When we said Music in Islam is forbidden / haram, brother Auzer responded with this...
This isn't the first time I have heard someone call me or the majority of us here as 'narrow minded' - this is so amusing and vile at the same time, why are we branded narrow minded when:
1. when we [including our women] are as educated [worldly terms] as you or perhaps even more so.
2. we go to or have been to the same universities.
3. we are as wealthy [worldly terms] or perhaps more wealthy than you.
4. when our cities are also places of fitnah or we if we wanted can also have access to strip clubs, lounge bars & IMAX's.
5. we too have access to high speed unlimited broadband and if we wanted can have plasma TV's & dedicated Music systems, not to speak of Computers in various forms.
6. we go to the same jobs more or less.
7. we too live amongst or have to deal [in our work places] with scantily clad women or lecherous men [depending on who you are].
8. we too have:
- 22 Cranial and Facial Bones
- 6 Ear Bones
- 1 Throat Bone
- 4 Shoulder Bones
- 25 Chest Bones
- 26 Vertebral Bones
- 6 Arm and Forearm bones
- 54 Hand Bones
- 2 Pelvic Bones
- 8 Leg Bones
- 52 Foot Bones
and yet we do not want to dance because it is HARAM in Islam.
9. we too can have Gillette's & trimmers, yet we want to keep a beard.
10. we too can have multiple social networking accounts & access to adult networking sites, yet we Alhamdulillah don't do that.
11. we too can have lavish weddings, yet we don't.
12. we....the list can go on and on.
The problem with some people like Auzer & Co. is they think we are born Saints - which we are not, we have chosen to follow, we have chosen to practice, many have left behind their Non-deeni way of life. The problem with them is if they can't practice upon something they can't accept that others are doing so.
They can't accept Allah SWT can grant people enjoyment / people can enjoy within the boundaries of Shariah.
They can't accept people can enjoy the company of the Ulamah.
They can't accept people can enjoy Dhikrullah as much as or more than they enjoy Music.
@Abdul1234, its unbelievable how you can say that. Non-Muslims will accept it or don't - THEY AREN'T OR WILL NOT BE DOING A FAVOR TO ALLAH SWT BY ACCEPTING ISLAM - RATHER THEY WILL BE DOING THEMSELVES A FAVOR. Deen won't changed for them. Perhaps [I could be wrong here - I'm no Scholar] they can go through a transition phase, but Music is Haram and will always be Haram until the last day. Perhaps, I have misunderstood you brother, correct me.
Encourage them to something much better [Dhikr] if they are finding it difficult to let go. But Music is haram, taboo, disallowed.
Please read this.
May Allah SWT grant us all guidance and keep us on it. Summa aamen.
I wish bro Auzer & Co. reflect upon their words.
Why is when people talk about Deen / Taqwa - they are branded as narrow minded? Where does this stupid thinking arise? Don't they know...
That we live in the same world as they do.
This small effort is for the sake of Allah SWT.