Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you know if you should be an alim?>

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: How do you know if you should be an alim?>

thats great. try to improve your urdu as well it will be of great use inshallah.
    the shariah program basically is a two year program. the two years will get you to about the third year in a conventional darul uloom. whats great about this is that they only concentrate on arabic related material especially in the first year.
    so the first six months is sarf and nahe then the second six months is is hidaytun nahw. then in the second year they concentrate on balagha tafseer and mantiq and so on. This march the corse shall be starting again so please go to the website and read every thing on the website also go to the forum and make an account and you can get answers from a wider variety of people who are much further than me in the course.
    let me know when you check the website out and if you have any questions.
    you should do some background reading as well for general info such as
    taleemul haq
    beshti zawar
    if your from pakistan then i think that you should do these 2-3 years in uni as well as this shariah course on the side then go to karachi where you will find some very good madrassas. This shariah program is very good by the way. in just three weeks you will be reading an arabic text and in the seven months you will be reading hidayatun nahw which is a full on arabic nahw book (taught in the second year in conventional darul ulooms!!!)
    mala buda minhu
    and many more

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: How do you know if you should be an alim?>

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Ahmed View Post
    In the past couple of months i've been in a dilemma as to whether to become an alim or not.
    Theres a few masjids which do a part time alim course which is ideal for people who are at university or working such as myself, i'm currently in 2nd yr Uni. But what does it take to become an alim? Could anyone do it? The reason i ask is because from a young age ive always had a natural inclination towards the deen ie. praying consistently, reciting qur'an (haven't hifzed) and just doing zikr, though in the past year or so after going with TJ for a while my iman has got stronger but i'm still uncertain if that qualfies as a basis to become an alim, as that is a honourable position and not just a title, and you are responsible in helping to educate people, and then theres the issue of pride aswell as an alim posseses in depth knowledge compared to the practicing layman. So how do you know if your fit to become one or not? I pray mostly in congregation around 4/5 prayers, keep away from bad company, alhumdullalah i have kept the sunnah of the beloved messenger Prophet Muhammad (saws), the beard. But still i feel i'm like incapable and not worthy of studying the deen as when i look at the scholars of the past, especially from the deoband era these were amazing and exceptional people, our era is nothing to them, let alone comparing ourselves to the earlier times of the sahabas.
    Can anyone advise me?
    brother please go to this link and read this report.
    http://members.shariahprogram.ca/fe/...eration-report