THE DAILY QUOTES THREAD BY MUFTI ISMAIL MUSA MENK
A Range Of Different Topics Mentioned Below
.Visiting the sick, assisting them in any way, inquiring about them and praying for them has many benefits, hence it is considered a great act of worship.
It boosts the morale of the sick, making them feel much better, giving them a sense of belonging which contributes to their recovery.
The psychological impact of a kind word, a prayer and a visit is so great that the sick begin to feel much better and the greatest of miracles can occur even after medicine has given up.
It also makes us realize the gift of health that the Almighty has bestowed upon us and gives us the opportunity to be thankful.
Taking care of the sick can result us being protected from such sickness as well as easy entry into paradise.
The day WE fall ill, we will be surprised at the number of people who inquire about us, pray for us and visit us over and above those who take care of us. This is what makes us one big family.
The genuine concern for one another is a vital component of a happy community.
When was the last time you visited the sick, assisted them in any way, prayed for their cure or inquired about them? Make it a regular feature in your weekly routine.
.None of us are exempt from going through divorce or experiencing it in the lives of the best of our children or family members.
Hence it is very important that we watch very carefully what we say about those who are divorced and how we treat them, speak to them or look at them.
In many instances, two individually brilliant people divorce, not because one is bad but because together, they were unable to survive. This is proven by the fact that in many cases both are then very happily married to others.
Remember, if your mouth or actions become hurtful to those divorced, there may come a time when you will be dumbfounded by repetition of the same if not worse in your own home!
Never be from those who frown upon, look down upon, criticize or gossip about those divorced, making them feel unworthy.
The Messenger pbuh chose to marry a divorced woman and repeated this type of choice. Had they been "bad" simply because they were divorced, he would have been the furthest away from them.
Shame upon those parents who do not allow their children to consider a divorced spouse. They need to know that many people say that marriages to those previously divorced are more likely to be everlasting.
May the Almighty guide us all and grant us ALL spouses who will be the coolness of our eyes. Aameen
This status was inspired by the cry of a sister. In no way are we belittling those never married. We are simply raising a VERY VERY common and REAL problem in almost every society.
Why do people who are blessed by the Almighty with so many gifts at times choose to become so arrogant, aloof, proud and maltreat others?
Have you noticed how some who are wealthy, intelligent, degree holders and at times even the knowledgeable, begin to think that others are all inferior to them and that they have the right to despise others?
Have you noticed how there are more complaints of the wealthy under paying their workers or delaying payment or scrounging discounts below cost than others?
Why don't we realise that it costs us absolutely nothing to be even more humble, approachable, helpful, respectful towards others when we are blessed by the Almighty?
Remember that no matter what you have you will never be truly loved by people if you are full of pride and arrogance or despise people. The more you have the more humble you should be. It can all disappear in a flash and then what will become of us?
- Shame upon those men who oppress their wives.
- Giving preference to your friends over your wife is oppression.
- Screaming and yelling at your wife is oppression.
- Coming home late each night or coming to bed late each night without a valid excuse is oppression.
- Wasting time on the internet or phone, television or games whilst your wife is waiting for you is oppression.
- Not spending reasonable time with your wife is oppression.
- Not commending her upon her goodness, sacrifice and achievements whilst only harping on her weaknesses is oppression. Be fair!
- Not correcting her in the most loving manner and going around publicizing her errors or wrongdoings is oppression.
- Not providing at least the basic food, clothing and shelter for her is oppression.
- Not appreciating that she is someone's daughter or sister and treating her like a slave is oppression.
- Allowing your mother or family members to disrespect or maltreat your wife is oppression.
- Allowing others to invade her privacy is oppression.
- Not giving her the rest that she deserves post child birth is oppression.
- Swearing and cursing your wife is oppression.
- Making false promises to your wife is oppression.
- These are just some ways that men oppress their wives.
- Shame upon those men who oppress their wives!
- Are you one of them? Well, change your ways, apologize and repent before the Almighty overtakes you with His Wrath.
- Remember the Messenger pbuh says, "The best of you are those best to their wives."The Messenger PBUH has told us that closer to the Last Day, time will pass by faster and faster. A year will feel like a month, a month like a week, a week like a day and a day like an hour. Amazingly we feel this prophecy today where the day goes by like a few minutes and before we realize, the week is over and then the month and the year too. This is why we must ensure that we make the most of every valuable second at hand. When we are not focused and have no proper goals in life, we waste our days and weeks, months and years in achieving nothing meaningful. Let us set clear goals, focus on them, work hard towards achieving them and not give up. Bear in mind that although we may have many goals, our ultimate goal should be to please our Maker.When things do not go exactly the way we wanted, when we do not achieve what we have tried so hard to or when we feel so let down by others then always know that for as long as we have faith & trust in the Almighty, He definitely has something better in store for us, has saved us from a calamity or disaster that would have been in our path or has elevated our status through surrendering to His Decree. We are not considered believers until we are pleased with the Decisions of the Almighty. This will save us from much anxiety & depression. Try your best & leave the rest to Him.A small misunderstanding, minor dispute or problem automatically becomes a much bigger issue if it is not dealt with right away. Satan chisels into the smallest crack making it appear to be a crater simply because it was not filled when it first appeared. An intelligent person is he who tries to resolve matters as soon as possible rather than leave them to bubble in the hearts of people until they reach boiling point. The Prophet ﷺ said, “The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the one who controls himself while in anger,’ (Bukhari).Although social networking sites & apps such as Facebook, Twitter etc are responsible for much irresponsibility and damage, casting people into loss, regret and darkness, I am quite convinced that we can all make ourselves responsible users of the same networks encouraging responsibility and building solid foundations, instilling high morals, removing people from darkness, showing them the light and how easy it is to tread upon the path of no regret, gaining as much as possible on their fingertips!
It has never been easier to access people "sans frontiers" than this, so are we going to make use of it to create a positive impact or wait for others to do the opposite and cry when it is too late?
Anyone engaged in any form of beneficial activity should be supported in it, even if it be just morally. Perhaps our own children may be saved through the effort of those whom we thought negatively about. Neither underestimate the impact of technology upon the masses nor your own impact upon others.We should neither eat excessively nor starve ourselves when pure food is available.
Water & fluid should make up an average of a third of our stomach's capacity, with solids making up another third. The rest should remain empty.
Also, chewing solids properly, eating at a medium pace and eating healthy are all taught by the Messenger pbuh.
All this requires great discipline, holds a great reward and ensures good health too.
Wasting food in any way is also strongly detested.At times our success, sustenance, contentment, etc is blocked or negatively affected due to a sin we are not giving up or a fellow human being we have harmed. This can even affect the mind, health & family too.
Sometimes we hunt for the cause of our downfall, loss, frustrations or unhappiness yet it is glaring us in the face! Transgressing against the Almighty or causing harm and grief to a fellow human being cannot do us any good.
If human nature makes us falter we should know that the Creator, who is Most Forgiving is always waiting for us to turn to the right path!
If we have caused harm to others we should put a stop to it and never be too proud to seek forgiveness from them directly.
Make it easy for your children to marry. Making it difficult results in much loss in all directions.
Parents should never disagree to the marriage of their child for reasons not sanctioned by the one who gave them that child. The Almighty.
Some parents are so forceful upon their children that it is as though THEY are the ones getting married! Come on you had ur pick, now give the children a chance.
Parents must guide & advise indeed, but also try to understand where the child is coming from. If the Almighty allows it, allow it!
In the same breath, children who don't involve parents in guiding them to making big decisions such as marriage stand to lose much.
It is two way traffic! Understand each other and let the final decision be within whatever the Almighty permits. In this way, we would have fulfilled our duty and will not regret....When our main aim in life is our food, clothing, make-up, cars, phones, money, holidays, parties, hairstyles and living up to the latest trends, then spirituality usually takes a back seat and we begin to head in the direction of regret in the hereafter.
It gets to a stage where we become totally enslaved by such items and the Almighty becomes a ceremonial figure in our lives with religion too being transformed into a mere ritual.
When pleasing our Maker takes the center-stage in our lives , then everything else becomes secondary and the sweetness of contentment with our share settles in. We begin to realise the only opportunity we have to prepare for the hereafter is whilst we are alive. The glamorous world fades as we see how it has swallowed so many who are firmly in it's clutches. So much time is wasted on that which really does not matter at all.
Nothing can ever bring us more joy than the Pleasure of the Almighty upon us. May He help us focus on the right path and tread upon it at all times. Aameen