

Salaam

Anyone been to this? what did they think to it?

Whats available and whats going on?

how long is it?

Thinking of a trip down to see family and thought i might go and see?

any thoughts?

Wassalam
    Wassalam

Idrees
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    THE SUNNAH - RENEW YOUR EFFORTS

Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasalllam] said
    'He who clings to my Sunnah when my Ummah is corrupt, will receive the Reward of a hundred martyrs.'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    May Allah Ta'ala make us among those who seek to imitate the sacred life and example of Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasalllam], Aameen

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Hajj Exhibition - London - British Museum

We went last week, I think the exhibition is until April? Its £12 entrance for adults if its very busy they may stagger the entrances with time slots. I would recommend it, I went with my kids so not enough time or *silence* to get into it properly lol but its really amazing mashaAllah they have some beautiful exhibits and have doen it really nicely. No photography is allowed (it ends right in the museum shop where they sell the pics how handy!?!) I loved the entrance itself when you walk in, its almost like a tunnel and along the side wall (it curves) there are images of hajjis and you can hear labbayk allahuma labbayk as you enter really beautifully done. They have covering fo the Kaaba/ its door from different years. They have relics like compasses/ qibla compass, they have information and artifacts from famous Muslim explorers (Zheng He!) so not just dispolaying the 'Arab/ Asian' side of Islam which was nice to see. There is a short movie clip you can sit and watch, lots of models of the majids and areas...a lot to look at and so many non Muslims attending it, which was really nice and they seemed amazed and in awe at the beauty of it all subhanAllah!.
    ‘Good and evil can never be equal. Repel (evil) with that which is better, and see how, then, someone between whom and you was enmity shall become a true friend. Yet none is given such goodness except those who are patient; none is given this but the most fortunate.’

(al-Fussilat 41: 34-5)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

O Maashallah sounds good, i best get this booked for march sometime inshallah, would be good for my lil cousins and stuff.

jazakallah
    Wassalam

Idrees

'He who clings to my Sunnah when my Ummah is corrupt, will receive the Reward of a hundred martyrs.'
    May Allah Ta'ala make us among those who seek to imitate the sacred life and example of Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasalllam], Aameen

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Yes, together we make haj.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

on the website they show a clip of the journey to mecca, story of ibn batuta , do they show that while you are therE? and how long is the whole exhibition? 90mins?

Jazakallah
    Wassalam

Idrees

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Idrees View Post
    on the website they show a clip of the journey to mecca, story of ibn batuta , do they show that while you are therE? and how long is the whole exhibition? 90mins?

Jazakallah
    I don't think so, there is a short clip shown unfortunately I didn't get to see it all. Theexhibition is as long as you want! Some people walked through it quicker than others, I would say leave at least a good 45 mins to see it all, maybe longer if you like!
    ‘Good and evil can never be equal. Repel (evil) with that which is better, and see how, then, someone between whom and you was enmity shall become a true friend. Yet none is given such goodness except those who are patient; none is given this but the most fortunate.’

(al-Fussilat 41: 34-5)

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Hajj is the fifth pillar of islam. the person who gifted wealth from God must do this..