Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were their more then one Adam???

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Were their more then one Adam???

Bismillah

I remember reading something like this on a sufi site...also some non Muslims hold to this view.

Do anyone have any knowledge on this or is this a satanic ploy?

Only those who may have some real knowledge on this respond.I do not want to hear from someone telling me that i should not be asking this. JazakAllah kyran

Also why do it say Adam[as] was created in Allah's image...do anyone have tafsir on this.
    Last edited by muslimsister101; 18-03-2012 at 02:37 AM.
    And those [angels] who distribute [provisions, rain, and other blessings] by Allah's Command.

Madhhab
    Maliki

Default Re: Were their more then one Adam???

Quote Originally Posted by muslimsister101 View Post
    Bismillah

I remember reading something like this on a sufi site...also some non Muslims hold to this view.

Do anyone have any knowledge on this or is this a satanic ploy?

Only those who may have some real knowledge on this respond.I do not want to hear from someone telling me that i should not be asking this. JazakAllah kyran

Also why do it say Adam[as] was created in Allah's image...do anyone have tafsir on this.
    Salaams

Dear sister

I am actually a silly person, but I am fit to answer some silly questions....

and yes as you intuit - you should not be asking this

for anyone to claim that there were multiple Adams (as) is satanic ploy

Ask any real scholar of Islam and they will tell you that without a doubt there was only one Prophet Adam (as) and Hawa/Eve (raa) from whom humanity descended.

This is amongst the common knowledge of Islam and amongst the clear things from the Qur'an and Hadeeth.

Maybe you read the following misguided answer to a question with similar words to your question (using were instead of was) that was posted on answers.com http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Were_there...e_in_the_Bible

"Were there more than one Adam and Eve in the Bible?

In: Bible Statistics and History, Old Testament, Adam & Eve [Edit categories]

Answer
    Probably, yes. First of all, Adam just means 'man' in Hebrew, and Eve means 'living'. So, one possibility is that the original author scarcely thought of a specific man and woman at all.

Some scholars believe that the several stories of Adam and Eve were in some cases about different Adams and Eves and in other cases about men and women in general (remembering the actual meanings of Adam and Eve)."

however this is a lie, a very misguided answer made by disbelievers who have no knowledge of anything real, only that of their corrupted teachers and the hell bound revisionist authors they read, whose interests are purely worldly, who claim to be scholars of Biblical history but who are secularist atheists in the guise of something else.

If the wording is not a just coincidence, be careful, answers.com is not a good place to take religious information from.

in regards the other question..

did Allah create man in His image? not in the way you are questioning - Allah (SWT) very clearly tells us that he is unlike any created being.

I believe the Ashari scholars would say to you that when it is said 'Allah created Adam in his image', it actually means that He (Allah) created Adam in 'his' image (i.e. Adam's image), explaining that Adam (as) was created as a grown man not as an undeveloped child

even the most anthropomorphic Salafis would not take the phrase of "Allah making man in his image" in the literal way that you may possibly be imagining.

As I am sure you know sister, Allah is unlike any created being, there is nothing like Him, no imagination can conceive of Him and no understanding can comprehend Him.

For any Muslim who is thinking of adopting the view that Allah has an image like a man's they should listen to Imam Tahawis (ra) warning...

"anyone who describes Allah as being in any way the same as a human being is an unbeliever..

All those who understand this will take heed and refrain from saying things such as the unbelievers say,

and they will know that He, in His Attributes, is not like human beings"

Al-Aqeedah At-Tahaawiyyah 34.
    Last edited by Abdul1234; 18-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Madhhab
    Maliki

PS. be careful because many people claiming to be Sufis are pretenders and you cannot trust them

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Haq Char Yaar

Barelwiyyat

Ahlel Bayt

Free Books

Chand say Tashbih daina, yeh bhi koi Insaf hai
    Us kay Munh pay Chayan, Madani ka Chahra Saf hai

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I think the OP is referring to the belief that races of humans/humanoids existed before Adam on this very earth, referred to as Pre-Adamites. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Adamite

I remember reading a novel from the Romantic era in Europe, "The History of the Caliph Vathek", in which a number of "Pre-adamite kings" are referred to, all named Soliman. Some weird stuff.

Madhhab
    Maliki

lol thats cheating she meant in our earth!

Madhhab
    Maliki

Quote Originally Posted by NNoor View Post
    I think the OP is referring to the belief that races of humans/humanoids existed before Adam on this very earth, referred to as Pre-Adamites. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Adamite

I remember reading a novel from the Romantic era in Europe, "The History of the Caliph Vathek", in which a number of "Pre-adamite kings" are referred to, all named Soliman. Some weird stuff.
    Yes but sister were there pre-Adamites according to Islam?

Maybe the Jinn when they lived in the open on Earth before the time of men are the closest to this thing in reality?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by NNoor View Post

This made me think of a separate question not entirely unrelated .

What is Islams view and standing on other human species then Homo sapiens such as Homo erectus , Homo heidelbergensis , Homo neanderthalensis etc

Overwhelming evidence there were such human like creatures who resembled us but not us .
    Is this what the Quran meant when it said , ' you were like animals and I have made you best of creations'Not sure which Ayat or even if the translation is okay just came to mind .

Madhhab
    Maliki

Quote Originally Posted by zahed73 View Post

What is Islams view and standing on other human species then Homo sapiens such as Homo erectus , Homo heidelbergensis , Homo neanderthalensis etc

Overwhelming evidence there were such human like creatures who resembled us but not us .
    Is this what the Quran meant when it said , ' you were like animals and I have made you best of creations'Not sure which Ayat or even if the translation is okay just came to mind .
    If you take Harun Yahya's and his followers in depth analysis of the evidence you will say that all homo species from Homo Erectus onwards are just racial variations amongst the children of Adam.

Whilst the bipedal chimp like creatures are just that, walking chimps, not our ancestors, despite the claims of the evolutionists.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by zahed73 View Post

I don't think there is any ayah like that.

I agree with Abdul1234 on this one. All of these human species are simply hypothesized by paleontologists, usually based on isolated bone fragments. In most cases, it seems to me that the skull/bones are either simply human or other primate, not some in-between. Scientists point to things like prominent brow ridges, elongated jaws, etc...but there are people alive today who look just like that, and different from the general human population. Look at Australian aborigines, Melanesians, Siberians, etc. They are just different ethnicities of human.

Anyway, for a discussion like this, you really need to go into details. What makes you human? What is a species? etc.