In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate
Those who turn (for friendship) to Allah, His Apostle and the believers (must know) that Allah’s followers are sure to triumph. (S.5 v:56)
We praise Allah and seek His help and refuge from the evils of our inner-self and wickedness of our own deeds. Whomever, is guided by Allah, none can lead (him/her) astray; whoever goes astray, can find none except Allah (for guidance). We bear witness that there is no god but Allah. Alone is He and no partner He has. We also bear witness that Mohammad (peace be upon him) is His servant and Messenger.
Having said that, I would like to proceed further:
I seek refuge in Allah, from Satan, the rejected one.
I extend my (heartfelt) felicitation on this occasion of Eid-ul-fitre to the Mujahid nation of Afghanistan and to all the Islamic Ummah, on their worship of fasting (during Ramadan) and the Jihadic achievements. May Allah (swt) accept in His Sight, your (worship of) fasting, the offering of charities and unprecedented services and sacrifices in the cause of Truth. I hope, that the Almighty Allah, may have enabled you to observe all acts of rituals of this season of blessing and worship. May Allah, the Almighty give success, in this world and in the world to come, to all Mujahideen who are sacrificing their lives, those who continued to remain at their strongholds engaged despite the hunger and thirst in the month of Ramadan.
May Allah, the Almighty procure conducive situation for the release of those brothers of ours who are now in captivity of the enemies. May Allah (swt) bestow on the holy and sacred martyrs of the path of Truth, high ranks in the paradise of Firdaus, a swift recovery to the injured and somber patience, reward, joy and prosperity to those valiants who have lost members of their families. In these holy days of Eid-ul-fitre, I would like to share with you my views about some vital matters, in addition to the felicitation on this occasion:
The Jihadic Momentum:
1. The Jihadic activities robustly forge ahead, with array at its best order and by utilizing the latest tactics. This great achievement has been possible only thanks to the help of Allah, the Almighty, the assistance of the Muslim people; unity and the comprehensive cooperation and sacrifices of the heroic Mujahid nation of Afghanistan.
2. The unique distinction of this year’s operations Al-Farouq, is that, that it has reached all areas, whether being situated near or far-flung. The losses of Mujahideen have decreased while the losses and frustrations of the enemy have increased in parallel. The enemy is not able to take a breath of relief in the main cities, rural areas and even in their barricaded garrisons. Mujahideen have taken initiatives of the war in their own hands. The enemy has been forced to adopt a defensive position in every area, even they have retreated from many military centers. This is what the enemy have admitted itself from time to time.
3. Mujahideen have cleverly infiltrated in the ranks of the enemy according to the plan given to them last year. Many conscious Afghans in the rank and files of the enemy have shown willingness to help the Mujahideen in a shrewd and astute manner after having come around to know the reality. As a result, the foreign invaders and their allies in their military centers and bases do come under crushing blows of these heroic soldiers. We appreciate these brave and historical heroes and the entire nation pays them great tributes. We expect others to display the same boldness and spirit. Thanks to the infiltration of the Mujahideen, they are able to (safely) enter bases, offices and intelligence centers of the enemy. Then, they easily carry out decisive and coordinated attacks, inflicting heavy losses on the enemy both in life and equipment. Furthermore, a great number of soldiers join the ranks of Mujahideen, carrying their heavy and light weapons and ammunition, after leaving the ranks of the enemy. The Mujahideen honor them and provide them protection. In the recent days, you and we were witness of such frequent incidents.
4. The colonialists are facing a wide-spread economic crisis and popular opposition because of the Afghanistan war. Even their own soldiers express resentments against their wrong policies. A case in point is the demonstration in front of the premises of the Chicago conference, which had been staged by those soldiers who had served in Afghanistan. Similarly, resentments and opposition (to the war) have spiraled up at world’s level. The trend is still on the rise. As a result, (some of) the colonialists have been forced to pull their troops out of Afghanistan one after another. This is but an (obvious) achievement and triumph of our sacred Jihad.
5. The invaders not only have faced defeat in political, economical and military fronts but, at the moral front too, the public of the world have come around that the invaders do not know any human values. They have no warfare ethics; violate human rights and honor; they commit blasphemy against holy things; desecrate the corpses of the martyrs; perpetrate morally offensive acts against children and adolescents; raid houses at night and brutally kill women, old men and children similar to the gruesome incidents of Zangawat and Sajawand. They bombard villages, houses, cities, mosques, religious seminaries, schools, processions of funeral services and ceremonies of felicities. This is in a time that the invaders brazenly speak of human rights and humanity.
6. It is a matter of pleasure for all Muslims, particularly, for the Mujahideen that they wage Jihad like brothers in a single array and under a single flag and command in all areas, extending from Badakhshan to Helmand, and from Nangarhar to Herat. In this lies the great secret of triumph. This is a cause of shock and jittery for the enemy.
Conspiracies of the Enemy
7. During the past eleven years, the enemy tried its best to mobilize the Afghans in its favor by dent of its media. Praise be to Allah, they have failed (in their goal). This is because of the existing ground realities that the people and all the world can see. Thereby, their wicked conspiracies were foiled and the so- called independent media outfits which are, in fact, affiliated with their espionage agencies, have been exposed. Their exaggerated hypes and propaganda ultimately harmed their own reputation. Now they have no credibility in the eyes of the people. The public of the world look at their every report to be no more than a mere rumor, propaganda or a conspiracy against the Mujahideen. The people know that these media outlets hide the losses of those who provide them funds and portray the losses of Mujahideen several times more than what they are and are tight-lipped about the Mujahideen’s victories.
8. The enemy tried to flare up chaos among the people through their cunning intelligence networks by capitalizing on the perversity and ignorance of a few young men. They wanted to face people with the same chaotic situation that gripped them in the 90s, following the ouster of the communist government. Praise be to Allah, this wicked conspiracy has failed while being at its earlier stages. Seeing their abhorrent activities, the people became more closer to the Mujahideen and more watchful about the covert conspiracies of the enemy.
9. The so-called process of transition of authority to the Kabul powerless Administration is another deceiving drama launched by the invaders. By doing so, they want to hide their defeat and mislead the (Afghan) people and the public of the world, ostensibly, claiming that they trust the Afghans and want to devolve to the Afghans the future of their country, both civilian and militarily. Our stance about this cunning process is that, that it is a mere a failed effort like other deviating processes of the invaders, aimed at misleading and confounding the public. All those areas where the process has taken place, are de facto, in the hands of the enemy both from an angle of security, military and administration. They hold the authority to launch night raids and carry out all other brutal attacks despite their commitments in the contrary.
The Strategic Agreement, Military Bases and Fruitless Conferences
10. The game which has been launched under the name of strategic agreement to sell Afghanistan or is still continuing is not acceptable to the heroic people of Afghanistan. The inking of such documents with a powerless regime installed by them has no legal standing.
11. The independence of Afghanistan and establishment of Sharia system are values that the Islamic Emirate is not going to deal on it. The Afghan people will wage Jihad against the foreign invasion until complete independence of the country, though the invasion may ensconce itself in the garb of peace-keeping forces or strategic cooperation.
12. Commitments of billions of dollars are made with the Kabul corrupt Administration in conference being held under the name of assistance. All these commitments are made by the bidding of the foreign invaders in order to keep the sagging and ill regime of Kabul alive, though moribund. The funding countries and nations must know that these assistances do not reach the Afghan people to mitigate their pains but ultimately find way to the private pockets and bank accounts of the rulers of the Kabul corrupt, collapsing and ill regime which only panders to the interests of the foreigners—rulers who are involved in moral and administrative corruption.
Talks and Negotiation:
13. As an independent and committed Islamic and national force, we have constantly made decision about the issue of Afghanistan and other related global issues and made it clear that we wage struggle for the establishment of Islamic system, maintenance of territorial integrity and independence of the country. for Afghanistan to become a joint home for all the Afghans and all avail the opportunity to lead life in unity and harmony, the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan will make efforts to reach an understanding with the Afghan factions in due time following pull-out of the invaders in order to establish an Islamic, all afghans inclusive system, being acceptable to all people and which would pander to the aspirations of the Mujahideen, the martyrs, orphans and widows.
14. Since initial talks have already taken place with the Americans on specific matters and then suspended, I would like to say that our talks and negotiation had not meant submission or abandoning our goals. Rather the step had been taken to initiate exchange of prisoners, open political office and reach our goals.
The Future of Afghanistan:
15. The Islamic Emirate does not think of monopolizing power. Afghanistan is the homeland of All Afghans. Since all its citizens have the responsibility for its protection, so they have right to take part in the government if they have the capacity. The Islamic Emirate will do its best to dispense (government) positions and slots to those who deserve and have the capacity and wipe out corruption in the government departments.
16. The Islamic Emirate considers educations as a main factor for advancement of its beloved people in this world and a cause of their prosperity in the world to come. You may be aware that the Islamic Emirate used to allocate a great portion of its budget for education in its past reign. Currently, a separate commission of education exists in the organizational charter of the Islamic Emirate in order to provide educational facilities for its people. We observe that time and again, some schools are torched or students poisoned, accusing Mujahideen of having done this. But in fact, all these are series of the hidden conspiracies of the enemy—an enemy which is now facing defeat-- in order to malign the Mujahideen.
17. We are committed to give all legitimate rights to women in the light of the Islamic principles, national interests and our noble culture. It is a matter of sorrow to say that the common people, particularly women, are grappling with various hardships following the invasion of the invaders. Even many women have immolated themselves or have been martyred miserably or their honor has been violated. Still this brutal trend continues. It is in a time that women were completely secure from such sufferings during the past reign of the Islamic Emirate.
18. The Islamic Emirate will pave way for all compatriots whether they are inside or outside the country to use their professional and academic knowledge in the service and well-being of their country and people.
19. The Islamic Emirate will focus on reconstruction of the country, development of agriculture, construction of roads, bridges, hospitals. In brief, it will concentrate on the construction of infrastructure, extraction of mines, rehabilitation of arid land, industrialization of the country and obtainment of technological know-how.
20. Those who harbor plans for the disintegration of the country, should know that, with the support of the people, the Islamic Emirate will not permit any one to succeed in this wicked plan and divide our country in the name of ethnicity or geographical location.
21. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan wants good relations and mutual interactions with the world, particularly, with the Islamic world and the neighbors in the light of Islamic rules, national interests, mutual respect and joint cooperation. The Islamic Emirate does not intend to interfere in the internal affairs of others nor allows others to interfere in its internal affairs. The Islamic Emirate assures all the world that it will not allow anyone to use the soil of Afghanistan against any one and makes it clear that it respects all international laws and principles in the light of its Islamic rules and national interests.
22. We congratulate the governments and nations that have emerged following the recent revolutions in the Arabic world on the (beginning) of their new phase of life. I ask Allah, the Almighty, to enable them to have great advancements in all fronts and a brilliant future while observing the Islamic rules. It is a matter of pleasure that the oppressed Muslims who had migrated from their families and countries for long years due to suffocating conditions, have re-united with their families in their countries.
23. As a Muslim and on the basis of humanitarian sympathy, it is a matter of great concern and sorrow for all the Afghan people, that (flagrant) brutality has been unleashed against Muslims in Burma under the tutelage of the state authorities. We call on the Islamic conference and human rights protectors in the world to take urgent steps to forestall the brutalities as per their humanitarian responsibility.
24. My Respected and beloved Mujahideen Brothers!
It is a matter of pleasure that the Almighty Allah has selected us for the service of the religion and privileged us to be engaged in the grand worship of Jihad. Your determination in the cause of defense of your religion, the people and the country and your willingness to render any sacrifice at any time, speak of your strong belief, lofty spirit, unwavering determination, love of honor and free conscious. In fact, you are a cause of pride for all the world, particularly, for the Islamic Ummah and your honor-loving people. You are the pioneers of freedom and liberation in the 21st century and eminent heroes of valor and courage.
Our Jihad and sacrifice will bear fruitful results if we wage jihad in the manner the holy prophet (peace be upon him) and his companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) have waged it.
25. Pay close attention to the protection of life, property and honor of your miserable people. Behave with them with a behavior, being full of sympathy, love, respect and compassion in the footstep of the lofty characteristics and morals of the holy prophet (peace be upon him). Obtain the hearts of the people by the power of noble morals; strictly desist from the harassment of people and inform your chiefs about those who harass common people.
26. During Jihadic operations, employ tactics that do not cause harm to life and property of the common countrymen. The instructions given to you for the protection of civilian losses are, on you, a religious obligation to observe. Any violation readily incurs loss in this world and in the world to come. Therefore, I urge you emphatically to be careful about the civilian losses and take this on yourselves as an explicit responsibility, disregard of what the enemy may be doing to flare up civilian casualties during battles.
27. Organize your Jihadic activities in the framework of the rules of the general bye-law of the Mujahideen of the Islamic Emirate. Strictly desist from interfering in the affairs of each other in order to ensure effective progress of work; to bring about order and to obtain goals smoothly. All should focus on their own responsibilities, and should perform the task devolved on them.
28. Obey your chiefs, and make it part of your daily routine to recite the holy Quran, keep to the remembrance of Allah, study the life history of the Holy prophet (peace be upon him) and recite his prayers and read books for the uplift of your knowledge.
To the Personnel of the Kabul Administration:
29. I invite all personnel of the Kabul Administration, particularly, the personnel of police and army, their officers and the employees of the intelligence department to abandon support of the invaders against your religion and country; join the ranks of Mujahideen like your heroic colleagues-- those who deal crushing blows at the invaders from time to time. Join the current struggle aimed at liberating your country and ousting the foreign usurpers-- a struggle which is on the verge of victory, if God willing. This will give you a successful and proud life here and in the Hereafter, you will be among the pious men of the Creator and the Master (of all Beings).
30. It is more proper for you to take advantage of this opportunity because the day is not far away that the invading enemy will flee Afghanistan. The Islamic Emirate has added in its organizational charter a department by the name of Call and Guidance, Luring and Integration. Its branches are now operational all over the country so that, in addition to other services, they may provide you facilities to leave the ranks of the enemy and join the Mujahideen.
To the Public of the World and the Invading Countries of Afghanistan:
31. America has invaded Afghanistan for the achievement of her long-term political and economic objectives and for quashing her enemies and rivals both at world’s and regional level. It is a pity that some countries have become a scapegoat for the interests of America and, side by side with the American troops, commit crimes of humanity. Your troops mercilessly martyr women and children in our country; destroy villages and houses; desecrate our religious sanctities; vilify our national honors and culture, set fire to our houses and green orchards or bulldoze them until they become leveled with the ground. It is your responsibility to prevent your governments from doing this, as the people of France pioneered to do it. Let not, your children and interests become a sacrifice for the interests and whims of America.
32. You have to know that a great number of your troops are killed in our country or become handicapped, or face various psychological diseases because of the stress of the war but your governments hide all these from you and the media.
33. The Islamic Emirate urges the Islamic conference, the Islamic world, the Islamic nations and government, to come forward in all-sided support of the Afghan miserable people in their struggle of liberation and salvation from atrocities. Similarly, we urge the international community, the organizations of human rights and, in general, all people of the world; the unbiased and equitable statesmen, writers and news agencies not to spare efforts in the cause of independence of the Afghan people as a part of their humanitarian responsibility.
To Human Rights Advocacy Organizations:
We urge all universal organizations working for the protection of human rights not to rely only on reports of the foreign forces and western media outlets; Carry out your own impartial and on site investigation about the ground realities in the area, by fulfilling your responsibility in this regard. The civilian casualties that occur as a result of the American blind bombardment, unsanctioned raids on (residential) houses , letting loose dogs on children and women to bite them; urination on dead bodies, torture of prisoners in prisons, rape of women at the hands of soldiers, police and Arbakis; violation against the honor and property of people are no more something hidden from the eyes of people.
To end, I extend my felicitation once more on the occasion of Eid-ul-fitre to all pious country men and Muslims of world and ask the Almighty Allah to give them happiness in both worlds and triumph over their enemy. In these days of happiness of Eid, I call on the well-to-do Muslims to give the same attention and care to the children and families of martyrs and prisoners as you usually give it to your own children and families. They lack the cool shadow of compassion of their parents. Cherish them with your material and spiritual aids.
Mullah Mohammad Omar Mujahid
The Servant of Islam