Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to get over our obsessions of things/people?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: How to get over our obsessions of things/people?

How to get over our obsessions of things/people?

Well just imagine the Day of Judgement. WHO will help us on the day of judgement? WHAT worldy thing will help us on the day of judgement?

The people we love won't even act as if they know us. Our own mothers will not even care for us on that day. In our whole life (including hereafter) the Day of Judgement is the DAY we in need of help the most. Because that day will decide our future for eternity. One that day WHO has the power to help except Allah the Almighty and ones he grants intercession. WHO else? As for things, WHAT worldy thing will help us on the day of judgement? Well the Quran will and oh it is definitely worthy of being obsessed with. Our Sadaqa will and it is indeed worthy of being obsessed with.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Re: how to get over

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopes View Post

Sister hayya

Problems in our lives are caused by:

A) Our sins: The problem could be a punishment so make losts of istighfaar.

B)Our high Iman: The problem could be a test sent by Allah SWT. And, the wonderful thing is, He SWT already gave you the answer key beforehand - your Iman. All tests are specially tailored to our Iman so there’s no reason for us not to pass our tests. Hasn’t it ever happened to you sister hayya where your exercising and you tell yourself “I’m pooped, I really can’t go on” but then surprise yourself when you do? ...

Barak Allah ta’aala.

This only happened to me once or twice. Please pray I find a good shaykhah/shaykh.
    وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجاًوَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لاَ يَحْتَسِبُ
    "And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out and will provide for him from where he does not expect."

"He that has no courage has no religion."-Caliph Ali RA

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Sister HighHopes, your recent posts caught my attention and I want you to know that you are in my prayers. I am a little worried about you sister, but I don't know if I should be? I hope you can take it a little easier on yourself as you sort things through. I don't doubt that you have a good heart and good intentions. My worry stems from tension or anxiety I'm picking up from your words, specifically in your most recent posts (yes, I know, assumptions are not good but it is coming through and I am picking up on it and perhaps we are am meant to pick up on it in order to provide some support for you... please, I apologize sincerely if I am wrong).

None of us are perfect and none of us are here to please the rest. We have respect and love for one another for the sake of Allah (SWT). And, we provide community support (limited as it may be) also for the sake of Allah (SWT).

I'm sending you a big hug and lots of love through this medium, please accept it and breathe easy.
    أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīm
    b-ismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the accursed one
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Madhhab
    Don't know

^^

Thank you for your reply and prayers my sister, you are very kind . Please don’t worry about me but still remember me in your prayers, I will remember you in mine ta’aala. I want to say more but I know I shouldn’t.

Once more, thank you from my heart.

Edit- @sister hayya: Thanks a lot and insha Allah you're right .
    Last edited by HighHopes; 08-04-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Don't want to bumb the thread.
    وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجاًوَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لاَ يَحْتَسِبُ
    "And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out and will provide for him from where he does not expect."

"He that has no courage has no religion."-Caliph Ali RA

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: how to get over

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopes View Post

This only happened to me once or twice. Please pray I find a good shaykhah/shaykh.
    I've been away from the forum for sometime but I hope all is well with your sister highhopes. You are an inspiration. When I ever see your posts, you remind of me of the energiser bunny

I hope all is well at your end .. I will keep you in my duas Insha'allah. I know you have been trying to find someone for sometime. I would say the delay in Allah swt is accpeting your dua will only have khair insha'allah