Thread: Shaykh Abdur Rauf bin Halima - Raqi

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Shaykh Abdur Rauf bin Halima - Raqi

As salaam alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Does anyone have any experience with the Shaykh? What's his background? Also, are his methods beneficial?

Please help with information, may Allah reward you all.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Default Re: Shaykh Abdur Rauf bin Halima - Raqi

Anyone? Please.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

I know some friends who have met and benefited from him when he came to Reunion Island this year, I'll try to get more informations for you.
    But for now, from his website, he said the following : he's born from a tunisiam father and an american mother in 1967 in Tunis. Grew up in the two cultures until his conversion at 15. He came to France for higher studies (in mathematics) in 1986 and stayed there since. He is practicing roqya since 1997.
    As for his teachers in this field, actually I can' tell you who they are.

As for his method, and I'm talking from what has been narrated to me from a reliable friend who have stayed in his company, he reads verses of the qur'an when treating patients. He also prescribed it as a treatment, and sometimes read it on water that he gives to the sick.

But he also uses a method which have been criticized which is to try to bring the jn who are in the sick person (either the jn will come into the body of the sick or in another people present in the room) and then talk with them and after having make them read the shahda he asks them to leave the victim. And if they persist to not convert, he continue to read Qur'an until the jns leave or finally convert.

He is also a staunch opponent to the use of ta'widh. Some deobandi scholars here in Reunion have opposed to him in this issue while some have agreed with him. Except those amulets which contains clear shirk in them, his critics are particularly against ta'widh which used numbers, or the writing of the Qur'an or the Beautiful Names of Allah in a particular way (in a square for example).
    I know at least 3 reliable people who have find his method beneficial.

He is also supporter of tabligh and used to go with them. He writes that he has gone in khurudj more than 19 times, sometimes for just few days sometimes for 4 months.

Allhu A'lam.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by AimeSi View Post

I know some friends who have met and benefited from him when he came to Reunion Island this year, I'll try to get more informations for you.
    But for now, from his website, he said the following : he's born from a tunisiam father and an american mother in 1967 in Tunis. Grew up in the two cultures until his conversion at 15. He came to France for higher studies (in mathematics) in 1986 and stayed there since. He is practicing roqya since 1997.
    As for his teachers in this field, actually I can' tell you who they are.

As for his method, and I'm talking from what has been narrated to me from a reliable friend who have stayed in his company, he reads verses of the qur'an when treating patients. He also prescribed it as a treatment, and sometimes read it on water that he gives to the sick.

But he also uses a method which have been criticized which is to try to bring the jn who are in the sick person (either the jn will come into the body of the sick or in another people present in the room) and then talk with them and after having make them read the shahda he asks them to leave the victim. And if they persist to not convert, he continue to read Qur'an until the jns leave or finally convert.

He is also a staunch opponent to the use of ta'widh. Some deobandi scholars here in Reunion have opposed to him in this issue while some have agreed with him. Except those amulets which contains clear shirk in them, his critics are particularly against ta'widh which used numbers, or the writing of the Qur'an or the Beautiful Names of Allah in a particular way (in a square for example).
    I know at least 3 reliable people who have find his method beneficial.

He is also supporter of tabligh and used to go with them. He writes that he has gone in khurudj more than 19 times, sometimes for just few days sometimes for 4 months.

Allhu A'lam.
    Anymore info inshallah.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Zayd al-Atharee View Post
    Anymore info inshallah.
    Salam

Why don't you just go and meet this guy akhii and spend some time with him ? That way you'll be able to make an more informed opinion about him.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

brother i practiced ruqya for some years.
    travelled to many places in uk, for therapy sessions. Alhamdulillah never took money for it.
    But to be honost i would advice you not to do it. And one advice most of the Raqi's are not very aware how to deall with all issues (amateurs).
    Mostly they find it very intresting, and profitable in the beginning but regret at the end.

JazakAllah

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by molwisaab View Post
    brother i practiced ruqya for some years.
    travelled to many places in uk, for therapy sessions. Alhamdulillah never took money for it.
    But to be honost i would advice you not to do it. And one advice most of the Raqi's are not very aware how to deall with all issues (amateurs).
    Mostly they find it very intresting, and profitable in the beginning but regret at the end.

JazakAllah

Jazaakallahu khair for your advice. Can you send me your email address.

Madhhab
    Hanafi

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Zayd al-Atharee View Post

Jazaakallahu khair for your advice. Can you send me your email address.
    Wa alaikumussalaam wr wb,

we are not allowed to give e mail adres publicly! lets try requesting our beloved mods.

Can the mods give my e mail please!

JazakAllah