Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Death penality for homosexuals ?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Don't know
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    206

    Default Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Is it right to kill homosexual people? Why Islam prescribes the killing of gays/lesbians? Many people believe that this is natural and one have little choice. So it doesn't make sense to kill people for their natural inclination....

    Also , even if its not natural , the penalty of death seems very harsh. Homosexuals doesn't kill anyone or even bother others.....then why kill them for their personal-behavioral immorality?

    Discuss ....


  2. #2
    Senior Member At Tayyib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Why do you wanna know?
    Posts
    1,616

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzer View Post
    Is it right to kill homosexual people? Why Islam prescribes the killing of gays/lesbians? Many people believe that this is natural and one have little choice. So it doesn't make sense to kill people for their natural inclination....
    You are mixing two topics. Can we discuss whether this inclination is natural or not?
    Request for duas and forgiveness from one and all.

    Some Interesting Threads

    The Heart and it's Functions
    Ikhtilaf of the Akabir on the Indo-Pak Partition
    Rethinking Education


    www.shariat.info


  3. #3
    Moderator sudoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    بين خوف و رجاء
    Posts
    5,432

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzer View Post
    Is it right to kill homosexual people? Why Islam prescribes the killing of gays/lesbians? Many people believe that this is natural and one have little choice. So it doesn't make sense to kill people for their natural inclination....

    Also , even if its not natural , the penalty of death seems very harsh. Homosexuals doesn't kill anyone or even bother others.....then why kill them for their personal-behavioral immorality?

    Discuss ....
    Is it right to discuss those things which are prescribed in Islam?

    It's natural that one has little choice in having carnal needs. So, isn't it natural for a male and female to fulfill those desires as soon as they physically can? Why go through the whole process of marriage? It's not like they are hurting anyone else.

    Homosexuals are cursed by Allah, the people of Lut Alayhis Salaam were given not one but three different punishments for involving themselves in homosexuality. Do you not think that if it was so natural and one had little choice that Allah would thrice punish them?
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib


  4. #4
    Senior Member Devoted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Shafi'i
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    If I am not mistaken, being a homosexual doesn't get you sentenced to death however to act upon it would. I think the same goes to anyone who commits "Zina" even if they are straight.

    One can argue that homosexuality is not a choice but here's the thing there are many other things in life that aren't a choice. Depending on what youbelieve, your actions will reflect upon that. If somehow you realise that you are gay, and you are muslim. Does that mean you should kill yourself? Of course not, neither should you go to a muslim authority and say such things. Rather, if you are truly a believe muslim then you would resist this "urge". A more appropriate word is "nafs" which for the most part is our "lower desires" and it is not just limited to homosexuals and neither is it limited to things of sexual nature.
    I am actually a ninja


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Don't know
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sudoku View Post
    Is it right to discuss those things which are prescribed in Islam?

    It's natural that one has little choice in having carnal needs. So, isn't it natural for a male and female to fulfill those desires as soon as they physically can? Why go through the whole process of marriage? It's not like they are hurting anyone else.

    Homosexuals are cursed by Allah, the people of Lut Alayhis Salaam were given not one but three different punishments for involving themselves in homosexuality. Do you not think that if it was so natural and one had little choice that Allah would thrice punish them?
    Wrong analogy. Girls and boys can fulfill their needs after marriage. They have a "choice" to wait and get what they want after some wait. But what about homosexuals? They don't even have any choice. If one guy likes guys and not girls then what it should do? Its not in his hand. So again , why there's a death penalty? Also , suppose , even if its not natural , so what? Why there should be a death sentence if anyone breaks a mere code-of-conduct (Which too is a personal code-of-conduct) ...The punishment seems VERY strict...

    Also , there are researches going on now which says that homosexuality is natural ..It existed in ALL human cultures and even animals practice it.Suppose that a guy is by birth a homosexual..what should he do now? Just get slaughtered? Remember , it is next to impossible to "contain" your sexual feelings for eternity. Sexual tension should be realized no matter what! ... Its a general law of nature...humans can't do anything against it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devoted View Post
    If somehow you realise that you are gay, and you are muslim. Does that mean you should kill yourself? Of course not, neither should you go to a muslim authority and say such things. Rather, if you are truly a believe muslim then you would resist this "urge". A more appropriate word is "nafs" which for the most part is our "lower desires" and it is not just limited to homosexuals and neither is it limited to things of sexual nature.
    Sir , this is next to impossible. The general rule of nature is that humans M U S T have sex. Its natural and no one can "resist" it for ever. Now , please don't quote me exceptions because I know that some people might have lived without engaging in any sexual act but thats not possible of humans. Exception is exception but general rule of nature is something else! ... A teenager can "resist" its sexual urge and can have sex at later age (5 years after..get married etc) ..but what about homosexual? They don't have any choice..they like guys..what should they do? Why would they be KILLED just because they like guys and not girls?!?!?!


  6. #6
    Senior Member Acacia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,225

    Thumbs up Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devoted View Post
    If I am not mistaken, being a homosexual doesn't get you sentenced to death however to act upon it would. I think the same goes to anyone who commits "Zina" even if they are straight.

    One can argue that homosexuality is not a choice but here's the thing there are many other things in life that aren't a choice. Depending on what youbelieve, your actions will reflect upon that. If somehow you realise that you are gay, and you are muslim. Does that mean you should kill yourself? Of course not, neither should you go to a muslim authority and say such things. Rather, if you are truly a believe muslim then you would resist this "urge". A more appropriate word is "nafs" which for the most part is our "lower desires" and it is not just limited to homosexuals and neither is it limited to things of sexual nature.
    bump.
    أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم



    A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīm
    b-ismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

    I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the accursed one
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Shafi'i
    Posts
    1,108

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Muslim countries have the right to prevent spread of homosexuality and preserve our religious way of life. Prevention is better than cure.

    If a homosexual is so keen, then he should migrate to countries where he can live his lifestyle and leave the Muslims to practice their own way of communal life.

    Other than that, it comes to arguing over whether Muslims ethics are true or whether secular godless ethics are true. Its obvious that a divine revealed ethical rule would by any day supercede a mere man made ethic. From a pure rational perspective, homosexuality is a social and spiritual harm. It is also harmful from perspective of health. The claim that it is supposedly natural is as invalid as saying zoophilia is natural, inaddition to being scientifically baseless. Moroever, our minds are known to adapt. So its impossible for a scientist to even properly investigate because he can't differentiate between the mind that has adapted to homosexuality or any other sin at large, from that which has not. He will find it "natural" in both case and cannot distinguish how choice and influencial behaviours was responsible in the making.


  8. #8
    Senior Member janaveronikazahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Don't know
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    salam alikum,
    from what I uderstood homosexuals should avoid to show their sexual behavoir in public as well as spread of support of ho....al behavoir and ideas based on it is forbiden. What they do in privacy among them...?
    If someone is ho...al does not mean he si not mulsim and our brother/sister, so if he/she is respectfull - should be treated in good way.
    If such person would like to impose his ho....al ideas on other - that is another story.

    w salam


  9. #9
    Senior Member At Tayyib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Brother
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    Why do you wanna know?
    Posts
    1,616

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzer View Post
    Is it right to kill homosexual people? Why Islam prescribes the killing of gays/lesbians? Many people believe that this is natural and one have little choice. So it doesn't make sense to kill people for their natural inclination....

    Also , even if its not natural , the penalty of death seems very harsh. Homosexuals doesn't kill anyone or even bother others.....then why kill them for their personal-behavioral immorality?

    Discuss ....
    Can we discuss on whether this inclination is natural or not.

    an example: you find one of your friends only eats human and animal excreta. You feel disgusted just at the mention of someone eating filth. What would your feelings be when you see someone eating such filth in front of you? But your friend sneers at you and says this is my natural inclination.

    What would your reply be?

    Please reply specific to this example

    Request for duas and forgiveness from one and all.

    Some Interesting Threads

    The Heart and it's Functions
    Ikhtilaf of the Akabir on the Indo-Pak Partition
    Rethinking Education


    www.shariat.info


  10. #10
    Moderator sudoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Sister
    Madhhab
    Hanafi
    Location
    بين خوف و رجاء
    Posts
    5,432

    Default Re: Death penality for homosexuals ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzer View Post
    Why there should be a death sentence if anyone breaks a mere code-of-conduct (Which too is a personal code-of-conduct) ...The punishment seems VERY strict...
    Shall we now stop the death sentence for adulterers as well? Or the punishment for fornicators? Hey, why have any hadd at all.
    Also , there are researches going on now which says that homosexuality is natural ..It existed in ALL human cultures and even animals practice it.Suppose that a guy is by birth a homosexual..what should he do now? Just get slaughtered? Remember , it is next to impossible to "contain" your sexual feelings for eternity. Sexual tension should be realized no matter what! ... Its a general law of nature...humans can't do anything against it.
    No one 'just gets slaughtered' for being a homosexual. If a person is discreet enough, that person would not even get caught and the rest of the world would be oblivious to his/her homosexuality.

    However, in Islam it is not allowed. Just like it is not allowed to eat pork or gamble. If someone has these carnal desires, fulfill them in the right way (ie get married to the opposite gender), otherwise abstain.
    Lost in an ocean of doubt and confusion am I
    Seeking Your burning beacon light
    ~ Heart Song, Talib al Habib


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •