Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Shaykh al-Sudais: Better for women to pray at home

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Shaykh al-Sudais: Better for women to pray at home

The other thing is when we go to court, we maintain silence and behave well bcos of the place. In schools, when there is a rule that people should follow certain rules of dress code, all the students follow irrespective of them being studious or not. If they transgress the limit, a disciplinary action is taken and it is accepted. When women go to masjid, the house of Allah SWT, the women should follow some dress code. When people can respect human made courts, how much we muslims should have azmat for the house of Allah SWT. So a strong message should be sent to women who come wearing perfumes and mini skhirts (this is something I cannot imagine). I dont think they can be this ignorant that they cannot follow the rules when it comes to masjid when they can abide by rules when going to other places.

When there is a hadith not to forbid women from entering masjid, there are also strong narrations how they should or should not come like the perfume thing and other dress code. When one cannot be followed properly, we cannot blame the other when blocked up. That gets sort of neutral. I think when the masjid has proper arrangement for women and can take care of fitna free environment, then women can go or else the men coming for salah should be seriously considered as it is fardh for them and women cannot be allowed to act as fitna for them all bcos of their fault. If any woman comes violating the rules, they should be politely turned off saying politely not to enter masjid in that condition as per the rules of masjid. Any sensible muslim would follow that as I dont think the one who come to masjid are completely deprived of azmat of Allah SWT that they cannot understand. Let Allah SWT help us to be moderate.Allahu alam
    I think I have said enough and I dont want to spam now.
    I will now leave the thread iA.
    wassalam

Madhhab
    None

The great scholar, Ibn Battāl, on whom Imam an-Nawawi and Imam Ibn Hajar both relied heavily in their respective commentaries on Sahīh Muslim and Sahīh al-Bukhari, said, in commenting on the hadith "The Prophet, salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said, “When your women ask for your permission to go to mosque at night, give them permission."

هذا الحديث معناه العموم،و تقييده بزيادة من زاد فيه بالليل لصلاتهن في مساجد الجماعة، و يخرج من هذا الحديث أن الرجل إذا استأذنته امرأته إلى الحج لا يمنعها ...و هو قول مالك، والشافعي أن المرأة ليس لزوجها منعها من الحج، و يكون على الوجه الأول – أعني الصلوات الخمس في المساجد – نهي...لأنه واجب عليه أن لا يمنعها.

قال الطبرى: في إطلاقه عليه السلام لهن الخروج إلى المساجد و ذلك إباحة لا ندب و لا فرض، دليل أن نظير ذلك الإذن لهن في كل ما كان مطلقاً الخروج فيه نحو عيادة إحداهن بعض أهلها، و شهودها أعياد المسلمين أو زيارة قبر ميت لها، و إذا كان حقاً عليهم أن يأذنوا لهن فيما هو مطلق لهن الخروج فيه، فالإذن لهن فيما هو فرض عليهن أو ندب الخروج إليه أولى، كخروجهن لأداء شهادة لزمتهن، أو لتعرف أسباب دينهن، و لأداء فرض الحج و شبهه من الفرائض، أو لزيارة أمهاتهن و آبائهن و ذوى محارمهن.

“This hadīth has a general meaning, despite its restriction by the addition of whoever added their praying at night in the masjid in congregational prayer, and one takes out of this hadīth that the man - if his wife asks his permission to go to hajj, then he is not to prevent her, and it is the opinion of Malik and ash-Shafi‘ī, that a woman's husband may not prevent her from hajj, and on the first perspective it means the 5 prayers in masjids, is prohibited, because it is obligatory on him not to prevent her.

At-Tabari said: by hisصلى الله عليه و سلم saying absolutely that they can go out to the masjids, and that is permissible not recommended or obligatory is proof that comparable to that permission for them in everything [else] absolutely [or without restriction] of going out, like celebrating with their family, and her being present at (or witnessing) the celebrations of the Muslims or visiting the grave of a dead [relative] of hers, and it is a right over them [i.e. the men. In other words, they are required to give them permission] that they [the men] give permission to them [the women] in what it is absolutely [permissible or open] for them (f.) to go out to do. So permission for them [the women] in what is obligatory on them or recommended for them to go out and do is first [i.e. an even higher right and priority for them to go out and do, and as such for men not to prevent them from], such as their going out to execute (or perform) being a witness for something required, or to know the causes (asbab) of their religion, and to execute (or perform) the obligation of hajj and whatever is like it of obligations, or visiting their mothers and fathers and non-marriageable kin.”

(Ibn Battāl, Sharah Ibn Battāl, vol. 2, p. 545)

"Tasawwuf enlightens the heart through knowledge, action, and dhikr. Hazratism boxes a person into groupthink and promotes sectarian bigotry." — Shaykh Hamzah Wald Maqbul.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by mercyofAllah View Post
    sister...!

I saw your previous post, there was written that there should be some alternative for women to get company of pious and for learning deen...May allah accept your concern and give u taufeeq ...!

Anyway Alhamdulillah, summa alhamdulillah in most of places where the work of tabligh is going fine there are also weekly ijtemas for sisters in some house with complete system of purdah and also ladies jamaat come and go in the path of allah with their mahrum and with complete shariah rulings, this is the best option for a sister to learn deen and sit in the company of pious..!

To know about where near about ur place ijtema is held, tell ur mahrums to talk to tablighi saathies and they will tell ur mahrum who will tell u the timings and place

Request for duas

Madhhab
    Hanafi

. . . .That what these two Shaikhs have stated i.e. the Muftaa Bihi (the view on which the verdict is) in this age is on the prohibition of women's emergence. Only a dense man following his lowly desires will not accept this, for verily, the rules change with the changing of the times. This is correct in terms of the Math-habs of the Ulama of the Salf and the Khalf." "Hajjatul Islam (Imaam Ghazaali)says in Al-lhya in the chapter dealing on Amr Bil Ma'roof: 'It is obligatory to prohibit women from attending the Musaajid for Salaat and Thikr when fitnah in regard to them is feared ' In Anwaar it is said: It is waa|ib to prohibit women from attending the Musaajid for Salaat and Thikr when there exists the danger of fitnah.' The evils of their emergence today are established facts. . . . The correct view is that prohibition is absolut e and the Fatwa is this (prohibition). This is the summary of our (Shaaf'i) Math-hab" (Fataawa Kubra of Ibn hajar Haitami)

4:115 If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that of the believers (The Sahaabah), We shall leave him in the path he has chosen, and land him in Hell,- what an evil refuge!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by abd7861 View Post

. . . .That what these two Shaikhs have stated i.e. the Muftaa Bihi (the view on which the verdict is) in this age is on the prohibition of women's emergence. Only a dense man following his lowly desires will not accept this, for verily, the rules change with the changing of the times. This is correct in terms of the Math-habs of the Ulama of the Salf and the Khalf." "Hajjatul Islam (Imaam Ghazaali)says in Al-lhya in the chapter dealing on Amr Bil Ma'roof: 'It is obligatory to prohibit women from attending the Musaajid for Salaat and Thikr when fitnah in regard to them is feared ' In Anwaar it is said: It is waa|ib to prohibit women from attending the Musaajid for Salaat and Thikr when there exists the danger of fitnah.' The evils of their emergence today are established facts. . . . The correct view is that prohibition is absolut e and the Fatwa is this (prohibition). This is the summary of our (Shaaf'i) Math-hab" (Fataawa Kubra of Ibn hajar Haitami)

Is this prohibition on women's emergence general? Does that mean that women should not emerge from the house unless absolutely necessary?
    سبحانك لا علم لنا إلا ما علمتنا إنك أنت العليم الحكيم

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Talib84 View Post
    Is this prohibition on women's emergence general? Does that mean that women should not emerge from the house unless absolutely necessary?

Brother, this question is not the purport of this thread however, you will note after consulting reliable Muftis that the emergence of women is based on conditions which in this day and age of fisq and fujoor are considered misogynistic, chauvanistic, IndoPak Deobandi culture etc.....!!

The emergence of women without Shar'i reason is reprehensible.

May Allah Ta'ala safegaurd all of our Imaan.

4:115 If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that of the believers (The Sahaabah), We shall leave him in the path he has chosen, and land him in Hell,- what an evil refuge!

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Brother, this question is not the purport of this thread however, you will note after consulting reliable Muftis that the emergence of women is based on conditions which in this day and age of fisq and fujoor are considered misogynistic, chauvanistic, IndoPak Deobandi culture etc.....!!

The emergence of women without Shar'i reason is reprehensible.

May Allah Ta'ala safegaurd all of our Imaan.

Ameen

Walikum Salam

Post #80 by you has more than one quote about women emerging from their homes. Are those quotes specific to women emerging to go to Masjid or women emerging in general? It was posted in this thread so could be answered here. If the mods see fit they can move it to a new thread.

Ulama have no problem in attending and hosting (with their wives and family) weddings/aqeeqas/functions/ Jalsas where men and women are in the same building. I am not saying mixing takes place in these events. Obviously at a wedding you cant control how people dress, no one even suggests that. They also go out with their families (not all mahrams) for recreation outdoors where other Muslim/Non Muslim families would also be present at the same outdoor location. Obvioulsy men would stay with the men and women would stay with the women within each family. Women also emerge from their homes to attend weekly taleem and attend ladies bayans and programmes. Women go in Jamat with their husbands which involve going through security checks at the airport and compromising hijab. None of the above are condemned by Ulama rather some are organized and encouraged by them.

So please explain this in the context of women being prohibited from emerging from their homes in this day of fisq and fujoor. Jazak Allah.
    Last edited by Talib84; 20-08-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    سبحانك لا علم لنا إلا ما علمتنا إنك أنت العليم الحكيم

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Ameen

Walikum Salam

Post #80 by you has more than one quote about women emerging from their homes. Are those quotes specific to women emerging to go to Masjid or women emerging in general? It was posted in this thread so could be answered here. If the mods see fit they can move it to a new thread.

Ulama have no problem in attending and hosting (with their wives and family) weddings/aqeeqas/functions/ Jalsas where men and women are in the same building. I am not saying mixing takes place in these events. Obviously at a wedding you cant control how people dress, no one even suggests that. They also go out with their families (not all mahrams) for recreation outdoors where other Muslim/Non Muslim families would also be present at the same outdoor location. Obvioulsy men would stay with the men and women would stay with the women within each family. Women also emerge from their homes to attend weekly taleem and attend ladies bayans and programmes. Women go in Jamat with their husbands which involve going through security checks at the airport and compromising hijab. None of the above are condemned by Ulama rather some are organized and encouraged by them.

So please explain this in the context of women being prohibited from emerging from their homes in this day of fisq and fujoor. Jazak Allah.

The quotes mentioned by me were regarding women coming out for attending the Musjid. When such restrictions have been instated for attending the Musjid then even more so would it pertain to mundane activities. As long as an event is carried out within Shar'i guidelines then there is no issue. Whether Ulama attend/condone such activities does not necessarily make it permissible. It still remains to be seen whether it is within the purview of the Shariah. Ulama can comment on this.

Please bear in mind that actions done in weakness even by Ulama does not render the act permissible.

With regards to the specific instances you have mentioned please ask the Ulama. However, with regards ta'leem and ladies emerging as long as they were accompanied by a mahram then this will be permissible. It should also be borne in mind that it devolves first and foremost on the mahram males to deliver the necessary ta'leem to his mahram womenfolk. Ladies jamaat and the violation of hijaab at airports is a whole another topic that deserves its own focus.

My main intention in even responding in this thread was because a Sahih Hadith was used repeatedly in substantiation of a certain viewpoint and I wanted to provide the explanation of that Hadith. I also wanted to point out the danger of using Hadiths in an isolated manner without the commentary behind it.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Women go in Jamat with their husbands which involve going through security checks at the airport and compromising hijab. None of the above are condemned by Ulama rather some are organized and encouraged by them.
    My wife's hijaab is never compromised in the airports. They always take her to a separate room where she removes her niqaab for a female. If they don't have a separate room, then at least they take her to a secluded area.

Perhaps those Ulema and their families practice this as well. At the very least, edit this part of your post.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

It is waa|ib to prohibit women from attending the Musaajid for Salaat and Thikr when there exists the danger of fitnah.'
    What is the definition of 'fitnah' here, and what is the extent of the 'fitnah' beyond which this prohibition would apply. What sort of fitan and risks is a woman living in a safe neighborhood who emerges in niqab exposed to?