Thread: Disable embedded videos

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Disable embedded videos

Sunniforum has a policy of no images of living objects. Most videos that are embedded are of lectures. These embedded videos are essentially images of living objects when they are embedded in threads. I suggest that videos embedding should be disabled. If someone wants to direct people to watch a video, they can just post a link.

ياايها الذين امنوا اذكروا الله ذكرا كثيرا

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Disable embedded videos

for the reminder. Speaking for myself - agreed - I've made the mistake of embedding videos into my posts where the frame is frozen on an image that may have caused concern to some, and I apologize for that. Insha'Allah, I will take care not to embed videos with living objects from now on (it is 1 step easier not to embed videos anyway).

That said, in some cases the image of an embedded video (ones without images of animate objects) help highlight and draw special attention to the message itself. Currently, we have the option to embed the video so the decision is really up to the poster. Rather than disabling embedding altogether, I wonder if it could form part of a 'privileges package' earned over time and given to members at the same time they are granted entry into reserved areas?

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīm
    b-ismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the accursed one
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful