Thread: using WET WIPES for istinjaa

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default using WET WIPES for istinjaa

Salaams.. when doing istinjaa.. does the water that you clean your private parts with have too be pure water?
    For example.. If I see something like a litte piece of dirt in my lota.. or a fly etc.. should I pour the water out and re-fill with fresh water?

I usually dont mind.. little pieces of dirt and also belive firmly that its a waste of water and that little pieces of dirt are no harm.

Also is it permissible to use WET WIPES/ or some may know them as baby wipes for isitnjaa as my school dosent have Wudhu facilities.. therefore It would be easy for me too do Istinjaa in school or even other places.

.. jazak'Allah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: using WET WIPES for istinjaa

Bump!!

Banned
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Sorry for the late reply. Sorry that you had to bump the thread and no one answered.

1. The water has to be pure meaning that it should not contain any impurity like urine. Sand and dirt does not make it impure.

2. If the wet wipes clean the place completely without spreading the urine then it would be okay otherwise not. Why dont you use dry tissue first n then wet wipe for fragrance

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Jazak'Allah my brother

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

there are shuroot when using wipes for istinja, one of them is that the object of istinja should be dry. this is just one of the shuroot that makes it not possible to use wetwipes. but if you forced to then it would become wajib to use water.
    plain tissue is best, you would have to do three wipe minumum though.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by SASLAMS View Post
    there are shuroot when using wipes for istinja, one of them is that the object of istinja should be dry. this is just one of the shuroot that makes it not possible to use wetwipes. but if you forced to then it would become wajib to use water.
    May I have the reference for this please as it doesn't make sense. JazakAllah.
    اللهم اني اسالك حبك و حب من يحبك والعمل الذي يبلغني حبك اللهم اجعل حبك احب الي من نفسي واهلي ومن الماء البارد

يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي علي دينك

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I dont really understand what your talking about bro.. are u basically saying.. if your going to use wet wipes.. make sure all impurities are removed? if so dont worry lol I dont plan on doing half the job. Also if you could write a little clearer for me so that I can understand. Jazak'Allah

Quote Originally Posted by SASLAMS View Post

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

if the shuroot for not using water are not met then if you still wipe you will have to use water but you will be rewarded for wiping because it is sunnah to do jam' of the two.

Im only telling you what I have memorised from a shafi' kitaab, i will have to check my hanafi kitaab to see if its the same but I think it is.

the rule is: the object of istinja must be dry. a minimum of three wipes & if still not clean then its wajib to increase but it would be sunnah to wipe an odd number of times.
    so if its wet then to use water (pouring) becomes wajib.