Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abrogation in the Quran.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Re: Abrogation in the Quran.

Thank you. Really good article actually. Takes a while to completely understand it but does it directly address why there are no abrogations for this day and age?

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by At Tayyib View Post
    May Allah make it easy for you to learn and practise Islam

If you look into your wardrobe from the time you were born till you reached adulthood; your wardrobe size has constantly increased till you reached adulthood.

In simple terms, the clothes which you wore when you were an infant, will not fit you now. Why? You have outgrown them.

Something interesting to try. Reach up to your Mom and show her your infant clothes. Mom! What stupidity is this? Why did you make such clothes for me which i can't wear now. Why did you buy them in the first place?

Your Mom will be like; My poor girl, she is such a baby. Her clothes have outgrown her brain.
    This is an awesome metaphor by the way.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Sameea View Post
    Thank you. Really good article actually. Takes a while to completely understand it but does it directly address why there are no abrogations for this day and age?
    How would that be when there's no revelation to come after Rasulullah ?

You may be confusing laws Islam that may be inapplicable due a person/people's condition. But that's another topic...
    Hearts are predisposed to love someone who does them good and to detest someone who does them harm.

- Shah Waliyyullah ad-Dihlawi's Arba'in

Madhhab
    Don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Sulaiman84 View Post
    How would that be when there's no revelation to come after Rasulullah ?

You may be confusing laws Islam that may be inapplicable due a person/people's condition. But that's another topic...
    Erm... Well what is it is that an atheist confronted me with this statement- "in my mind, I'm thinking if the prophet who could speak to god was actively getting new commandments for new situations, that means this religion is bound to have had some changes due to the industrial revolution, modern culture, the westernisation of eastern cultures."

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Erm... Well what is it is that an atheist confronted me with this statement- "in my mind, I'm thinking if the prophet who could speak to god was actively getting new commandments for new situations, that means this religion is bound to have had some changes due to the industrial revolution, modern culture, the westernisation of eastern cultures."
    The answer to that should be pretty obvious. Some things Islam has allowed to change while with other things ( like aspects of belief and certain ritual acts of worship etc.) the Islamic laws are set and cannot be changed. If Islam didn't allow certain changes then no practicing Muslim would be driving cars and using other modern forms of technology.

To get somewhat of an idea, check out the book, 1001 inventions Muslim heritage in our world.
    Hearts are predisposed to love someone who does them good and to detest someone who does them harm.

- Shah Waliyyullah ad-Dihlawi's Arba'in

Madhhab
    Maliki

Hello brothers and Sisters.

I was born into the religion of Islam and now I've grown to age where I want to follow Islam, not because my parents want me to, but because I want to. The only way my belief and strength in Islam can grow is if all my questions can be answered.

Here is one question I can't get passed. I'm a big big fan of Dr Zakir Naik as I have understood so much about Islam through him, but I found that even he couldn't answer this question directly. I've seen youtube videos of him facing such a question yet he doesn't answer it.

A woman asked 'Abrogation occurs in certain verses of the Quran, does this mean that God had made a mistake?'

Zakir Naik answered that no, He did not make a mistake but simply replaced the verses with either a better or a similar verse.

What I can't understand, is that in order to make something better, surely you must correct it. You must have made an error in judgement? And therefore, God has made a mistake?

Also, Zakir Naik said that, verses have been replaced and made better according to the time that they were in. We have gone through a lot over the last 100 years or more. Through the revolution etc. So surely, the laws of Islam need to be adapted now? If not, why not? And why was it made better before and not made better now?

I would be so so grateful if you could answer this.

Thank you.
    Salaams

Dear sister

Allah knows the future and the past, He lives outside time and is all-capable - it is impossible for Him to make a mistake

Allah abrogated the earlier scriptures with the later ones

and He abrogated all of them with the coming of the Holy Qu'ran

according to Shah Waliullah (ra) Allah (SWT) revealed scriptures according to humanity's needs in particular times and places

and this fact explains why Allah replaced earlier scriptures with later ones

- these abrogations were because of the needs of humanity changing

Allah knows the future just as He knows the present,

When He revealed certain initial verses in the Holy Qur'an that would be replaced He was fully aware that He would later abrogated them,

He revealed them for that particular time knowing that they were temporary and that He would later abrogate them with the verse for all time

Such development was something that only occurred during the Prophecy because by the end of the Prophecy -

Allah revealed through Prophet Muhammad (saws) that the religion of Islam had been perfected, and it had indeed been perfected

and it would remain the means of salvation for humanity right up to the Day of Judgement

the Qur'anic text and the Prophetic example that we are left with are the fruits of the final Revelation

Allah who knows the future just as he knows past and present

He was fully aware of all changes that would occur between the time the Holy Prophet (saws) passed away and the end of the

world (He was just as aware of the 21st century when He Revealed the Holy Qur'an as He was of the time of the Prophet (saws))

and He informed us that our religion had been perfected

Any alterations to the Qur'an or deviations from the Sunnah (way of the Prophet (saws).

may appeal to some modern people, but they take us away from our Creator not towards Him.
    Last edited by Abdul1234; 12-03-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Thank you so much to everyone who has replied, and Alhamdulillah, I now understand the reasons for the abrogations in the Quran

Thank you.