Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rating posts

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default rating posts

assalaamu 'alaykum ww
    Perhaps we could have a rating system for posts where one can click a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" sign without having to post? I wonder if its a good idea as members can do this annonymously without getting involved if they do not wish to.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: rating posts

x3
    أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīm
    b-ismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the accursed one
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by ummitaalib View Post
    assalaamu 'alaykum ww
    Perhaps we could have a rating system for posts where one can click a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" sign without having to post? I wonder if its a good idea as members can do this annonymously without getting involved if they do not wish to.
    ''There is no intelligence like planning,No nobility like good character,No piety like restraint.''-(Bayhaqi,shu'ab al-iman)

Allah Allah Allah .....

Madhhab
    Hanafi

After six or seven months it will be alright by that time people might have sorted their ikhlas problem out.

Madhhab
    Don't know

Then people will ask for such a function to be disabled because of ego problem as seen on other forums.

Wassalam.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I am against rating too. That will be praising people to the face which is not good for the soul as it might take over the head. Then the thumbs down can cause hurtful feelings in the heart leading to some malice if the person rated is known or the person can feel down and other things. Allahu alam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Well... I guess the star rating system is in effect and I think it is anonymous but it applies to the thread and not individual replies.

That said, I see the points raised against rating systems and actually agree with them, especially what sister mercyofAllah wrote. I suppose if there is a particularly offensive post, then we can report it anonymously but other than that, it might just cause feelings of pride and hurt.

That said the rating system might make it easier for members to scroll to points that have been marked worth reading - especially useful in threads that grow exceptionally long... that isn't to say other points are not worthy of reading, its just that for some threads we might end up not reading anything just because they've grown so long [or we might only focus on the OP and then the final couple of replies etc. and miss some gems in between].

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīm
    b-ismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

I seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, the accursed one
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I vote for everyone to get the right to ban everyone else.
    Mujhse bekas ki dawlat pe laakhon durood, Mujhse bebas ki quwwat pe laakhon salaam,
    Hum ghareebon ke aaqa pe behad durood, Hum faqeeron ki sarwat pe laakhon salaam.

www.jayshemuhabbat.blogspot.com
    www.drabutamim.blogspot.com
    www.shiningblades.blogspot.com

Senior Member Student_Of_Knowledge's Avatar
    Madhhab
    Hanafi

Just Take A Look At 'Islamic Board' They Use This Feature. Look At A Few Of The 'Threads Where In The Liking Other Comments Takes Place' And Then You May Be Able To Spot More 'Mixing Between The Genders' Within That Thread'
    Have Respect For The Haramain

Please Recite:

Surah Yaseen (22)
    Surah Kahf On Fridays (15 Juz)
    Surah Dukhan On The Night Of Friday (25 Juz)
    Surah Tabarak/Mulk - Every Night (29 Juz)
    Surah Sajdah - Every Night (21 Juz)

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Student_Of_Knowledge View Post
    Just Take A Look At 'Islamic Board' They Use This Feature. Look At A Few Of The 'Threads Where In The Liking Other Comments Takes Place' And Then You May Be Able To Spot More 'Mixing Between The Genders' Within That Thread'
    assalaamu 'alaykum

I just checked the site you mentioned and that is not all what i meant. Check out the system on muftisays .com

This system would mean maybe less direct interaction between males and females if one wished to only show approval or disapproval of a post and not discuss it. Also hurting each other is still going to happen. At least this way the thumbs down is annonymously done and the person is not likely to hold a grudge agaist all sf members. Also one other thing is that if a member gives good advise to someone and it is given many thumbs up then it shows that this opinion has support of many.

Note that this is for those who do not wish to get into too many discussions yet wish to show support (or show disapproval) of certain posts...