Thread: Asma Ul Husna : need meanings & benifits of reciting each one

Madhhab
    None

Default Asma Ul Husna : need meanings & benifits of reciting each one

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatuh

I am looking for the meanings of and the benefits of reading the names of ALLAH (SWT) and the methods in which to read them.

Although I have read them at times but I was hoping I could get some suggestions to sources for their authentic meanings ( names of books, links etc) because I have heard some say that you should know what the actual meaning is of the name by which you are calling upon ALLAH (SWT) or else you may not get the benefit you are looking for.

Also I have heard/read somewhere ( not sure at this moment where ) that excessive reading of these names may have an effect on the person, since ALLAHs names have powerful meaning & effect.

I have found some info on the internet and in some books
    For eg : The name "Ar Rahman" ( The Most Beneficient ) : to be read as "ya Rahmanu" 100 times after every Salah . Benefit : improves memory ( in one place I read) and removes hardheartedness ( in another place I have read).

In case of many other names the number of times to be recited varies not always 100.

I would like to know if there is authentic hadith that backs up any of these or any work of any scholar etc so that I too can benefit from them.

I will InshaALLAH keep all muslim brothers & sister in my duas (please keep me in yours). If I have written something wrong please feel free to correct me as I am just an ordinary muslim of limited knowledge.
    okht_C ( your sister in Islam )

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Asma Ul Husna : need meanings & benifits of reciting each one

At this link you will find audio by Mawlana Sayyid Muhammad 'Ali ibn Zubayr 'Ali discussing the 99 names of Allah.

I have stopped posting on this forum as of 15/01/2013 - 2/03/1434.

To contact: drop me a line at ulamadeoband.wordpress.com

Madhhab
    Hanafi

A famous book here is by Ahmad zarruq (ra). The english translation along with a translation of Qsidah Dimyati is on Amazon. You can also get the Kindle edition.

Quote Originally Posted by afriki_haqq View Post

At this link you will find audio by Mawlana Sayyid Muhammad 'Ali ibn Zubayr 'Ali discussing the 99 names of Allah.

Madhhab
    None

Jazak Allahu Khairan brothers in Islam

I pray on Jumuah you get much rewards for your help here. I shall InshaAllah take a look into the suggestions.
    okht_C ( your sister in Islam )