• The fart is slowly released without you releasing it

3 21.43%
  • The fart travels back into your back passage and comes out latter

7 50.00%
  • Don't know

4 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wudhu, farting, flatulence, doubts, waswaas (URGENT HELP)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Post Wudhu, farting, flatulence, doubts, waswaas (URGENT HELP)

Islam teaches us that we should not be shy in seeking knowledge so please don't get afended and regard this thread as rude. Sometimes I have to keep my wudhu for long and it cuase inconvienance to keep and repeating it. A lot of time in need to pass flatulence/ fart/ wind but because I don't want to break my wudu I hold it in, but what I dont understand is how come the urge for farting goes after that. It doesn't make sense sometimes I feel a small amount of gas coming out but I'm not sure. I have searched the internet "where do farts go when you hold them in", do you slowly release them without you releasing or does it get sucked back into your back passage and just come out latter. After looking at a few sites it seams that they are sucked back in but I am doubtly. It does not make sense because if you kept on using this method then you will probably be able to go your whole life without letting of gas, so is this possible.

What are you views where do farts go when you hold them in, someone please get back to me as soon as possible, because I need to know whether or not my wudhu is intact.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Wudhu, farting, flatulence, doubts, waswaas (URGENT HELP)

Jazakallah, thank you for those that have filled in my Poll and read this thread, could some more people please fill this in as I urgently need to find out the answer.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

brother, dont worry about where the wind goes when you hold it in

thinking and worrying about these sort of things can make you morbid; just be thankfull to Allah that He helps by taking away the pressure!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I guess you would need to ask a medical professional to get a true answer, anything else will just be a guess. Any medical professionals here?

I have read that up to a certain point gas is able to be burped out instead of being released from behind... so one could think if you keep holding gas, eventually it would be burped out if it wasn't released the way it was trying to get released. However, like I said, that would just be a guess on my part!

Like the other brother said, don't worry about it and Insha'Allah just continue your ibadah and everything else. Scholars also say based on ahadith that one must have 100% confirmation, by sound and/or smell, that one has passed gas and broken their wudu. I read somewhere that one should be able to take an oath on Allah that they have broken their wudu. If one thinks of it in this manner whenever they think they may have broken their wudu, but they would not take an oath on Allah because they're "not sure", that obviously means that there is doubt. If there is doubt, then wudu is still valid and not broken. If there is doubt, then Insha'Allah continue your salat or whatever else you may be doing and you don't need to make wudu again until you are 100% positive to the point where you would take an oath on Allah that your wudu had become invalidated.

Allah knows best.

I am not a scholar.

Say Allahu-Akbar when you see this.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

The things is, someone must know the answer because how are the imams of hurmain able to keep their wudhu for so long and other imams whilst reading tarweeh for 2 hours. Therefore I think that the wind must travel back up your back passage but I am still unsure. I need to ask a scholar inshallah just to be on the safe side.

Are there any medical docters on the Sunni Forum?

Senior Member Student_Of_Knowledge's Avatar
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Excellent Question Above Which Needs Answering

I Have Also Had The Above Thought Of The Imams Of The Haramain However Have No Answer For The Question
    Have Respect For The Haramain

Please Recite:

Surah Yaseen (22)
    Surah Kahf On Fridays (15 Juz)
    Surah Dukhan On The Night Of Friday (25 Juz)
    Surah Tabarak/Mulk - Every Night (29 Juz)
    Surah Sajdah - Every Night (21 Juz)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Student_Of_Knowledge View Post
    Excellent Question Above Which Needs Answering

I Have Also Had The Above Thought Of The Imams Of The Haramain However Have No Answer For The Question
    I find it interesting that this fiqh issue hasn't been addressed, surely it must be address in some hanfi, safee, malki or humbali fiqh book. Other people from the past and peresnt must have surely experienced the same problem.

I think the best thing to do is try and ask a scholar/ alim/ mufti

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Nabi karīm sallallāhu ῾alayhi wasallam said that one should not leave the Masjid out of a doubt of passing wind until one hears the sound thereof or gets the smell thereof.

(Sunan Tirmidhi)

Please Recite:

Surah Yaseen (22)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

There are differences in opinion on this one. Certainly, people have believed for centuries that retaining flatulence is bad for the health. Emperor Claudius even passed a law legalizing farting at banquets out of concern for people's health. There was a widespread belief that a person could be poisoned or catch a disease by retaining farts. Doctors I have spoken to recently have told me that there is no particular harm in holding in farts. Farts will not poison you; they are a natural component of your intestinal contents. The worst thing that can happen is that you may get a stomach ache from the gas pressure. But one doctor suggested that pathological distention of the bowel could result if a person holds in farts too much.

The doctors agree that the fart is neither released nor absorbed. It simply migrates back upward into the intestine and comes out later. It is reassuring to know that such farts aren't really lost, just delayed.

Please Recite:

Surah Yaseen (22)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

It seems to me that the fart must travel back into your back passage and comes out latter, but I am still not 100% sure so I thing it would be better if I could try and ask some scholar or docter, inshallah.