Originally Posted by a.s.
THINGS THAT BREAK ONE'S FAST BUT MAKE ONLY QAZA WAJIB
1. Anything put by force into the mouth of fasting persons
2. Water goes down the throat whilst gargling, conscious of one' fasting.
3. To Vomit mouthful intentionally or to return vomit down the throat.
4. Swallowing intentionally a pebble, piece of paper or any item that is not used as food or
5. Swallowing something edible, equal to or bigger than a grain of gram which was stuck
between the teeth. However if it is first taken out of the mouth and swallowed, it will
break the fast whether it is smaller or bigger than the size of a gram.
6. Putting oil into the ear.
7. Inhaling snuff into the nostrils.
8. Swallowing the blood from the gums if the color of the blood is more than the saliva with
which it is mixed.
9. To eat and drink forgetting that one is fasting and thereafter thinking that the fast is
broken, to eat and drink again.
10.To eat and drink after Subha Sadiq or to break the fast before sunset due to cloudy sky or
a faulty watch, etc., and then realizing one's fault.
11.Any other fast other than a Ramadan one, whether broken intentionally or with a good
and valid reason, makes ONLY Qazaa WAJIB. There is NO Kaffarah for breaking any fast
besides that of Ramadan.