Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sites are included in a typical ZIYARAH of MAKKAH & MADINAH?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default What sites are included in a typical ZIYARAH of MAKKAH & MADINAH?

I might be going on an Umrah trip soon. I also want to take my family to visit the historically/spiritually significant sites in Makkah and Madinah.

When people talk about "Ziyarah" trips what sites are normally covered in both these cities and surrounds?

e.g. I've heard when you are in Madinah, people will often hire a driver/guide and be taken to places like Uhud battlefield, Masjid Al-Quba, Masjid Al-Qiblatayn, Jannatul Baqi, etc.

What about in Makkah??

I'd love a guide in English (or Urdu as a last resort) to take us round. Any contact details?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: What sites are included in a typical ZIYARAH of MAKKAH & MADINAH?

120 views so far and no replies?!

Hello? Where is everyone? lol

All I want is a short list of all the usual places people are taken for ziyarat in Makkah and Madinah.

Don't worry about the contact details of a guide for now if you don't have one lol

Madhhab
    None

Assalamu-alaikum,

If you are planning a hajj/umrah trip, congratulations! May Allah accept your effort and your trip sincerely to Him SWT alone. Hajj is supposed to be a journey
    full of promises, sacrifices, obedience, love and devotion
    from the slave to His masteróAllah SWT. As for the places to visit there are only few really. 3 very important place in Madinah (ie Mnt Uhud, Masjid Quba and Masjid-e-Qiblatain). There are other places you can visit if you have time. If you want to find more details about hajj/umrah please see this website for articles and videos. Highly recommended to prepare your heart for this blessing noora1.com. RasulAllah SAW informed us of the signs of Hajj Mabroor
    being softness of talk and generosity...

May Allah SWT grant us all Hajj Mabroor InshaAllah. May He allow us to live the real message of Islam and the real message of Hajj! May Allah allow us to reach the highest destination, the one He SWT decorated with His own hands for His chosen slavesóJannat-al-Firdaws. Ameen.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Alhumdulilah I have just come back from Umraa and met a brother who can take you upto 32 Ziyarah in Madinah al Munawarrah.
    If you go with the arab driver they take you to 4 Ziyarahs this brother takes you to most historical sites and if you are intrested will give you number and you can contact them when you are there they will take you Insha'Allah.
    Verily, Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O Believers! send blessings upon him and salute him with a worthy salutation". (Qur'aan - 33:56)

http://www.sabeel-travels.co.uk/

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Suliman View Post
    Alhumdulilah I have just come back from Umraa and met a brother who can take you upto 32 Ziyarah in Madinah al Munawarrah.
    If you go with the arab driver they take you to 4 Ziyarahs this brother takes you to most historical sites and if you are intrested will give you number and you can contact them when you are there they will take you Insha'Allah.
    Yes, please give the contact details.

What sites are they? Can you list a few please if you can't remember all of them?

Also, what languages does he speak?
    Jazakallah khair.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I will post the number and the Ziyarahs list soon as the brother gets back to me. unfortunely I could not go to the Ziyarahs with this brother so I can not tell you which Ziyarah they are, he speaks urdu and english.
    Verily, Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O Believers! send blessings upon him and salute him with a worthy salutation". (Qur'aan - 33:56)

http://www.sabeel-travels.co.uk/

Madhhab
    Don't know

wa rahmatullah,
    the following website seems to list the important sites to visit : http://www.islamiclandmarks.com/

Madhhab
    Hanafi

yes brother Abu Seluiman, do post the contact details of this brother as soon as he gets back to you.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

AsSalams,

I would to love the know the number of this individual as me and my family will be going to Madinah and Makkah in Ramadan for Umrah this year insh'Allah. Do you know how much he charged you for the whole ziyarah in comparison to how much the Arab brothers charge you for the 4 ziyarahs?

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Khiza Fo Shiza View Post
    AsSalams,

I would to love the know the number of this individual as me and my family will be going to Madinah and Makkah in Ramadan for Umrah this year insh'Allah. Do you know how much he charged you for the whole ziyarah in comparison to how much the Arab brothers charge you for the 4 ziyarahs?
    Generally the locals charge about 10 - 15 riyals for the basic "4 site" ziyarah.
    I enquired about a more extensive ziyarah in madinah taking up to say 30 odd sites and that was about 200 riyals for a 3 hour trip.
    Quite a bit of difference. But like anything in life - u get wot u pay 4...generally.