Thread: Should i perform ghusl in this case?(brothers)

Madhhab
    Don't know

Default Should i perform ghusl in this case?(brothers)

Salam
    Please i want to ask this to my brothers here,Please forgive me for being so open about this problem but i couldnt find any post in the Brothers forum so i thaught no one visited it....
    There are some incidences where i get aroused and release a fluid and it was very little like 2 drops and i could not see what it is, but it is not urine and it is sticky,so after half an hour i released a white fluid, now should i perform ghusl?Because i read online that for some of these fluids ghusl is not required...the reason i am asking this is because i get aroused even when i am not doing anything,and just after that i release this,i get an insecure feeling that i may be impure and my prayers may not be accepted.now this can happen to me 6-7 times in a day and i cant go and keep spending all my time performing ghusl so I really needed guidance and i do not want to discuss this with my father...

so please help me i need some guidance here, should i or should i not perform ghusl?
    Pls explain in simple words i do not have knowledge about all Islamic terminologies

salam

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Should i perform ghusl in this case?(brothers)

Ws

Brother I know the feeling all too well and I actually suffer from this where it leaks for hours on end after arousal, so I pretty much have to avoid ANYTHING that causes arousal, even thoughts. It's very hard and causing me to slowly go insane.

Anyway, from my understanding, and now I could be wrong, but as long as semen (white and sticky), referred to as mani has not been released, Ghusl is not due. Semen is released when you ejaculate, and that is done by physical stimulation of the private area till climax. If it's madhi, which is pre-seminal fluid (clear and sticky) which comes out when one is aroused, then only wudu and washing for that area is due, not a full Ghusl. Madhi does not need physical stimulation of the private area to be released. Thoughts alone can make it come out.

I would still get confirmation from another person before you take what I said, as I myself suffer from pretty bad waswasa (whispers from Shaytan). Also this information is in relation to the Hanafi madhaab. I don't know if other madhaabs have the same rulings. May Allah forgive me for any wrong information I have provided.

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by sanflone View Post
    Ws

Brother I know the feeling all too well and I actually suffer from this where it leaks for hours on end after arousal, so I pretty much have to avoid ANYTHING that causes arousal, even thoughts. It's very hard and causing me to slowly go insane.

Anyway, from my understanding, and now I could be wrong, but as long as semen (white and sticky), referred to as mani has not been released, Ghusl is not due. Semen is released when you ejaculate, and that is done by physical stimulation of the private area till climax. If it's madhi, which is pre-seminal fluid (clear and sticky) which comes out when one is aroused, then only wudu and washing for that area is due, not a full Ghusl. Madhi does not need physical stimulation of the private area to be released. Thoughts alone can make it come out.

I would still get confirmation from another person before you take what I said, as I myself suffer from pretty bad waswasa (whispers from Shaytan). Also this information is in relation to the Hanafi madhaab. I don't know if other madhaabs have the same rulings. May Allah forgive me for any wrong information I have provided.
    For Shafi'e is also the same.
    ie
    Ghusl is required when theres ejaculation (ie semen/mani) or when having intercourse (the whole hashafah has been inserted) whether with human or animal, eventhough no ejaculation.

In bro Abdul97's case, I believe it is mazi (as already explained by bro sanflone). Not mani. No ghusl is needed.

Wallaahu a'lam.

Verily for every disease there is a cure
    When the treatment is suitable, the disease will be cured by the permission of ALLAH 'Azza wa Jalla.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Please see this answer: http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/...ids-and-ghusl/
    Quoted below:

Question:

If mani/semen/sperm exits while or after urinating is Ghusl required in the Hanafi School?

Answer:

Walaikum As-salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

The Hanafi jurists have outlined three general types of sexual fluid in men:

1. Sperm (mani), which is a thick white liquid that, after its exit, the erection subsides.
    2. Pre-ejaculatory fluid (madhi), which is a thin white liquid that exits near the time of arousal, not due to the arousal itself. It also differs from mani in that it doesn’t exit in spurts, the erection normally does not subside with its release, and its exit might not even be felt.
    3. Wadi, a thick white liquid that usually exits with urine (either before or after it).

Of the 3, the exiting of madhi and wadi do not require ghusl, while the exiting of mani does. Of course, ghusl is required in any case if sexual relations occur (specifically when the private parts meet).
    Therefore, if one finds wadi in their urine, ghusl would not be required.

[Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah]

Jazakum Allahu Khairan,

-Sidi Wasim Shiliwala

Checked & Approved by Faraz Rabbani

Wallaahu A'lam.

Search from multiple Q&A sites at: Islamqa.org
    Total Q&A indexed: 35,000+

Madhhab
    Don't know

thank you for all the replies cuz i had started doing ghusl like 4-5 times....
    thank you very very much

Madhhab
    Don't know

if mazi leaks onto my pants should i change my pant?

Madhhab
    Shafi'i

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul97 View Post
    if mazi leaks onto my pants should i change my pant?
    just wash the affected area.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Brother I too suffer from the same illness. Unfortunately it is one that controls ur life and limits you to what ibaadat one can do. Who you talk to and what you can see limited although that is how it should be, but each individual has their weakness. Is there a cure for this illness anyone is aware of? I take as many precautions as possible to avoid madhi leakage and to an extent it works, however this is prevention rather than cure. I ask if there is a cure as I have intetion to get married soon, and I fear that this illness will be a hinderence to a normal happy married life with ones wife. Any conversation or physical contact would cause madhi to leak. Please help. Any advise/leads would be appreciated as well as duas for a cure for all that suffer from this illness. Doctores or hakeems or natural remedies.