Thread: Dua for trying to conceive

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Dua for trying to conceive

Asaaalamu Alaaykum,

For a couple that has been trying to conceive for a number of years but have been unsuccessful, people will provide recommended supplications.
    What I mean by this is, someone will say - Pray Taghut, Read Surah Maryam, Surah Imran, read speak verses from a specific Sura, etc. and blow on water and the man/wife should drink.
    I have also have heard that the couple should read a specific verse or surah to an apple and they should eat it.
    Personally, I agree with the Taghut and reading Quran and asking Allah for a child but is it necessary to incorporate the water, fruit or other "objects".
    This is a genuine question and I a searching to see if there are any benefits for the other things?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Default Re: Dua for trying to conceive

Quote Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
    Asaaalamu Alaaykum,

For a couple that has been trying to conceive for a number of years but have been unsuccessful, people will provide recommended supplications.
    What I mean by this is, someone will say - Pray Taghut, Read Surah Maryam, Surah Imran, read speak verses from a specific Sura, etc. and blow on water and the man/wife should drink.
    I have also have heard that the couple should read a specific verse or surah to an apple and they should eat it.
    Personally, I agree with the Taghut and reading Quran and asking Allah for a child but is it necessary to incorporate the water, fruit or other "objects".
    This is a genuine question and I a searching to see if there are any benefits for the other things?

Tell both husband and wife to wake up early, offer 2 rakats of Tahajjud and each should read:

"Rabbighfirlee watub aleiyya inna anthath thawwabur Raheem" 1000 times and then have intimate relations. May Allah Ta'ala bless them with pious progeny. Allah Ta'ala knows what to give whom, when.